New Project - 10/22 Stock

my camera sucks! i'll post better pictures after I vacum my rug and get my SD Card organized... [laugh]

next things to get are:

1. bi-pod - will probably go with a harris for cross-level use

2. magazines - will probably pick up a couple butler creek magazines as well. the factory magzine still sticks a little bit - but not as bad as the previous stock

3. sling - probably get a sling

FARTHER AWAY: will look into camo painting after some test spraying and lots of reading!

FARTHER FARTHER AWAY: will do a second build, "bling bling" theme.. wood stock, shiney / fluted barrel... budget will be a little higher...

SUMMARY:

1. Ruger 10/22 $199
2. Hogue Stock $60
3. Butler Creek Barrel $119

tips: get a combo stock and barrel - it's cheaper!

odds and ends: another $150 or so... -minus the scope

the scope is another thing... this scope came with my Mossberg 702, but it works fine up to 75 yards.. so it's on the back burner until after I finish my AR Build.

Last edited by a moderator:
more pics...

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0368.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

thanks ya'll

the ten rounds on my coffee table were cycle'd and not nan one of them FTE / FTF'd... so I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow.

what sucks is I only have 200 rounds of .22LR; so I hope they call go w/o a hitch.

I guess I'll throw another dent in the budget and spend $20 on another brick of .22LR [laugh]

I'm just glad that I got this thing done - for the most part

I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow.

what sucks is I only have 200 rounds of .22LR; so I hope they call go w/o a hitch.

I guess I'll throw another dent in the budget and spend $20 on another brick of .22LR [laugh]
If you're planning on shooting that thing at the Winchendon Appleseed Shoot, you'd better get another brick. 200 may last you through Saturday, but I doubt it. Plan on bringing at least 750 rounds for the whole weekend. Hey, .22 is cheap.

Mueller APV.
The best deal going for a 10/22 scope!

http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MAPV451440.html

$129

Yeah these scopes are pretty good for non-target shooting. I have one on my Anchutz 1413 and while the gun outshoots the scope in ability, its perfect for fun precision plinking. I wouldnt want to shoot competition with it, but its good for the money.

Although I have a few projects in the works, I've been wanting to build a custom 10/22 and make it a tack driver.....

Here are some sick 10/22s:
IMG_3774.jpg

ab11.jpg

ab13.jpg

gm1.jpg

Is there a way to get Tech sights on a target barrel like that?

Have you checked www.tech-sights.com yet? I think that they have a mount for the front sight for target barrels on the site.

A quick look yields part number TS157 for $15. can't post the URL since I have to use a proxy server to sneak out through the Iron Firewall.

Yeah these scopes are pretty good for non-target shooting. I have one on my Anchutz 1413 and while the gun outshoots the scope in ability, its perfect for fun precision plinking. I wouldnt want to shoot competition with it, but its good for the money.

Although I have a few projects in the works, I've been wanting to build a custom 10/22 and make it a tack driver.....

Here are some sick 10/22s:

drooling.gif

it seems the average price for a Harris Bi-pod, 6" to 9" is around $70ish dollars.

i'm almost ready to click the $$$ away - does anyone have any recommendation for a similar bi-pod to mount on studs?
Jay, I got a better idea - use that $70 to come to the next Appleseed Shoot. We'll teach you to put your shots into a 1" square at 25 meters - 4 MOA - with only a sling. No need for a bipod. Next one here in MA isn't until April 18th-19th, but there are others this year farther south.

Myakka Ctiy, FL—November 1& 2
Kingsport, TN (Pathfinders Range) —November 1& 2
Davilla, TX—November 8 & 9
Toccoa, GA—November 8 & 9
Birmingham, AL—November 8 & 9
Evansville, IN—November 8 & 9
Mechanicsville, VA—November 22 & 23
Davilla, TX—Dec 6 & 7

Jay, I got a better idea - use that $70 to come to the next Appleseed Shoot. We'll teach you to put your shots into a 1" square at 25 meters - 4 MOA - with only a sling. No need for a bipod. Next one here in MA isn't until April 18th-19th, but there are others this year farther south.

Myakka Ctiy, FL—November 1& 2
Kingsport, TN (Pathfinders Range) —November 1& 2
Davilla, TX—November 8 & 9
Toccoa, GA—November 8 & 9
Birmingham, AL—November 8 & 9
Evansville, IN—November 8 & 9
Mechanicsville, VA—November 22 & 23
Davilla, TX—Dec 6 & 7

you know, I'll take you up on that... assuming I'll be around. i'll look at the site and sign up soon.

you know, I'll take you up on that... assuming I'll be around. i'll look at the site and sign up soon.

If you're waiting until 4/19, you'll have some choices locally.

Harvard, MA
Bennington, VT
Middlebury, VT
Throop, NY
Epping (Columbia), ME (possible different location in ME)
Grafton, NH
Hartford, CT?

Black Rifle build is done!

it is done.

my only question is:

how hard are the tech sights to put on a Ruger 10/22 with a bull barrel? I'd like to order a pair IF they are NOT hard to put on. Otherwise, I don't want to possibly damage this rifle.

experience wise, I've done ALL of the mods to this rifle... just to give a guage.

thanks for all the pointers to Milsuprs, Dwaven, Matt, Peterpressure, R6yamaJim, ChrisFromMA, Cross X, JonJ and Nickle... (if I misspelled your names, I'll edit later... [laugh])

PS: my wallet hurst as I'm watching a super sniper scope on Ebay already, even though my AR isn't even done yet!!!!!

DSCN0417.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Great!

Re: Tech-Sights:
TS157 .920 Barrel Dovetail Adaptor allows the use of TSR100 & TSR200 sighting systems to be used with .920 target barrel equipped 10/22s. The adaptor is a slip fit over the end of the barrel and is locked in place with thread lock compound. The adaptor is machined from 4140 alloy steel with manganese phosphate finish and has a 3/8" dovetail.
http://tech-sights.com/

Sounds semi-permanent...

You won't be able to properly mount Tech Sights AND a scope, due to the way the rear sight gets mounted (uses the back 2 scope mount screws).

So, do one or the other, and if it were me, I'd simply get a plain 10/22 for the Tech Sight gun, and keep the really tarted up one for the scope.

Looks good. Now you need to get as many different types of .22lr ammo that you can find and test each type for best accuracy. Once you find what works best in your rifle, you should be able to shoot a 10 shot group at 100 yards that you can cover with a quarter.[grin]

Looks good. Now you need to get as many different types of .22lr ammo that you can find and test each type for best accuracy. Once you find what works best in your rifle, you should be able to shoot a 10 shot group at 100 yards that you can cover with a quarter.[grin]

if only i could shoot at the outdoor ranges at my club...

all joking aside,

i'm looking to join HSC in Jan 09 to make that happen. meanwhile, i did sight it in at 25 yards using the Army 25 Meter Zero Target and they all hit within the 1" circle. that was using the jamomatic American Eagle [laugh]

i notice it's better w / the CCI Minimags, but I have 240 rounds of American Eagle and 500 rounds of Winchester Dynapoint (i think) to go through before I buy any more .22LR.

i notice it's better w / the CCI Minimags, but I have 240 rounds of American Eagle and 500 rounds of Winchester Dynapoint (i think) to go through before I buy any more .22LR.

Try to get a box or two of Wolf or Aguila. You'll be amazed at the difference quality ammo makes.

Back
Top Bottom