New season of meateater released on netflix

I saw that. I finally started perusing his YT content as well. Das Boat can be funny at times. And second season: Dos Boat. ROFL!!!

I saw that. I finally started perusing his YT content as well. Das Boat can be funny at times. And second season: Dos Boat. ROFL!!!
I had tickets to see him and his crew do a live chat/q and a back last March. Cancelled due to covid. I keep getting updates on when they will have it. It will be at the Wang. Should be a good time when they finally do it..

I like his style. He's a hunting show host but it's different than all the other ones that just sell merchandise and hunt high fence big game. He's a regular dude that made it big by being himself......and talking about regular Joe's and how they hunt. My favorite quote of his....."when the going gets tough....the weak....do a deer drive" then he proceeds to set up a deer drive. Yup. That's a regular dude hunting. 😂

Wow! Never heard of this show till now, looked it up and I will be watching for sure!
Steve is a proponent of expanding access to hunting on public land. Hes got an Awesome personality. The show is great and the podcasts are informational...
And funny as hell.

Ive watched a few of these. Pretty good show.

Lots of good public land hunting regular guys on Youtube. Catman Outdoors is a favorite.

Catman reminds of me when I was a bunch younger. Hunting every chance he can get multilple states, etc.....mostly all public land, mostly bowhunting by himself and scouting more than hunting. LOL. Kid works hard at it and is successful.

Be careful it’s addicting and there is only so many episodes lol
It will take awhile, I'll have it on in the man cave during workouts.
MrsA is a no kill Buddhist type, although she is more than willing to eat the Maine grouse that i shoot, and told me the other day she would like me to expand to some local pheasants.
Not a problem Babe!

It will take awhile, I'll have it on in the man cave during workouts.
MrsA is a no kill Buddhist type, although she is more than willing to eat the Maine grouse that i shoot, and told me the other day she would like me to expand to some local pheasants.
Not a problem Babe!
Grouse is good eating

So is snowshoe hare. I'm heading to Maine Monday for a couple days for hare hunting with my brother.

The Meat Eater podcast is fantastic. Entertaining and informative with a lot of really good interviews. The YouTube episodes are very good too - reminiscent of some of Anthony Bourdain's early shows but with hunting rather than food being the backdrop (although cooking is often included.)
Cal's Week In Review (part of the Meat Eater series) is also very good.

The Meat Eater podcast is fantastic. Entertaining and informative with a lot of really good interviews. The YouTube episodes are very good too - reminiscent of some of Anthony Bourdain's early shows but with hunting rather than food being the backdrop (although cooking is often included.)
Cal's Week In Review (part of the Meat Eater series) is also very good.
I always look forward to Cal's Snort Report.
Guy does a really good job with that little show...

I had tickets to see him and his crew do a live chat/q and a back last March. Cancelled due to covid. I keep getting updates on when they will have it. It will be at the Wang. Should be a good time when they finally do it..

I like his style. He's a hunting show host but it's different than all the other ones that just sell merchandise and hunt high fence big game. He's a regular dude that made it big by being himself......and talking about regular Joe's and how they hunt. My favorite quote of his....."when the going gets tough....the weak....do a deer drive" then he proceeds to set up a deer drive. Yup. That's a regular dude hunting. 😂

The more I listen to his podcast, the more my opinion is formed.

I watched the early seasons of M/E on TV. Back in the days when it popped from network to network. He USED TO (may still) write 3-4 articles a year for F&S and OL. "Wow. This guy is brilliant."

The more I listen, the more I realize he's a hunting/fishing savant, at best. I'd have guessed with his speaking and writing skills that he was a highly educated person. Nope. State school English major.

But his pronunciations of some words. . . especially when he corrects people that actually KNOW how to pronounce a word right - is comical. His lack of understanding, and desire to weigh in anyhow, on any topic on the planet is shocking.

In the end, he's a very well-spoken (provided he avoids most $3 words) hunting and fishing goon. LOL. Still funny to listen to. And he's had some great guests on there. I look for podcast episodes for guests more than anything. Him and the crew talking severed fingers isn't as interesting as having Buddy Levy or someone on.

I considered going to the event. Then remembered going to an Alton Brown similar event. While the event itself was entertaining, the "I'm a bigger fan than you" conversations that permeated the place beforehand were just so shockingly junior-high that it totally turned me off. (But he did make ice cream with a fire extinguisher. So there was that!)

When it comes back, I bet it'll be a good time.

He can definitely be a goof but I think some of it is schtick....And he cant help talking over people, answering his own questions, but he is the boss.

I enjoy the narration of his ME shows, that's where you can see his writing and story telling skills as he narrates on top of a scene or experience.
I admit to being a fanboy - have all his books, currently working my way through the new wilderness survival one. If you are new to hunting, butchering or game cooking, his books are great.
Bought tix for the Boston show last year, hopefully they will reschedule.............

I'm surprised when I hear people hating on Steve. Guy grew up trapping, bow hunting and fishing with his dad and brothers in MI, started as freelance writer, got some attention, traveled, wrote some books, shot some videos and ended up with a media monster promoting hunting, fishing and trapping - along with raising your kids with nature and eating healthy clean food. And he's made a nice living along the way......Convinced his NYC wife to move to MT to raise their three kids there....

The Meateater crew puts out some great content. I listen to the wire to hunt, hunting collective, Cal's week in review as well. Steve rinella has an old show on the Vise I believe. I can't remember what network but I have watched quite a few episodes on YouTube.

It's honestly because of this show that I'm looking to start hunting. My brother has hunted for years and I've always enjoyed the end product, so I figure it's time for me to try my hand at it as well.

I definitely fanboy a bit with the Meateater stuff, have most of the books, listen to the podcast all the time, and have tickets to the live show whenever that ends up being.

I think Steve and the guys are doing a lot of good for the hunting community, they seem to be an approachable entry into this world.

He can definitely be a goof but I think some of it is schtick....And he cant help talking over people, answering his own questions, but he is the boss.

I enjoy the narration of his ME shows, that's where you can see his writing and story telling skills as he narrates on top of a scene or experience.
I admit to being a fanboy - have all his books, currently working my way through the new wilderness survival one. If you are new to hunting, butchering or game cooking, his books are great.
Bought tix for the Boston show last year, hopefully they will reschedule.............

I'm surprised when I hear people hating on Steve. Guy grew up trapping, bow hunting and fishing with his dad and brothers in MI, started as freelance writer, got some attention, traveled, wrote some books, shot some videos and ended up with a media monster promoting hunting, fishing and trapping - along with raising your kids with nature and eating healthy clean food. And he's made a nice living along the way......Convinced his NYC wife to move to MT to raise their three kids there....
People hate on him for selling out, he was bought out by an anti gun democrat. I don’t care how good his content is F meat eater and BHA.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mztxHgYQo

People hate on him for selling out, he was bought out by an anti gun democrat. I don’t care how good his content is F meat eater and BHA.

It’s been three years. No change in content. Only gotten better. You do a political deep dive every where you spend your time and money...?

It’s been three years. No change in content. Only gotten better. You do a political deep dive every where you spend your time and money...?
Truth. Steve has 100% control of the content.

If one digs into every item they buy or take part in you'll find a democrat in just about every corner of life.

Last edited:

He’s never been that bright politically. Which, for him, I guess works. The whole Rinella-Patellis (sp) campaign showed that. Pro-outdoors and didn’t care at all about anything else. Lol

But his talk on free trade and other items. He’s just dumb and doesn’t know it. Which is what usually happens and why he can frustrate me. He will just make some bold statement and then get dismantled by a guest. And then he’s all “well, yeah, that.”

Back
Top Bottom