• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New - Patriot Firearms, Milford NH

Drove through the Oval today and it looks like there's going to be another new shop in Milford NH. Right by Clark's Tavern. Signs in the window said "Patriot Firearms and Ammunition" and "Opening Soon".

Anyone have the scoop on this place?

It's being opened by one of Milford Firearms ex employees and this caused some bad blood and ended a long friendship between the owner of Milford Firearms and the employee from what i heard

on the plus side, it'll be right next to the army navy store there with the guy who tells vietnam stories. and looks old enough to be a vietnam vet. but when pressed tells you they're stories about his dad's tour over there. and he's probably my age. jesus that guy hasn't aged well. i figured him for at least 65.

Thankfully it will be the other side of the oval

on the plus side, it'll be right next to the army navy store there with the guy who tells vietnam stories. and looks old enough to be a vietnam vet. but when pressed tells you they're stories about his dad's tour over there. and he's probably my age. jesus that guy hasn't aged well. i figured him for at least 65.

That dood is a hoot.

Stopped in at Milford Firearms looking for something he didn't have, before I walked out mentioned he is going to have some competition off the oval, his words "I don't think he will be any competition at all".

Patroit f irearms

Hello Want to say hi out there notice a little talk about the new store in milford nh patriot firearms. Yes i was an employee at milford firearms He tought me some of the trade and i wish him the best of luck. We are going to make a nice gunshop that is a nice to come in and talk with no pressure to buy we will be openimg very soon just a soft opening with clips and ammo and small stuff.We are waiting on ffl so we can not sell firearms yet all customers are welcome to stop in to get to know us and give us ideas on what you want we are here for you guys and gals.Hope to see you soon and look for the open sighn on in the next week or so.

Patroit firearms

We are going to make a nice gunshop that is a nice to come in and talk with no pressure to buy

Good to hear. Too many dealers just don't seem to understand that the average customer isn't going to buy a new Glock on every visit, and the guy who comes in every second weekend for a few boxes of ammo and some orange peel might actually be a more profitable relationship than a one-time pistol sale.

we will be opening very soon just a soft opening with clips and ammo and small stuff.We are waiting on ffl so we can not sell firearms yet all customers are welcome to stop in to get to know us and give us ideas on what you want we are here for you guys and gals.

Usually, if the price is within about 10% of the total (w/shipping) online price, I'll buy from a local store just for the instant gratification. Otherwise I only go to a brick & mortar store to buy things that I can't easily buy online (due to shipping cost /restrictions, FFL, or availability), need right away, or want to examine "in the flesh" before I commit.

So cleaning supplies (e.g. solvents), tools, Gun-Vaults and hardcases are all good items to stock. Also the little stuff that can be hard to find or just not worth paying an inflated price for shipping -- chamber flags, targets, takedown pins, etc..

Would also be great if to have a local store that carried some of the nicer production and semi-custom pocket knives, with a knife inventory a level more upscale than Milford Firearms.

As far as ammo goes, if you can match the prices from Riley's or MFL, I'd rather shop in Milford than Manch :)

If you manage to stock Milsurp ammo and firearms...and give me a good reason not to leave Milford for my firearms/shooting needs...I would be a hardcore customer.

I stopped in Milford Firearms this weekend after visiting the Lunenburg gun show and State Line in Mason. I had never been before, but I saw the sign and dropped in.

I asked the owner how long the store was open, expecting him to say "a few weeks." The display rack and display cases were pitifully empty - you know the one where a half-dozen guns are spread out to fill a space that should be for 40 guns. When he told me two years I just about choked. The only time I've seen a shop that empty of product was when everything was hauled to a gun show, or they were getting ready to go out of business.

I wish him well, but he sure has plenty of "capacity" in that shop. Don't know how long he'll be around if another shop sets up just down the street.

Drove by yesterday and it looks like Milford Firearms shuttered. Noone there, and For Rent sign in the second window. I don't know if they moved again, or went out of business.

Drove by yesterday and it looks like Milford Firearms shuttered. Noone there, and For Rent sign in the second window. I don't know if they moved again, or went out of business.

That's a shame. At least he didn't need any help moving his inventory. Barely a truckload.

>>For Rent sign in the second window<<

He had expanded into the second section, but recently "unexpanded"....probably due to lack of business. Don't know if he's folding the proverbial tent or not.

UPDATE....today 5/8. Went by there today, and he was in fact open for business.

Last edited:
i was in Milford firearms on sunday on my weekly stop in and he had alot of new stuff in stock it looks like he is filling his cases back up.

Opened today: Patriot Firearms & Ammunition LLC

As mentioned in the other thread, Patriot finally got their FFL and is now open for business. Limited inventory at the moment.

Their business cards say "Firearms & Ammunition", I hope they live up to the latter.

Owner seemed very open to ordering in bulk ammo upon request. Don't know how much better than just UPSing it in that will get, but it's worth talking to them about.

Stopped in this place. very little inventory, not sure if what is going on here.. it amazes me when I have more guns than some of these shops.

My son said pretty much the same thing a few days ago while we were at a shop "dad its crazy we have more guns then some of these places " lol.

Sorry to do this but i do not want my named tied up with the patriot firearms I am no longer there and neither are my clients.

Interesting turn of events,I no long shop or will shop at either places.

Total waste of time.

Have you checked out Lees Gun Shop 2 in Wilton. Very small store but decent gun and ammo selection. The store will be moving to 50 Route 101A in Amherst May 1st. The new location is between Currier's hardware store and Pete's Tire Barn on the Westbound side.

Have you checked out Lees Gun Shop 2 in Wilton. Very small store but decent gun and ammo selection. The store will be moving to 50 Route 101A in Amherst May 1st. The new location is between Currier's hardware store and Pete's Tire Barn on the Westbound side.
That the building that had a stove store previously?

ETA: Yes, yes it is. Awesome location.

Last edited:

Looking forward to checking it out!

Back
Top Bottom