• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Ruger American Rifle in .22lr & .22WMRF

The replacement stock modules are available from Ruger for $19.95/each.

I see a compact version for the kids and getting the full size module for me/wife.

Aloha

Sorry, but I love the idea how it uses 10/22 mags. Pretty awesome.

This might be on my list of cheap, cool rifles to buy.

It does?!

1238953_384653088328006_1745681810_n.jpg

Any accuracy reports yet?

Just saw the link after I posted that. Looks ok to me but I'd like to see what it'll do at 100 yards.

Last edited:
Any accuracy reports yet?

That link I posted above, states he was shooting steel out to 200 yards. That's pretty damn good.

I first got to handle one of these American Rimfire rifles in November of 2012, but did not get to shoot one until a couple of weeks ago while at the Hunter Prep course at Gunsite in Arizona. There, I did not get to put it on paper, but did get to fire successfully at steel targets out to two hundred yards, and the rifle performed wonderfully.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...22-lr-22-magnum-1022-style-bolt-action-rifle/

I should really turn on my PC one of these days instead of using the phone for everything. :D

I'm betting these rifles will start turning up at gun shows around here this fall/winter.

No worries.

It looks like a nice, solid gun. I just think it's so cool, that they made it to accept 10/22 mags. [laugh]

No worries.

It looks like a nice, solid gun. I just think it's so cool, that they made it to accept 10/22 mags. [laugh]

10/22 mags...i've heard of those...kinda like a white whale to me atm. Well, at least the mass compliant rotary ones.

edit: Just found a 2 pack in stock at Cabelas for $31.99

Last edited:
I called State Line in Mason NH today to see if they had one. Their response was: "No one in New England has any of those yet. They just came out." [thinking]

Riley's has them for $290
Bob's Gun & Archery has them for $259
Guns & Gear has them for $260

And the list goes on & on. [laugh]

I think the ratio of bad advice to good advice in the average gun shop runs about 10-1. That's massively better than the advice at the local big box store, but it still sucks.

Think about it- unless you owned the place if you're manning the counter in a gun shop you probably aren't exactly a Mensa candidate. If you were you'd be working someplace that paid more than $12 an hour.

Back
Top Bottom