• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Smith & Wesson CSX Single Action 9mm "leaked"

I’m talking Springfield SA-35, which is a factory fancy hi-power. One of the original ‘wonder9s’.

I have zero mass worries, but even you poor suckers can buy a hi power!! You poor souls have quite a few non-1911 options for non restricted magazine full size guns.
Lol ... any semi auto gun is easy to get.

I have no doubt that Springfield will have the SA-35 and the million more modern variants developed in 2022 thereof on the roster forthwith. Whether there is actual supply to meet shop orders is a different story, but I think we will be seeing plenty of single action semi non-1911 competition on the local market in 2022 which will cut into whatevertheHell S&W was thinking with this thing.
I’ve asked about the SA-35 in two different small, local NH shops. Both places I guess you could say know me, atleast acquaintance level, one maybe a little more so than the other. Both laughed at me at the prospect of picking one up right now. I do want one.

I may be somewhat of a snob for hammer fired steel frame 9mm pistols. However, I do carry glocks because they’re throw away guns that just work.

I’ve asked about the SA-35 in two different small, local NH shops. Both places I guess you could say know me, atleast acquaintance level, one maybe a little more so than the other. Both laughed at me at the prospect of picking one up right now. I do want one.

I may be somewhat of a snob for hammer fired steel frame 9mm pistols. However, I do carry glocks because they’re throw away guns that just work.

The other option is you can buy a CZ right now and get a better gun that's partially a BHP derivative. Although depending on your hand size the safety ends up being almost as bad as a BHP. [rofl]

The other option is you can buy a CZ right now and get a better gun that's partially a BHP derivative. Although depending on your hand size the safety ends up being almost as bad as a BHP. [rofl]
I’m way ahead of you, already have a cz75, and it doesn’t have a safety!! I think I may have to buy another CZ 75 though....

Monday morning. S&W headquarters.
Emergency meeting:

"Uh-oh guys. I think we messed up again.
NES hates it. Especially that Latin singer guy. Broccoli---something? Yea, he really hates it."
NES (myself included) often forget we are on the periphery of the market. Most gun owners don’t seek forums, obsess about new models, discuss firearm law, etc etc.

We are the island of misfits…

It’s ugly, if it runs they will sell boatloads.

Depending on price, it could be interesting

True, however I don't know that a SAO 1911 style compact is going to be popular with what most gun owners want. They seem to want striker fired, polymer frame guns.

NES (myself included) often forget we are on the periphery of the market. Most gun owners don’t seek forums, obsess about new models, discuss firearm law, etc etc.

We are the island of misfits…

It’s ugly, if it runs they will sell boatloads.

Depending on price, it could be interesting

Why do I get the feeling some engineer wanted to change the Shield Plus to a design sort of like this and got told no because of holster/accessory compatibility so they took the design, slapped a hammer on it and called it a day?

True, however I don't know that a SAO 1911 style compact is going to be popular with what most gun owners want. They seem to want striker fired, polymer frame guns.

This is truly a gun nobody wanted, however, there are enough smith acolytes alone that they will sell enough to cover the costs, so it'll probably still win in that way or them.

I am surprised that they didnt make a DA/SA one though, one would think the "Boomer Wojak with S&W hat" crew would be all over those if they
existed. Think like XDe etc.

Finished the Nutn video (had to wait to watch to get stuff done).

Cliff's:
Trigger sucks, no rail and front strap piece is a joke.

Performance Center/Gen 2 will probably be much better.

I'll have to try one at On Target to see if it's any good. Just out of curiosity. I'm sure they'll have at least one for rental.

This is truly a gun nobody wanted, however, there are enough smith acolytes alone that they will sell enough to cover the costs, so it'll probably still win in that way or them.
I'm not so sure about that. I'm an S&W guy practically from birth and I'm still scratching my head wondering what the Hell S&W was thinking with this gun?

But I said the same about the "EZ" pistols and they are selling like hotcakes. Go figure. Did S&W's market research tell them that single action only is the big new coming thang?

I wish I knew the story behind the story on this one. Right now I'm just plain confused. [thinking]

I'm not so sure about that. I'm an S&W guy practically from birth and I'm still scratching my head wondering what the Hell S&W was thinking with this gun?

But I said the same about the "EZ" pistols and they are selling like hotcakes. Go figure. Did S&W's market research tell them that single action only is the big new coming thang?

I wish I knew the story behind the story on this one. Right now I'm just plain confused. [thinking]

The people I'm talking about are the ones that think the BG380 is better than a Ruger LCP2. They will buy anything because it says smith on it, if there was a turd with the S&W logo on it, they would buy it.

The M&P 380 and 9EZ, actually, are probably the smartest things smith has produced in awhile, actually. They sell a lot of those because they address a
market need that nobody else really is (eg, an easy to operate semiauto pistol for people with hand issues, etc).

I am surprised that they didnt make a DA/SA one though, one would think the "Boomer Wojak with S&W hat" crew would be all over those if they
DA/SA compact polymer would be nice, only Shitfield Arbitrary makes one tho. Why Smith made this CSX tho is befuddling because who was asking for a poly SAO this small? I see it has the trigger safety, but really who is going to carry this cocked without using the manual safety and rely just on the trigger safety? That must be why Nuntfancy is saying the trigger sucks, S&W figured some idiots were going to do that and made the pull 8 lbs.

I had an XDE for a couple of years. Nice gun, except for the geometry of the trigger itself. For some reason I got a blister every time I shot it. It was very much like the 3913 other than that.

I'd be surprised if a DA/SA gun using the same frame as the CSX isn't produced within a year or so. More of a CS9 than a 3913, and the CS9 carries well in either a belt or pocket holster.

The CSX frame is aluminum alloy from what I've seen. Which would be very popular with people who like the alloy 3rd Gen guns.

DA/SA compact polymer would be nice, only Shitfield Arbitrary makes one tho. Why Smith made this CSX tho is befuddling because who was asking for a poly SAO this small? I see it has the trigger safety, but really who is going to carry this cocked without using the manual safety and rely just on the trigger safety? That must be why Nuntfancy is saying the trigger sucks, S&W figured some idiots were going to do that and made the pull 8 lbs.

when he showed the wife with it she hit fairly well but she struggled with the trigger when she missed. we've all encountered triggers like that, putting pressure...pressure...pressure and no let off, then a big flinch and ignition. very frustrating. the entire gun lurched on her before it fired.

the entire gun lurched on her before it fired.
[shocked]
kerry-gun-safety.jpg

Back
Top Bottom