• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New show? Guns and Gear

65 on comcast or if you have HD its 865

sorry it just ended. if i see it listed again I'll post it. I taped it but that's not really helping you.

UPDATE: i checked the listings and its on again tomorrow morn at 8:30am also 8:30am Thursday i'll check to see if its every morn. update #2 nope not on fri. so we'll have to keep our eyes open.

the show featured both handguns and shotguns.

Last edited:
Ah yes. Tom Gresham's new show. Glad to see a firearms show on a channel carried on Comcast expanded basic. BTW, if you like podcasts, check out guntalk.com. Tom does a weekly radio show that isn't carried in the Boston area, but he makes it available by podcast.

these were for actual guns not gun related items, that's what surprised me.

now flipping the channels i see starting at 4pm on 39 / 839 (discovery) there are back to back episodes of a show called Tank Overhaul, is that new as well? anybody heard of it?

That show is excellent, I stumbled across it today about half way through it. Now it is set on my DVR. I felt like all was right with the world, wall to wall gun talk and gun commercials, I cant believe that some dink hasnt complained about it yet. I hope they put more of that type of programming on. [smile]

I've watched Versus a few times but they do seem to be running more hunting and gun shows lately.
Last weekend must have been a "Jeff Foxworthy/Whitetail Marathon".
I watched one about hunting elephant in Africa with a big Double Rifle, .577.
They even showed the actual shot and impact. I'm old enough to remember when Wide World of Sports" did hunting stories, back in the early '60s I think, and showed that stuff.

I've watched Versus a few times but they do seem to be running more hunting and gun shows lately.
Last weekend must have been a "Jeff Foxworthy/Whitetail Marathon".
I watched one about hunting elephant in Africa with a big Double Rifle, .577.
They even showed the actual shot and impact. I'm old enough to remember when Wide World of Sports" did hunting stories, back in the early '60s I think, and showed that stuff.

they usually have hunting shows quite a bit of the day on Thursdays and Fridays, specially now that hunting season is coming up. that's why the had "the bucks of tecomate" on so much lately - that's the show Jeff is a part of.

"Versus" is the new (about 2yrs?) name of the Outdoor Life Network (OLN).

VersusHD coverage of the Tour de France was spectacular.

I'll have to look up what channel that is on comcast. thanks

Let me know if you find it. All I can find on the line up is Fox Sports in Spanish.

Edit: Apparently it's on 852/52 on Comcast, although they call the channel the Comcast Sports Network.
Or they may just play some content from Foxnews.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom