• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Shooters Forum

HarryPottar

NES Member
HI,

I'm totally new to shooting, I should be getting LTC-A unrestricted some time next week and my 16 year old son his FID.

I wonder if there would be interest in a new (newby) shooters thread, to ask dumb questions with out fear of ridicule.

Newby list; Ok I got my first gun, I'm taking courses and practicing at the range. What else do I need, list cleaning supplies, range bags, safes large and small good starter equipment. Electronic ear muffs vs plugs, equipment difference for indoor vs outdoor range, rifle vs handgun vs shotgun etc.

Range training tips, rather than just go to the range and mindlessly shoot paper targets, what drills should be practice, how do I set my sights up, what ammo should I choose, what does plus p mean etc

I know eventually I would like to get in to reloading, the science behind it intrigues me, what equipment you need/should get etc.

There're lots of experienced shooters on this forum and I for one would benefit from the wisdom and experiences. They all started some where what did they do then that they should have never done etc.

Just a thought.

Harry

don't worry bro, no one knows shit anyway.

Probably the most important thing for you right now is to decide which is better, 9mm or 40 (foh-tay), I'm sure that people would be helpful with input.

... and also welcome! [cheers]

First rule of NES :
Ignore the idiot / unhelpful answers

Second Rule of NES :
Appreciate the people that take the time to answer your questions in a helpful manner.

Follow the rules, you'll be okay here.

thanks for the feedback, I know my local PD said they've had lots of new applicants recently, assuming the same questions would come up and over and over again. Newby forum would be a good place to start.

I'm purchasing a Glock 26 Gen 4 from a member of this board once I have my LTC in hand. I like that and I'm keeping my eye's out for a Walther PPS 9mm as well.

harry

A lot of topics do tend to come up frequently. I have to say the search function here leaves a lot to be desired. A search for "Glock 26" results in every thread with the word Glock or the number 26 mentioned in it. A site specific Google search works much better.

newbies asking basic questions and getting pig piled just plain sucks. if fact, this board is the worst for that of the several i'm currently active on. it discourages a lot of new blood to help keep the site active. i'm afraid ya gotta just deal with it, ask your questions, and plow through the crap you get back and you'll find several serious answers. and keep active here, pretty soon you'll be ignored and treated like everyone else, basicly most of us are good. and you heard right, the search engine here sucks too, so when you get tired of monkeying with that and ask your question, just tell the folks who'll start blowing out to do a search, tell 'em to shove it up their behinds.

and welcome to you and your son.

A lot of topics do tend to come up frequently. I have to say the search function here leaves a lot to be desired. A search for "Glock 26" results in every thread with the word Glock or the number 26 mentioned in it. A site specific Google search works much better.

What he said. The first "google hack" that EVERYBODY should know.
Prefix your google search with "site:northeastshooters.com" (without the quotes) to limit the google hits to this site alone.
Extending the example... site:northeastshooters.com "glock 26" (double quote "glock 26" and get an exact string match.)

Direct link: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=site:northeastshooters.com+"glock+26"
Code:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=site:northeastshooters.com+%22glock+26%22

Back
Top Bottom