• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New SIG - 1911RM-45-SSS

Got me a new SIG - my first 1911. Still trying to get my head around field stripping this puppy. Yeah I know, avoid the idiot mark. I am so used to the simple field strip procedures on most modern auto's that this seems like a major operation. Just have to learn something new! [wink]

Yeah, the ZT0300 came the day after I bought the SIG so I thought it deserved to be in the show too. Then I could tell that the edc was feeling left out so in it went.

walther_zt_sig1911.jpg

walther_zt_sig1911_2.jpg

Last edited:
So disappointed they put external extractors on all their 1911's. Besides that, looks sweet! Can't wait for the range report.

I am more disappointed that it is a mim part. Not so concerned that is external - the whole gun is what I would call a 1911 variant. It retains many 1911 design features but SIG has gone their own way. Results tbd.

When I got my 1911 I found this video helpful when field stripping and reassembly. Hopefully it can help. That's a sweet gun congrats.

Springfield 1911 A1 field strip - YouTube

Yes thanks. I am finding some SIG 1911 specific video as well. The field strip is not hard - I am just unfamiliar with it. After a few range trips and clean ups I'll be fine.

You don't hear many complaints about them. Sig and S&W seem to have figured out the 1911 / external extractor combo. The internal extractors aren't totally without issue either.

Not a single issue with my Sig 1911 to date. You will love it.

Glad to hear it. It is a nice looking piece and it fits my hand well. Can't wait to get it to the range. Probably not for at least a week..... [angry]

Did/do you have the same model?

Looks real nice! Is that full size? Can't seem to find it on their web site.

5" barrel. It's the 1911RM-45-SSS - definitely on the site.... let me grab a link
1911 Stainless Rail

The grips on my unit are darker than what is on the site - but you can see that above - you can just barely make out the wood grain. I am debating whether to keep the grips on or not. Don't want to beat them up.

Last edited:
OK, I was looking for 1911mr on the site, not listed like that on the site hence the fail.

Thanks!

Heh heh he.

My Bad. A fit of dyslexia.

I'll fix it.

Very nice, I like sigs a lot. I'm still waiting on my TTT to come in at four seasons, the wait is killing me lol. Congrats and enjoy
018.gif

Nice - did they order the TTT special for you?

Last edited:
I have the Nitron Target. One of these days I will get it to Business End Customs for a trigger job.

Durn. Seems like a lot more SIG 1911's out there than I expected. I know there are a lot of SIGs around - thought the 1911 models were pretty new for them.

I see the Nitron Target is not MA compliant. Does it not have the peep hole?

Durn. Seems like a lot more SIG 1911's out there than I expected. I know there are a lot of SIGs around - thought the 1911 models were pretty new for them.

I see the Nitron Target is not MA compliant. Does it not have the peep hole?

You can get an XO which is basically the same except it comes with different grips and IMO better sights. I handled one when I was at four seasons and it was nice, If I Haden't already had my heart set on the TTT I would have taken it home.

Edit: I just checked and yes the target nitron is MA compliant if your on Sigs sight click on it, then click on Specifications and scroll down.

Last edited:
Any one got a list of all the mass legal ones ?
I wish there .22 was I've heard good things about them .

On the SIG site, navigate to the pistol you are interested in and look at the very bottom of the specs on the specifications tab... they say whether there is MA compliant version of that model

You can get an XO which is basically the same except it comes with different grips and IMO better sights. I handled one when I was at four seasons and it was nice, If I Haden't already had my heart set on the TTT I would have taken it home.

Edit: I just checked and yes the target nitron is MA compliant if your on Sigs sight click on it, then click on Specifications and scroll down.

Eh - I see now - the regular Nitron is CA compliant but not MA compliant. The Nitron Target is both CA and MA.

Not a big deal - the only difference is the "loaded chamber indicator". Has to be one of the most ridiculous laws on the books.

I traded in an older S&W 1911 target model for my SIG Nitron target... then, of course, messed around with it to make it MINE!!!! Very nice 1911 variant...far nicer than the S&W I had.

Back
Top Bottom