• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Rifle Cases from Magpul: The look cool and have a new "grid" organizing system - Magpul Grid

Magpul - the Yeti of firearm accessory companies. More choices are fine but lightweight padded soft cases are so much easier than back breaking heavy hard cases. I have a ton of hard cases and never use them anymore. Unless traveling on a plane, there just isn't any point. Took me while to realize lugging heavy cases was just a waste of energy for the normal range trip. And adding ammo to an already heavy hard case?
I agree. Big rifle cases are a PITA unless traveling. I have a 22-25lbs Pelican case. The thing is huge, won't fit inside a regular Uber. Only good for traveling.

But, when traveling, I can fit 2 scoped rifles, over 100 rounds (depending how I organize it and caliber), tripod and knives. They could probably air drop the case from the airplane to the airport without a parachute and the rifles would be fine.

But walking around with that thing blows.

I will probably give this Magpul thing a shot next year when I travel to Wyoming. But the price s*cks and the amount of inserts they offer is not enough.

That will be in 10 months and I will need a new foam insert, so paying an additional $60-70 for this might be worth it. I will see how this is progressing by June/July 2024.

Waiting for a NES member to 3D print inserts ...

Last edited:
I watched El Mariachi after the other two but didn’t like it much. It’s just not as stylish as Desperado and the woman is no Salma Hayek.
Yeah, the style ain't there. But it's an objectively good movie. It had to be: it grossed about $2m for a total outlay of less than $300k. What it does well, it does VERY well. And it gave Rodriguez the clout to make Desperado, which is an all-timer.

I will probably give this Magpul thing a shot next year when I travel to Wyoming. But the price s*cks and the amount of inserts they offer is not enough.

That will be in 10 months and I will need a new foam insert, so paying an additional $60-70 for this might be worth it. I will see how this is progressing by June/July 2024.

Waiting for a NES member to 3D print inserts ...
Are there files out there for it?

Are there files out there for it?
Probably not, but it should be easy to measure.

The Magpul doesn't ship with nearly enough blocks, and additional blocks cost $20.

I could see people printing them for stuff that doesn't matter if it sits against hard plastic, like ammo, bipods ...

Yea i couldn't find any files. Would be easy money selling them at even half the price. Just need someone to draw up some models

Lol meanwhile theres me, bootf***ing everything in there with no foam whatsoever, maybe a t-shirt over the glass.
We just put them in the back seat. Thought of getting a case but it's never been an issue. To think what I put my poor rifle through when hunting..uggh. If I flew with it then it would be a different story.

Keep in mind he made the movie for $7,200.

He did, but that's misleading. The version we see had a few hundred thousand dollars' worth of postproduction thrown in once it got a distribution deal.

Still an incredibly profitable movie.

I always thought the pull and pluck foam is just in search of some spray that will set the foam and not allow it to break apart to some extent. I did try flex-seal in some cases I put together at work but it did not work.

Top angled view of Magpul DAKA Hard Case C35 with top open 45 degrees with DAKA Grid Organizer inside
DAKA® Hard Case, C35
Our Most Compact Version Of The Perfect Hard Case

I don't need this but I want it bad.

Should I buy this case???

I think that the general consensus of the NES elite is that this case is a bit much for everyday range travel. It is well-built but heavy as all heck. It's probably much more useful for working guns such as sniper rifles which you want/need to protect or high-end hunting rifles, especially for situations like airline travel.

But...

Because it's for YOU, our resident reptile,

YES! YOU NEED TO BUY IT!

If not for you, then for your adoring fans who expect you to be on the cutting edge of all things shooting related and sexually adventurous episodes.

Imagine your girlfriend, the well-known ex-lingerie model's reaction when she sees you with this. She'll jump your body and give you orgasmic kisses ALL OVER until you are reduced to lying on the floor, flopping around like a hooked 200 pound flounder on the deck of an Alaskan fishing trawler.

To make it easier on you, I will volunteer my original Pelican-cased early production DAKA foam lining and blocks. An early version which is certain to be highly valued in the future.

But, rather than soil any such transaction with the presence of any filthy lucre, I'd be willing to trade for something of meager to moderate value so that "the Presbyterians around here won't be likely to pray for our ruination."

I'd be willing to take the loss and accept in trade one of the dusty Noveske lowers you've got hanging around taking up space.

Call me crazy but I'd do it for an NES living legend.

[smile]

I think that the general consensus of the NES elite is that this case is a bit much for everyday range travel. It is well-built but heavy as all heck. It's probably much more useful for working guns such as sniper rifles which you want/need to protect or high-end hunting rifles, especially for situations like airline travel.

But...

Because it's for YOU, our resident reptile,

YES! YOU NEED TO BUY IT!

If not for you, then for your adoring fans who expect you to be on the cutting edge of all things shooting related and sexually adventurous episodes.

Imagine your girlfriend, the well-known ex-lingerie model's reaction when she sees you with this. She'll jump your body and give you orgasmic kisses ALL OVER until you are reduced to lying on the floor, flopping around like a hooked 200 pound flounder on the deck of an Alaskan fishing trawler.

To make it easier on you, I will volunteer my original Pelican-cased early production DAKA foam lining and blocks. An early version which is certain to be highly valued in the future.

But, rather than soil any such transaction with the presence of any filthy lucre, I'd be willing to trade for something of meager to moderate value so that "the Presbyterians around here won't be likely to pray for our ruination."

I'd be willing to take the loss and accept in trade one of the dusty Noveske lowers you've got hanging around taking up space.

Call me crazy but I'd do it for an NES living legend.

[smile]

Gold.

Not sure if it has been said but they also offer Daka grid kits to replace the foam in Pelican and Plano cases. It was just what I was looking for to upgrade a Plano case I cut to a specific load out but now want to make more versatile.

Not sure if it has been said but they also offer Daka grid kits to replace the foam in Pelican and Plano cases. It was just what I was looking for to upgrade a Plano case I cut to a specific load out but now want to make more versatile.
I like the 35” size of small DAKA.

Back
Top Bottom