New Range?

I am looking to practice some real life accuracy drills. Does anyone know of a range / practice facility that has small beds or cots between the stalls, where you can lay down next to a mock dresser, with a gun in the draw. Then when a bell or something rings I can practice jumping up, grabbing the gun and shooting in the dark at a target 10-15 ft away?

are you serious?

When I saw the dog on your avatar and you mentioned "bell" my first thought was "whenever bell rings, this guy will draw and fire two rounds in the dark" ... ala Pavlov. [rofl]

I think that there are easier ways to practice these drills, like with a pellet gun in your basement. Back on topic, I don't know of any ranges that allow shooting after the sunset, unless there is an indoor course.

I am looking to practice some real life accuracy drills. Does anyone know of a range / practice facility that has small beds or cots between the stalls, where you can lay down next to a mock dresser, with a gun in the draw. Then when a bell or soething rings I can practice jumping up, grabbing the gun and shooting in the dark at a target 10-15 ft away?

Talk to these guys, I bet they know what to do. [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Range, no - you'll have to join an IDPA team or rent an apartment in Roxbury.

[rofl] [rofl]

PS: to OP - you have to get creative... [wink] as suggested, MAYBE some action shooting or taking up some of them HSLD courses.... you can only replicate the stress involved my adding a different stress, then trying to perform under the stress.

don't sleep for 3 days, don't eat for 3 days... do a 4.5 mile run up hills wearing some bulky clothes on a hot day... then run a few drills vs. steel plates

(assuming your club lets you)...

...replicate the stress...adding a different stress, then..perform under the stress.

1245585077950.jpg

Back
Top Bottom