New Show: Boxboro November 16th & 17th

200.webp

Wasn't that a Holiday Inn or something years ago? My brother got married there. Still well within the borders of mAss.

Funny wedding. We had Adolph Hitler's son as the officiant. No rehearsal. We just went. We had to walk 48 miles from the back of the world to the pavilion thing. To a song we'd never heard before. "It's a long song and a long walk. Walk slow." So we did. PAINFULLY slow. We get to the pavilion. Officiant-guy: "YOU'RE EARLY!" Sorry. Telling me WTF to do earlier than 4 min before the wedding starts would have been a better plan. LOL

I think Cabela's will do a brisk business starting around 11:00 that day.

Selling post-ban as pre-ban (mags) is something that happens at EVERY gun show in MA and usually by multiple dealers. We need to be aware and wary to not get in trouble.

Seems like good sized one with 300 tables but the only MA gunshow I've been to was Big E years ago when they actually had over 500 tables.
Big E used to have >600 tables easy. Marlboro and Shriner's in Wilmington used to have 500 tables. Foxboro used to have 325 tables (and was always sold out in the 1990s).

Seems like good sized one with 300 tables but the only MA gunshow I've been to was Big E years ago when they actually had over 500 tables.
Looks like this one is run by the same shitty promoters as the other MA shows, expect more of the same ghost town thing. After they pushed out a legit vendor for "pricing things too low" that was the last straw.

-Mike

There used to be a gun show at that place a long time ago. Last time I went we got there to open the place and could have fit all the people in the place not selling stuff into a 15 passenger van.

Yeah...

And I know what the sentiment seems to be regarding MA gun shows, but my thought is: if we don’t go then there will be none....

Not to mention it gets my old man out of the house for a while

I agree.
We don't go with any kind of high expectations, it's just an excuse to get together with a few friends or family for some good clean fun, and we usually go out to eat after.
The admission price is pretty much money out the window though. :(

I can still get to Linguine's after. That's what I care about.

There have been far too many good deals online lately to make me "want" anything at a gun show anymore. Maybe a $400 P-38 would get me to move. Maybe.

Yeah...

And I know what the sentiment seems to be regarding MA gun shows, but my thought is: if we don’t go then there will be none....

Not to mention it gets my old man out of the house for a while
I agree.
We don't go with any kind of high expectations, it's just an excuse to get together with a few friends or family for some good clean fun, and we usually go out to eat after.
The admission price is pretty much money out the window though. :(
Yeah, you either enjoy going to these shows and accept them for what they are (and aren't)... or you hate them for not being the shows of yesteryear or for not being the massive shows folks can have in the larger pro-gun free states. Warts, price increase and all, I still manage to enjoy the local shows, at least the ones in Marlboro and Wilmington. The smaller shows are another matter. It's going to be hard to justify Boxboro just one week after Wilmington. [thinking]

About the only reason to go now is to find a specific part that MIGHT be there or to stumble across something you know is undervalued that you can flip.

...or for not being the massive shows folks can have in the larger pro-gun free states.

The 4200 table Wanenmacher show is this weekend (9-10) in Tulsa. Next one April 4-5, 2020. I WILL go someday. I like the fact that if 90% of your table isn't guns or knives, the table costs more. Cuts way down on the jerky and raffles so more of what you've gone there for.

The one out of state show that I've been able to attend so far was in southern Alabama. It was a small "club" show, but the selection of firearms available was pretty large. The only thing that was similar was that there was a no loaded guns policy.

I'm hoping to be in one of the southern states I visit with regularity on a weekend when there is a show nearby.

That was my tipping point. Now I think the best thing for MA gunowners is for this promoter’s shows to die a quick death.

My tipping point was when I was waiting in line at the Manchester show some years ago and before the doors opened, I could see the dealers going from table to table snatching up the good deals before the doors opened. Then I found out that this is common..a dealer that I was friendly with said another dealer( Well known,at every show) came over to his table before the doors opened and bought every USP he had and marked them up $200. Capitalism I know, but it also American to stop going to these shows and getting ripped off.

If these shows end up dying out, it is nothing to do with the consumers, but the greed of the dealers.

See computer shows of the '90's for an example of what happens.

Just leaving now. Very small show. Not much to look at. One table with lots of preban mags at "I don't want to sell" prices.

Opinions are subjective; I thought it was okay - prices are definitely on the higher side. Two rooms, lots of eye-candy, bought some more Lucky 20 Raffle Tickets at the GOAL table...plus it got me out of the house for a couple hours

Two preban mag tables. Both higher than NES pricing. Fast show. An hour. No one there. Surprising and sad.

Edit - Pregnant? Silly autocorrect.

Last edited:
Very disappointing. REALLY slow. Probably less than 1/2 the size of Wilmington. I spoke to one of the vendors from Pennsylvania who indicated that he wouldn't be a Boxboro if they run it next year. I might as well as wiped my ass with $13 and flushed it....

Back
Top Bottom