• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Sig 229

Here's the new DAK 229. Shoots like a good revolver. Trigger is smooth and crisp. Great night sights, and near perfect fit and finish. I've put 350 rounds through it so far and I like it better than the Beretta 96 it replaces.

safe016.jpg

safe017.jpg

Oh that's a real nice pistol. I had 3 P229's over the years in .40 and .357S. Could not get them to jam. Extraordinary pistols. Bring it over to Harvard some weekend to bang some plates.
Congrats.

I have had my P229 for about 8 or 9 years. I don't remember it ever jamming. The lower on mine does not have a rail. Now to get one without a rail, I think you have to get the SAS version of the 229 which I don't think is available for MA! [thinking] Not sure. NICE weapon.[grin]

When you say SAS version, is that British Special Air Service?

Thats what I thought of too. I am not sure if that is what their SAS is supposed to mean or not. Here is a link:

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=8&productid=85

I think this is the only version without the rail now. Funny because when I got mine it was the only way. Now they are from the "Custom Shop"....LOL. Look at the bottom, it says the SAS is NOT MA compliant. Too bad because without the rail its idea for concealed carry.

/JOhn

Last edited:
I've had mine for almost a year now, I've put well over 1500 rounds through it so far, and it hasn't jammed. I remember, the guy told me it would be finicky if i didn't clean it right. That was BS, some weeks I'd forget to lube it up and it would still run like a machine. I love my Sig!!!

I can't honestly say for sure but with the 3 P229's I've owned over the years it would be conservative to say I dumped over 10K rounds out of them in .40s&w and .357S. Never never never once did I experience anything resembling a jam. Had 5 P226's too and in 20 some odd years dumped tens of thousands of rounds of 9mmP out of them too and never oh never did I have a jam except for 3 rounds of a specific hand load that I made up that was of an experimental nature.
Had a P228 that I sold last year (dummie me) and shot a thousand plus rounds out of it-same boring story. No jams. Nothing. No problems at all. There's just nothing more that can be said. They work flawlessly, hit where you aim it and do the job day in and day out. It's like a perfectly crafted camera. You hold it on target, squeeze the trigger and let the pistol do the rest.

Thats what I thought of too. I am not sure if that is what their SAS is supposed to mean or not. Here is a link:

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=8&productid=85

I think this is the only version without the rail now. Funny because when I got mine it was the only way. Now they are from the "Custom Shop"....LOL. Look at the bottom, it says the SAS is NOT MA compliant. Too bad because without the rail its idea for concealed carry.

/JOhn

I'm beginning to think SAS has something to do with the trigger or custom shop terminology. In any event, it's a masterpiece.

Dummie me..........Sig Anti Snag. Sorry.
The British thingie came out of my mind because they were using P226's a few years back when I was over there, across the pond. Right!

They are the most boring pistol ever....you feed them, they work...you feed them, they work. No element of surprise (will it jam, FTF, explode, not work)! [wink]

My newest off duty weapon: 229R .40 with Sig lites and a short trigger installed

P3250255.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos guys!

This is one of the newest members of my Sig 229 family:

th_march508002.jpg P2231857.jpg

A Sig 229 9mm was my first gun, & started my addiction. I know have all three 229 models (357 sig, 40, 9mm) represented. I can't say enough good things about the quality of these firearms.

Gorgeous Sigs everyone. I'm hoping to have my first one this fall/Christmas when I finally leave this state. It's between a 229 and a USP Compact.

My duty weapon is the 229 in 357Sig. I've got nearly 20000 rounds through it. Only had two issues (double feeds both). I'll take that ratio!

Excellent firearm, just hard to conceal for me in my job.

Back
Top Bottom