New shooters

So I brought along a couple to the range today for their first time shooting. They had asked me a while back if I could bring them as they both wanted to try out shooting. I have them a quick run down of basic rules and how to operate the guns at my house before we went to the range so we didn't have to do it there.

we went to the outdoor range equipped with my sr22, m&p 9 full size and my sub2000. I started them out on the sr22 and after a few mags moved them to the m&p. they both did really well for their first time, and the wife was very excited to take her targets home so she could hang it up. They were both very excited and asking when we could go back. He took to it very well and while she was a little nervousness at first by the end she was getting most shots on target and was very proud to see a few bull's that she had hit.

I think they may be hooked as they were asking about the class they will need for their ltc. Unfortunately they reside in Fall River so I explained the restrictions that the will most likely be given.

Good for you! Great to hear stories of new shooters being indoctrinated into the sport. We need to become the "majority". Too bad they live in Fall River...they need to be armed in that city. [thinking]

Good for you! Great to hear stories of new shooters being indoctrinated into the sport. We need to become the "majority". Too bad they live in Fall River...they need to be armed in that city. [thinking]
No kidding [wink] it's a shame as to how things have become there.
hopefully they stick with it as they both seemed to enjoy it very much

Two more pro gun people added to the list, I love bringing new shooters and even people that aren't really all for guns to the range. They always tend to leave saying the same thing "I need to get my ltc" lol

good for you. the more people we can take to the range, the more people who have a good time. the more people who are in our corner saying "you know, i went shooting once and no one got hurt. in fact, i had a great time!"

Thanks guys, these two most certainly enjoyed themselves and expressed a lot of interest in pursuing the sport further. I have a few other friends that have been asking for me to take them out but coordinating schedules has been a little tricky, but I hope to get them out soon. Hopefully that'll be 2 more new shooters that enjoy it as well. Even though I am fairly new to shooting myself, I was pleased to see that my instructions seemed to stick with both of them as they took great care to keep muzzles pointing down range, fingers off the trigger until ready to shoot, and being very safe and cautious overall.

Hate to say it but 2 pissed off restricted citizens are better for our cause than 1,000 pacified citizens which begged but got their LTC unrestricted. If they are pissed enough to become activists. And we have 1,000,000 more like them. Nevermind. I am going baaaaack to sleeeeep

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

While I didnt get to bring anyone else to the range yet, one of the guys that I was planning on taking sent me a message last night to let me know he just signed up to take his firearms safety course. He had asked me to tell him about shooting a while back as he had been interested for a while and has been dying to get out to the range, but we havent been able to make time. I had explained a few things to him and let him see and handle a pistol as he had never held a "real gun".
His class is set up in 2 weeks so he should be turning in his app before the end of the year.

That is what it's all about. I try to get a new shooter to the range at least every couple months or more. I appreciate you doing it as well.

Back
Top Bottom