• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Sig P365 Owner - Ammo And IWB Holster Recommendations?

There are so many holster recommendations that it's going to take some time to evaluate all of them and make a decision. After my last range trip where I tested 6 different defensive loads, I think I have narrowed that selection down to a couple Federal HST loads or the Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr.

If you buy too many holsters, you have an excuse to buy more guns!

Thanks, I ordered a Bedder light tuck and a FoxX Little Fox for mine. That ought to get me started...

I went with Concealment Express for appendix jeans carry. It was relatively cheap for a faux carbon fiber holster. Fit is reasonably good for a $40 holster and is available on Amazon:

iwb-kydex-holster-sig-sauer-p365-iwb-kydex-holster-1_1200x.jpg

Although, I think if I decide to carry this as my primary every day gun, I'll need a second holster that works with tucked dress shirts, so I was thinking this Bad Bones Tactical for work carry:

maxresdefault.jpg

CYA holster worked well with my Shield, so I ordered one for P365. As some online reviews mentioned, the two screws holding the clip on are a bit proud of the inside of the holster. I'm going to remove the screws and give the heads a brief session on a sander before I check the fit.

Follow up: I decided not to sand the screws down, as I didn't want their strength compromised. After positioning the clip and tightening the screws down fully, there is only a slight chance of contact between the slide and the screws.

Also, this gun/holster fit has more lateral slop in it than my CYA/Shield. In hand it feels kinda cheap. On body, no issues. This holster could use some improvement, and seems like it was rushed to market.

Last edited:
For a holster, the G-Code Incog eclipse if you like IWB appendix or strong side carry. I'd recommend the classic mojo as it is less bulky and the clip does not stick out as much. The fuzz lining keeps the holster in place and aids in comfort.

I just picked up a P365 and have been using the Sig 115gr bullets for now since I have a stash of them. Most of the remaining 9mm rounds I have are 147 or 124, so it may be interesting in seeing how the heavier round effects picking up my second shot.

I purchased both a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 and Vedder CF with claw. They are both nice, and are for different applications. I have the same setup for my HK 45C and really like the quality of both companies’ products.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
My Garrett Industries holster came in the mail and it's great. It's their Silent Thunder Solo with neoprene backing. Unlike the one I got for my CZ P01, this one has great retention even off body. It might break in and lose some retention but right now it's perfect. You can't easily reholster while wearing it but I don't do that anyway if the holster is at 4 o'clock.

Tucker Gun Leather doesn't make the mini for the p365. Which is too bad because it was a fantastic holster for my Khar PM9.
They offered up their deep carry line. Ended up getting the DC-2, but I haven't worn it enough to review yet.
DC-2-Coyote-IWB_Crop_Med-__01186.1534959489.jpg

Any feedback on this? I see the clip has only one screw, does it hold the cant angle well?

Any feedback on this? I see the clip has only one screw, does it hold the cant angle well?

I shelved this holster. Made the pistol feel bulky and you’re right, the cant isn’t too stable.
Wearing a Crossbread now. Much more comfortable, but access to the pistols grip is slightly impeded by the kydex and leather material under the trigger guard. I might try to trim it a bit

I shelved this holster. Made the pistol feel bulky and you’re right, the cant isn’t too stable.
Wearing a Crossbread now. Much more comfortable, but access to the pistols grip is slightly impeded by the kydex and leather material under the trigger guard. I might try to trim it a bit

Thanks and sorry it didn't work out. Garrett Industries uses two screws on their adjustable cant clip and it's very stable. Probably just as bulky though.

90% of the AIWB holsters I’ve tried are crap. Dark star gear Orion and High threat Spektre are hands down the two finest AIWB kydex holsters I have found. They’re all I use anymore. The JM custom, PHLster and Henry holsters are just as good. the PHLster floodlight might be the cleverest holster ever although I suspect most folks would find it either uncomfortable or not concealable. For me it works great if I want a WML.

90% of the AIWB holsters I’ve tried are crap. Dark star gear Orion and High threat Spektre are hands down the two finest AIWB kydex holsters I have found. They’re all I use anymore. The JM custom, PHLster and Henry holsters are just as good. the PHLster floodlight might be the cleverest holster ever although I suspect most folks would find it either uncomfortable or not concealable. For me it works great if I want a WML.

I just looked those up. I still like the LightTuck™ Kydex IWB for AIWB (and IWB) because it’s tuckable and has adjustable depth and cant, which many of the others don’t. Customer service is very good too.

I just looked those up. I still like the LightTuck™ Kydex IWB for AIWB (and IWB) because it’s tuckable and has adjustable depth and cant, which many of the others don’t. Customer service is very good too.

Vedder clip and wing are sub par. They also skimp on hardware. Single bolts for everything. It’s the Hyundai of holsters. The upside is they sure do ship fast. For slightly more $$ one can be into top end holsters.

Vedder clip and wing are sub par. They also skimp on hardware. Single bolts for everything. It’s the Hyundai of holsters. The upside is they sure do ship fast. For slightly more $$ one can be into top end holsters.

The only extra bolt I see on the Dark Star is on the wing, I have used Vedder Light tuck for 5 different carry guns, three w the wing and the wing/single bolt has never been an issue nor is the clip (the old plastic clips sucked but they changed those years ago). The fit/retention is excellent and the adjustable cant is nice. I’ll take that hyundai any day. Not putting down the dark star or any other holster but Vedder is plenty solid.

Last edited:
I have a new go-to holster. Got it as a gift from a co-worker who is in the process of getting her LTC.
The holster is a Clover Leather Co. tuckable IWB that I've been wearing at my 3 o'clock. I've had it for about a month and it's extremely well made as has worked very well. Comfort and concealability are my primary concerns as I wear slacks and tucked-in dress shirt at work.

Previously I've tried the Crossbreed Freedom Carry IWB, Tuxton Tactical Custom Kydex and Tucker Gunleather Deep Carry IWB. I'll probably only keep the Tuxton Tactical and Clover Leather Co.

My first holster was the Tucker Gunleather. My previous EDC was a Kahr PM9 and the Tucker "the Mini" was excellent. But Tucker only makes the Deep Carry for the p365, which is far too bulky and the kydex belt clip was too flimsy (while being too thick) and not very stable (the cant angle would rotate)

The Crossbreed Freedom Carry was too large in terms of surface area. There is quite a bit of extra leather that extends around the gun and kydex. I could always feel some part of the holster no matter my body position. And as I've complained before, the access to the grip area under the trigger guard was blocked by too much leather and kydex (I never got around to trimming it).

The Tuxton Tactical is also a great holster and I will probably keep it for when I take classes since they require frequent re-holstering. The problem is that the "wing" appendage that helps keep the holster pressed against my side was difficult to manage. It required some contortions trying to tuck my shirt behind both the belt clip and the wing. Without the wing installed, the holster would rotate such that the pistol grip would poke out under my shirt.

The Clover Leather Co. holster doesn't have any of these issues. It is all-leather with a low-profile metal IWB belt clip. The leather is made with the rough side out except for the reinforced area around the opening and where the belt clip attaches. There is no sweat guard. The whole rig just seems to disappear on my hip. It's comfortable and doesn't seem to move around at all. The pistol grip is very accessible: it sits at a perfect height above my belt line and there is no leather blocking my grip. The belt clip is very thin and discrete and it's a breeze to tuck a dress shirt behind it (thick shirts might require some extra manipulation). The retention is very good. In fact it feels down right tight, but it's breaking-in nicely and my draw is unimpeded after a few weeks. Build quality seems very good. No loosening hardware; stitching seems sturdy as does the leather. But time will tell and I'll update if things change.

Here's the company contact info. I have no financial connections to the company; I just want to share my experiences with my new rig.

Clover Leather Co.
978-767-5092
[email protected]
L side.jpg R side.jpg L side.jpg R side.jpg Need a real gun belt.jpg Covered.jpg Old holsters.jpg

Went to a range a couple days ago and rented 5 small 9mm pistols looking for the best fit for my new carry gun. I have been carrying a snubbie for probably 9 or 10 years but decided I would feel a bit more comfortable with more rounds immediately available and a faster reload if needed.

As the title says, my choice was the Sig P365. It was the right size, fit my hand perfectly, has great sights, trigger was fine, shot really well, and finally, 10+1 capacity just put it way over the top for me!

If you have a P365, I would appreciate hearing about what carry ammo you like and what holster you like and would especially like to hear from those who pocket carry as that would be my desired mode of carry (snubbie is pocket carry). Also, regarding ammo, I will likely want a standard pressure round as I have severe arthritis in my wrists and had to switch to standard pressure rounds in the snubbie recently so I could stand shooting more than 1 cylinder full and have a meaningful practice session. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Can't beat the elastic band ComfortTac. Hides the waist bulge and is comfortable and only $22. Pocket holster is ok too. I used both but Comfort Tac gets the nod most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom