New ruger precision rifle

I dig the AR15 float tube, interesting idea, some kind of AR/bolt gun hybrid. As long as it takes PMAGs I would be interested in taking a look at one.

I wish I had the money.

And I wish I knew a Ruger employee.

Alas, I'll just have to settle for a Sig since I can get a discount every now and then.

Would be interested in the .308 model.

weight is listed at over 10 lbs...i am assuming thats naked w/o optic. Certainly not the lightest gun around. That kinda weight would suck for hunting, at least for girly man like me.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had the money.

And I wish I knew a Ruger employee.

Alas, I'll just have to settle for a Sig since I can get a discount every now and then.

Ruger is Sig's ugly sister....so cant say getting a Sig is really "settling"

Would be interested in the .308 model.

weight is listed at over 10 lbs...i am assuming thats naked w/o optic. Certainly not the lightest gun around. That kinda weight would suck for hunting, at least for girly man like me.

- - - Updated - - -

Ruger is Sig's ugly sister....so cant say getting a Sig is really "settling"

Two problems: Sig only sells semiauto rifles now (according to their website) and their now discontinued bolt action precision rifle was $2K AFTER the 50% discount.

The great thing is that it uses an AR barrel nut. I see some pre fit barrels in the future for this guy. Shoot out your barrel no need to send to a gunsmith. Bought in .308 and want to shoot one of the 6mm calibers all the cool kids shoot then you can change it yourself. I'm kind of sad I just dropped a bunch of money to have another rifle built, kind of want one of these now.

The only downfall to this gun is currently you have to use Rugers trigger. Something to do with the safety.

I will wait until they get the bugs out of them before I buy, see if the Ruger barrels shoot straight. Doubt if they could get me to give up my Steyer.

thanks Tactical Panda, Just ordered one in 6.5! if its half as good as the reviews, it will be worth the price!

There are several things I like about it but a few I don't.
Although I like the adjustable stock the system looks a little flimsy on the pics?
The gun is heavy. Maybe offer a smaller dia free float with out rail and just a small rail for bipod.
Be nice if the offered barrel up grades direct from the factory.
Drop in trigger capability would have been good also. AR15/308 trigger assemblies.

Over all if it can deliver MOA with good ammo then 1k bucks isn't to bad for that.
I see a few places to cut the weight. Maybe ruger will offer just receivers/bolt groups so shooters can build out to their needs.

If you look at the photos you can see the bubble level is on the right. The rifle must be set up for a lefty.

That's pretty slick.
The timing is perfect. I was just about to start on a Remington 700 project and the stock I was planning on using by itself is more than the price of the Ruger.
1/2 MOA accuracy for about a grand is pretty impressive. I am going to have to rethink the whole 700 build

In terms of weight it is on the lighter side for the market it's directed at. The rig I'm about to send to be built is going to run 12lbs without optics. I know guys who are lugging around 20lbs rifles at PRS matches. Barrel looks to be similar to savage which means prefits should be offered in the future and will be easy to swap out. The trigger is going to be the one thing that I think is the downfall to this gun but that could change as well. 2.25lbs isn't bad. Can't wait to find out more about this gun.

I like what ruger is doing lately. This rifle is a good concept. Need more caliber options though........30-06 would be nice.

There are several things I like about it but a few I don't.
Although I like the adjustable stock the system looks a little flimsy on the pics?
The gun is heavy. Maybe offer a smaller dia free float with out rail and just a small rail for bipod.
Be nice if the offered barrel up grades direct from the factory.
Drop in trigger capability would have been good also. AR15/308 trigger assemblies.

Over all if it can deliver MOA with good ammo then 1k bucks isn't to bad for that.
I see a few places to cut the weight. Maybe ruger will offer just receivers/bolt groups so shooters can build out to their needs.

Why the heck would you want it lighter? It's not a hunting rifle! 10-12lbs is right where this type of rifle should be

That's pretty slick.
The timing is perfect. I was just about to start on a Remington 700 project and the stock I was planning on using by itself is more than the price of the Ruger.
1/2 MOA accuracy for about a grand is pretty impressive. I am going to have to rethink the whole 700 build

Have you considered Tikka as well?

Back
Top Bottom