New Spike Pencil

cams

NES Member
I like “gadget” type weapons as curiosities/toys.

Got this one just a little while back off of Arizona Knife online. Hand made, very well made I should add.

Fitted kydex neck hanger. Powerful spring loaded Single action.

To Reload you have to disengage the spike, let it fall back inside and then push the supplied piece of pencil lead down into the tube creating the pressure on the spring. Then release button tab locking it onto the lead.

6792D63E-410E-4EBD-BC17-B79BB5E2B6B0.jpeg25FCBE5E-FEB9-4F9C-BECF-D2FDC18543F9.jpegD03E1098-5F84-4775-9C96-4198CA91CF4B.jpeg

Hmmmm. Tried to upload a short 9second video of it firing but site says “Error” after uploading, I don’t have permission for an extension or something. That sucks.

Anyway, here are the before and after firing pics. Once depressed, the spring loaded spike expels the lead tip and replaces it with the steel spike hidden inside.

5A56C7F2-7943-4556-9A94-299C1D3527FC.jpeg BECB4C29-7ECD-4C84-BBDD-65F0FBB7B718.jpeg

It is pretty sweet, thanks. Several of them for sale on the site there in different colors too.

It’s like the old Urban Defense Pencil but on steroids and much better quality.

I don’t get how it works. Guess I’ll have to wait for the video! Looks neat though

If I had that thing hanging around my neck, I'd wind up with it stuck in my xiphoid process in like 20 minutes

But it'd be wicked cool for the first 19 minutes :)

Last edited:
I don’t get how it works. Guess I’ll have to wait for the video! Looks neat though

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like we’ll get a video. It would need to posted to YouTube and then linked here to view. I don’t do YouTube and I’m a caveman when it comes to online/tech.

The spike itself is hidden inside the pencil body and rests on a strong spring, you then use the supplied piece of pencil lead, push the button on top of the pencil to open the claw and push the pencil lead down inside, which then pushes the spike down building pressure on the spring. Release the button, the claw then closes and captures the lead piece, making it look and act just like a drafting pencil.

This is the loading process. ^^

Once you push the top release button, the spring then pushes the spike upward, which expels the lead piece across the room, and allows the spike to replace it, which automaticallly locks itself into place.

Sounds complicated only because I’m a rock and that’s the only way I can explain it. Firing takes a split second to go from pencil to spike. Loading it back up again takes maybe 5 seconds.

Lol. You stab someone in the neck with that thing and you'll be leaving your "signature"...

Nice! Do you think it would make it past TSA? I don't fly much, but really feel totally defenseless without at least a pocket knife. I've looked at the various "tactical pens", but figured TSA would probably know about them and most are a bit too expensive to lose.

Nice! Do you think it would make it past TSA? I don't fly much, but really feel totally defenseless without at least a pocket knife. I've looked at the various "tactical pens", but figured TSA would probably know about them and most are a bit too expensive to lose.

Zebra F-701, bro. Solid metal but not at all tacticool.

Or the Retro51 Hexomatic. (takes Parker refills)

Tactical pens get through. I chose one that didn't look overly tactical for about $15 In May I flew out with a credit card knife and a tactical pen. On the return trip the credit card knife showed up on the scanner and they took it but no one cared about the pen.

I think you could get a drunken purple elephant past the TSA mouth breathers, that said I wouldn’t want to lose it to one of them either. So, no, not worth the risk for the cost or the penalty as it’s considered an auto. X-rays and all. They like seeing springs.

You can drive a 1.50 pen into somebodies throat just as easily as a 30.00+ “tactical” pen.

Keep a roll of quarters or two and a pair of socks in your carry on bag. Things go south, put the quarters in one of the socks as a sling and start knocking people out. You also have shoe laces to use as a garrote, or your laptop like a high school lunch tray across the face.

No matter where you are or where you’re sitting in the world, there’re weapons all around you that can be used.

Traveling and can’t carry? First meal you have walk out with the steak knife or fork in your pocket. Better than nothing right?

Last edited:
$150 for a "tacticool" pencil? Use a 25 cent Ticonderoga #2 pencil and jam it in someones eye if it came to it. The other $149.75 will be better used for commissary when you get jammed up.

$150 for a "tacticool" pencil? Use a 25 cent Ticonderoga #2 pencil and jam it in someones eye if it came to it. The other $149.75 will be better used for commissary when you get jammed up.

I don’t plan on carrying it, prefer my regular pocket knife for general purposes.

It’s just a collectible to me, a curio, fits nicely in the “small and out of the ordinary” category, which as I explained in my first post, I’ve always liked.

Back
Top Bottom