• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New S&W Sigma 2.0

I'm a bit surprised they sell enough of these to keep the line going. Anyway, there's probably a good chance these will become MA compliant.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/05/10/sw-new-sd9-and-sd40/

sd9_pistol-tfb.jpg

The sigma line is what the military chose to outfit the afghan police forces with.

That is what keeps the line going.

The sigma line is what the military chose to outfit the afghan police forces with.

That is what keeps the line going.

So what kept the line going for the years leading up to that and what has inspired them to do this refresh of the design?

So what kept the line going for the years leading up to that and what has inspired them to do this refresh of the design?

Don't know, but I would suspect that there have been other places where they have been used by the military for that pupose.

Don't know, but I would suspect that there have been other places where they have been used by the military for that pupose.

I looked up the Afghani police on Wikipedia and it says there's 80k in the force so that's certainly a sizable sale for S&W.

It's not a refresh, it's a midline gun between the entry-level Stigma and the high-end M&P. Should compete directly with used Glockrenades.

The Sigma is supposedly S&W's best selling semi-auto since it was introduced (not sure if that's actually true but is the rumor). Most people who buy a defensive handgun just want it to go bang each time the trigger is pulled, and the Sigma certainly does that - it's a reliable enough design (assuming they can pull the trigger)

Back
Top Bottom