New ruger precision rifle

1125.00 cash 1150.00 credit
giphy.gif

D&L in RI can order one for you for a small deposit. They were getting in about 5-6 a week. I paid 1150 for my 6.5. Now to find decent glass...

I am pretty sure he's looking at dealer pricing

anyway, who wants to buy me one? I'll let you shoot it :)

where you seeing them for 850!? I only ask because at that price i would have no choice but to buy one

MFS had them for less than $850. I was going to travel down and get one. The email was less than 4 hours old, so I called, they had sold all 7 or 8 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hoon View Post
Ruger went up about $200 on the wholesale price and the dealers are still selling them as fast as ruger can make them.

That's not what I see. In quantities of 1 its still about $850.

Don

where you seeing them for 850!? I only ask because at that price i would have no choice but to buy one

I was talking about Wholesale prices. They have not gone up since the gun came out. Any dealer who says wholesale prices have gone up is lying.

Don

Thx i'll give them a call

edit: nope, out of stock, and it was 1399. kind of way more than i wanted to spend.

Thats about right for Outback Arms. They always $ their guns and rifles Suggested retail value.

Very cool shop but I cringe sometimes looking at their prices. That's why we all have the freedom to shop at other shops.

Last edited:
Thats about right for Outback Arms. They always $ their guns and rifles Suggested retail value.

Very cool shop but I cringe sometimes looking at their prices. That's why we all have the freedom to shop at other shops.

that's when its time to break out the cash and negotiate! start as low as he is high maybe find the middle ground?

D&L in RI can order one for you for a small deposit. They were getting in about 5-6 a week. I paid 1150 for my 6.5. Now to find decent glass...

I ordered my scope/mount combo from Larue almost a month ago.....still patiently waiting (scope is backordered). I'm about ready to rip a scope off another rifle just so I can shoot the damn thing!

I ordered my scope/mount combo from Larue almost a month ago.....still patiently waiting (scope is backordered). I'm about ready to rip a scope off another rifle just so I can shoot the damn thing!

What did you get?

I popped a 3-9 off an AR to get started but its crying for something better.

While it's a cool rifle, what makes it worth this much? Is it really worth more than one of the better Savages or R700s that are less than a grand? Spend the money you save on a better scope. That will make more of a difference.

While it's a cool rifle, what makes it worth this much? Is it really worth more than one of the better Savages or R700s that are less than a grand? Spend the money you save on a better scope. That will make more of a difference.
My understanding is that it's as accurate or more so than an off the rack 700 or Savage in the same price range, and you get some modularity, adjustable stock, rail for tweaking optics location, and best of all it's evil and black

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yes, its better than a shit bag R700... Savages are good guns, so it's on par with out of the box accuracy.

Personally, a Tikka T3 Tactical while out shoot it out of the box. Sure, the Ruger has some super awesome folding stock[rolleyes], but when it comes down to actually putting holes in a target the tikka or sako products for exceed the finish quality and accuracy of the precision rifle.

For $1k, it's a cool gun... For me, there's nothing interesting about it for $1400

My poo bag R700 LTR with match ammo is shooting .33-.5 inch groups out of the box when I do my part. I'd be more suspect of the $500 dollar ones with the cheapo stocks, but they make some nice higher-end ones. I have buddies shooting 10-series Savages with similar results. Couldn't actually find a Tikka in left hand when I was ready to buy.

I look at it like it was the least of all evils ,If I re barreled one of my neisika bay ,40x or rem 600s I would be in over 12 between reamer barrel and cryo and still not have rifle good enough for precision rifle with rugers mag availability and stock configuration im not thrilled about the trigger but im sure with all the intrest in this rifle someone will make a drop in. There is quite a few drop in barrels for it already. I plan on taking it to Texas this spring and shoot with a few friends that are into precision rifle. Its not Accuracy International but its a great entry level rifle at a fifth of the price.

My poo bag R700 LTR with match ammo is shooting .33-.5 inch groups out of the box when I do my part. I'd be more suspect of the $500 dollar ones with the cheapo stocks, but they make some nice higher-end ones. I have buddies shooting 10-series Savages with similar results. Couldn't actually find a Tikka in left hand when I was ready to buy.

Your lucky. With the complete crap I have seen out of Remington and the way they jerked around customers for 6 months or more for stuff that should have never happened.... I have zero respect for them (seriously, not attaching your rifle) I just don't know how a company can do that to people

Your lucky. With the complete crap I have seen out of Remington and the way they jerked around customers for 6 months or more for stuff that should have never happened.... I have zero respect for them (seriously, not attaching your rifle) I just don't know how a company can do that to people

I hear ya. I thought I would never buy another Remington with some of the crap they build, but the LTR seems to be one of the gems hidden within the pile of turds they build. As a lefty, I was limited to that, or a Savage FLCP-K; couldn't actually find a Tikka even though they make lefty heavy barrel ones and wasn't putting up multiple thousands for a custom. Put a Vortex 5-20 HD scope on their and it is a beast. I forgot I put a Timney trigger in it too, so that is the only mod I made to the actual rifle. I was lucky to get the Vortex on closeout as they just came out with the Gen II at the time.

Savage now has a replacement for the FCP-K line that is priced very nice. I'll also mention that the difference in ammo is amazing. I bought some off-brand match ammo, and it would do OK, then have an occasional flyer. Thought the rifle was a pile of garbage. Switched to federal sierra match ammo 168gr and the groups tightened up more than a you know what in a prison shower room.

Finally have a range with 300-650 yards, and heavy duty targets are on the way. Can't wait to stretch it out a bit.

My Savage FCP is a .6-.7 MOA rifle at 100 yards. I'm happy with it.

The thing is though, it still uses a tubular receiver into which the bolt locks. That receiver is held in place with one screw.

Ruger does it differently. And they do it the same way companies like High Desert Dog, McMillan and Accuracy International do it. The bolt locks into a barrel extension. The receiver is solidly screwed (or glued in the case of the AI Arctic Warfare) in place.

While this is good for Ruger. What it really means is that with some bolt blue printing and a top quality barrel like a Bartlein, the Ruger should be able to shoot as well as a $10,000 rifle. Time will tell.

Don

What magnification? I like my 2-10 on my DMR build

I have a 2-10x42 on one of my Grendel builds, for the Ruger I went with 4-20x50/SCR/MOA reticle. I went with Burris again because the 2-10 has performed well for me, I'm no expert on scope construction but it appears to be solid and well built for it's price point and the reading and reviews I have done bare that out. I went with the higher magnification this time because as I am getting older the eye just isn't as good as it used to be, which is funny because my eye doctor says I have 15/20 vision in that eye....I don't know what chart he is using...lol.

One reason I went thru LaRue is I'm hoping to get another bottle of Dillo Dust, that stuff is awesome on a steak!!![laugh]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom