• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Shop in Dracut !

Is the range going to be public? My buddy lives two streets down from there.

Yes. Like most, the public price is a bit higher than his member price. I couldn't tell you the prices, but I think he's quoting his range fees over the phone at this time.

He'll be open today, so give him a jing. [smile]

So I'm looking to buy my first 1911... Looking for a Rock Island. Go to On Target Firearms. Bought a Shield there two years ago.
Guy at On Target convinces me that an SR1911 would be a better choice. Couple hundred more but worth it. Little steep, but ok.
Fast forward- drop a deposit on an SR with owner. Request a new in box one, not the floor model. No problem he says...
Go back a week later, pay it off, and head home all happy, box o' gun in hand. Get home, open and admire my new toy.
Looking at specs online...Ruger's website says my model comes with two 7 rd mags and a bushing wrench...NICE!
Grab box, check box... no mag, no wrench. Only mag I have was in pistol when I got it.
Call shop, inquire about extra mag and wrench. Told they don't come with that model, says he's busy and has my paperwork right there, will check and call back in 10 minutes....yesterday.
How do you think this story ends?

By now I'd already found another mag cheap online for $21.50, and Ruger sells the wrench for $3, but it's the principle here. Bullshit like this is specifically why I asked for a new IN BOX. Don't know about you, but 8 bills is a lot of money to me.

Today I call Ruger just to verify that I should have gotten two mags and a wrench with my model for when On Target ever DOES call.
"Of course you are," says wonderful lady on phone. I explain my situation to her... next thing I know...
She's sending me a 7rd mag and a wrench free of charge. Be here in 3 business days.

End result...Don't care if On Target ever calls me back. Ruger has gained the loyal customer On Target is losing forever. Along with both of my younger brothers- one of whom was shopping while I was paying, and anyone else I can convince to avoid this place.

The End

Update: New magazine and wrench came exactly when promised. Phone call... not so much.

Last edited:
wow! That's pretty horrendous! I bought one of those and they do come with 2 mags and a wrench so good on Ruger for making it right!

So I'm looking to buy my first 1911... Looking for a Rock Island.

Love my Rock Island .45
I bought it to beat on instead of my Gold Cup.
...and beat on it I have. Runs like a glock, er, clock...

BTW, Call Joe. If he makes it right...You WIN!

Back
Top Bottom