New scope for my TC Impact

So I was finally able to mount my scope on my TC Impact this afternoon.

I am hoping to get to the range next week to zero it in. I also hope to get a chance to drop a deer with it this year.

It is a Leupold VX-2, 3-9x40mm mounted on a DNZ Game Reaper.

Nice! I got a TC impact for this season.......tested it out already at the range and it is great. I'm going with iron sights though.......

I went last year with the iron sights and missed my one shot. Not again, so the scope is on [grin]

Nice! I got a TC impact for this season.......tested it out already at the range and it is great. I'm going with iron sights though.......

That's what I did with mine. The first season I hunted with the fiber optic sights. I added a scope the following year.

I always set the iron sights before adding a scope. That way you won't have a ruined hunt due to a scope failure. You can just take it off and keep hunting.

Bob

100 yards on a rest with 5x magnification.

I will take that and cannot wait until the season starts.

I used that power belt round, shot a deer at 75 yds. went right though and was lucky to find it there was no blood trail at all. I now use the hollow point version of the power belt, good luck

I used that power belt round, shot a deer at 75 yds. went right though and was lucky to find it there was no blood trail at all. I now use the hollow point version of the power belt, good luck

Where did you hit it that a 300 grain bullet left no blood at all? Not that it could not happen but it does seem strange.

And hopefully I do not run into that this year. I am hoping to drop it where it stands.

I shot a 245gr. round hit it right behind the shoulder A guy told me after same thing happened to him he shot a maxiball. I usually shoot bow even in the gun season, there's nothing better than a bow and rage Broadhead's
Good luck this year

I shot a 245gr. round hit it right behind the shoulder A guy told me after same thing happened to him he shot a maxiball. I usually shoot bow even in the gun season, there's nothing better than a bow and rage Broadhead's
Good luck this year

So it was just a different type of Powerbelt than? I have heard some stories of folks hitting dear (both gun and bow) and thought the deer would be down no questions asked, only to never find the thing. They are some very tuff animals I must say.

I also enjoy the bow better but being in a chair I thought a MZ would give me more distance and maybe not have to worry so much about the wind. We shall see.

I am running the Muzzy 3 with my bow, I just do not think I have the draw weight (maybe 50) for a mech. I also just picked up some Slick Tricks 1 1/8 100 grain for 20 bucks shipped from a gentleman on another forum. I thought it was to good a deal to pass up.

Good luck to you also and post some pics if you get one or two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom