• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New shotgun law?

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
So trying to clear up some lets call it gun store rumor crap. Someone said their passing something about shotgun capacity in MA. I said that was BS

Who knows what they are doing....they are not to sure themselves.

They can't limit Shotgun Capacity further without actually passing a law, right ?

Hell, I'd finally buy that KSG and Hillary would confiscate it six months later.

Last edited:
Well that makes sense--because they are machine guns.

They launch like eight or nine or fifteen (or even hundreds!) of projectiles with a single pull of the trigger, and allow psychopaths to "spray fire" politically protected groups out of ignorance and hatred.

I'm glad they're finally closing that loophole. Cuz hey--it's for the children.

What exactly is the rumored changed? I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people complaining about a "new" law thats been on the books forever but said complainer had just found out about it.

Maura said that shotguns can't have more than 5 round capacity. That is, in fact, the law on the books.

It cannot hold more than 5 shots AND have a pistol grip (or a collapsible stock, or a bayonet lug)--no?

Or are they now asserting that ANY shotgun that holds more than 5 rounds is an "assault rifle"?

Because if that's the case I have a couple 12 Gauge Winchester assault rifles made in 1914 that came standard with 7 shot magazines.

It wouldn't surprise me if they forget the semi auto part and start claming that no shotguns can have more the five rounds, pump guns included...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They launch like eight or nine or fifteen (or even hundreds!) of projectiles with a single pull of the trigger, and allow psychopaths to "spray fire" politically protected groups out of ignorance and hatred.

This. Thousands, if not millions, of children are killed by shotguns each year. What kind of lunatic needs TWO barrels?

Plus, some of them are full-semi-auto.

This is partially true. #8 birdshot has about 400 pellets in it. [laugh]

The definition of large capacity feeding device doesn't exclude shotgun tubes.

Yes... the wording of the law is contradictory in that regard, as non-semi auto shotguns are not 'large capacity weapons' by statutory definition. Is a fixed magazine on a non-large capacity weapon able to be a large capacity feeding device? Not by any sane interpretation of the law.

The original way it was written was a semi auto shotgun with at least one of the original evil features (collapsable stock, pistol grip) was limited to no more than 5 rounds regardless of the feeding mechanism .

That has now apparently changed to "any semi auto shotgun capable of holding more than 5 shells"

Pumps are still exempt from the 5 shell capacity , but the new interpretation suddenly rules out shotguns like the FN SLP that are semi auto but did not have a pistol grip or collapsable stock and held 8 shells

The original way it was written was a semi auto shotgun with at least one of the original evil features (collapsable stock, pistol grip) was limited to no more than 5 rounds regardless of the feeding mechanism .

That has now apparently changed to "any semi auto shotgun capable of holding more than 5 shells"

Pumps are still exempt from the 5 shell capacity , but the new interpretation suddenly rules out shotguns like the FN SLP that are semi auto but did not have a pistol grip or collapsable stock and held 8 shells

That's a direct contradiction to the written law. That would be an easy one to win.

Yes... the wording of the law is contradictory in that regard, as non-semi auto shotguns are not 'large capacity weapons' by statutory definition. Is a fixed magazine on a non-large capacity weapon able to be a large capacity feeding device? Not by any sane interpretation of the law.
Maura is not interested in sane interpretations, and saying that a pump shotgun with 8+1 tube contains a lcfd is far less tortured than her reinterpretation of the awb with regards to rifles.

Yes, apparently Healey simply ignored the entire X number of banned features piece of the law in her reinterpretation. She must have some good evidence that helped her determine that the ones who actually wrote and approved the law didn't believe that specifics of the law were all that important.

Therein lies the rub...

This is partially true. #8 birdshot has about 400 pellets in it. [laugh]
We might be on to something here... What if we push this out to the public and start a widespread movement against shotguns - then the FUDDs will HAVE TO get involved!

Can someone actually post a link to where it is asserted by the AG that "shotguns that hold more than five rounds are banned"?

THE GUNSHOPS CANT SCARE YOU INTO PANIC BUYING AR'S AND AK'S ANYMORE SO THEY ARE THINKING UP WAYS TO GET YOU TO BUY THE UTS AND THE KSG.

We might be on to something here... What if we push this out to the public and start a widespread movement against shotguns - then the FUDDs will HAVE TO get involved!

The FUDDS are all asleep.

Probably still vote Dem because Grandpa did.

That's how it is with most of my relatives.

Back
Top Bottom