• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Ruger MK IV Pistol

Anyone notice you can't find any data on the 2 models that are on the EOPS list??? 40159 and 40160. I'm assuming both are SS and that crazy price. :(

I think I installed the quick take-down on my Mk3. Maybe that's gonna be enough for me. It would help if I. . . . WENT OUT AND SHOT IT! LOL

Picked up one of the hunter models this week.

Nice looking gun and easy takedown.

Trigger sucks. 5lb 5oz

Called ruger and they say that it is in spec.

once they release a 22/45 version of the MK4 i will be interested. i don't much care for the grip angle of the standard MK 2/3/4 models.

Anyone notice you can't find any data on the 2 models that are on the EOPS list??? 40159 and 40160. I'm assuming both are SS and that crazy price. :(

I think I installed the quick take-down on my Mk3. Maybe that's gonna be enough for me. It would help if I. . . . WENT OUT AND SHOT IT! LOL

IIRC the target model has an aluminum frame. Check you tube there's one guy that does only 22s and that where I got that info.

Four Seasons said the MA version is not available. Is that true?

Ruger doesn't make MA specific models. for the MKIV it's the same as the free state models. if FS says they're not available that probably means they cannot yet get them. demand around the country is high for these pistols especially given election time. out of state and online vendors definitely have them. i recently saw one at Collectible in Merrimack for good price.

I was in Granite State Range today picking up my raffle prize and noticed they have the whole MK IV lineup in the case.
The regular blued 5.5" Bull Barrel model was $429, the same in stainless was $529, and the stainless Hunter model with the fluted barrel, (the one shown in the OP) was priced at $629. That's the one I want, but not high on my priority list right now.

Four Seasons said two weeks ago they're not expecting to have the Mark IV "in the near future." At the Wilmington show, another Mass. dealer said that the supply pipeline is still pretty dry, with production not yet ramped-up.

Hickok 45 got his hands on the Hunter model, I just watched the review, now I want one even more!

Last edited by a moderator:
They look nice. Seems like they've improved the fit and finish as well as the vastly easier take down.

Didn't buy a Mark III yesterday because of this new release. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen plenty of Mark III's at my LGS's. No deals on them yet to move them out of inventory...yet being the key word.

First and so far only Mark IV I've seen locally to me was at Stateline in Plaistow. The price tag was flipped over so I didn't see the price. Was the Wednesday after the election and the place was very busy so I didn't bother to ask the price.

But regardless of how much the gun shops mark down the Mark III, I would pay the price and just get the new Mark IV just for the far simpler take down and reassembly it has. It is on my bucket list.

Anyone see one of these yet, other than at the SHOT Show ???
They were just released a few weeks ago and seem to be the most significant upgrade to the nearly seven decade old MK series, featuring a push button takedown and tilt-up receiver like an AR.

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIVHunter/models.html

Ruger_MKIV01.jpg

beautiful.

let me know when i can buy an integrally suppressed version in massachusetts just by walking into a gun shop without a permit or 9 month wait for the tax stamp...

Those grips are laminate too. I've been enjoying my Hunter model that I recently got from FS. It only had one failure to fire, feeding and ejecting have been fine. The only things that I'm not crazy about are the sights on it so I changed them to the Williams Fire Sight that I purchased from TandemKross. I also had a problem with the grips coming slightly loose after awhile of shooting so I've tightened them and no problems since.

A little annoying that all the MA SKU's are more expensive than the standard versions, but the target wood grips are much nicer than the checkered laminate on the other models.

I really want the target model for just all around fun shooting, letting the kids shoot it, and newbies. Love the looks of those wooden grips!!!

examined a mark IV yesterday. the thumb safety had no clicking into position. just mush up and down. until they get that fixed i will stay with my mark iii and buckmark.

Back
Top Bottom