• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New P365

I've been carrying a striker fired AIWB for 10+ years without issues. You just need to be careful with re-holstering, which should rarely need to be done with a live firearm. Things can go South (literally) very quickly if you aren't careful.

Gotcha. Yeah you definitely need to be extremely careful reholstering. I’ve never tried appendix carry before. One of these days I should try it to see how I like it.

I had just started carrying my Shield AIWB when I saw the vid of the guy who shot himself in the nads w the Glock when he bent over carrying AIWB. It spooked me. I went out and got a Springfield XDE which is a DA/SA hammer fire w/ a decocker just to be on the safe side. Been carrying that AIWB and it’s fine although it’s a little big when driving distances, sitting for extended periods, etc. Just couldn’t get over the [perhaps irrational] fear of bending over or putting too much pressure on the gun when sitting and blam. Or perhaps a car accident where the jolt and the seatbelt. Figured w a DA that can’t ever happen. But I love carrying appendix otherwise, it’s so much better than 3 or 4 o’clock so whenever I can I carry AIWB. I also love the 365 so I’ll probably just have to get over it.

I had just started carrying my Shield AIWB when I saw the vid of the guy who shot himself in the nads w the Glock when he bent over carrying AIWB. It spooked me. I went out and got a Springfield XDE which is a DA/SA hammer fire w/ a decocker just to be on the safe side. Been carrying that AIWB and it’s fine although it’s a little big when driving distances, sitting for extended periods, etc. Just couldn’t get over the [perhaps irrational] fear of bending over or putting too much pressure on the gun when sitting and blam. Or perhaps a car accident where the jolt and the seatbelt. Figured w a DA that can’t ever happen. But I love carrying appendix otherwise, it’s so much better than 3 or 4 o’clock so whenever I can I carry AIWB. I also love the 365 so I’ll probably just have to get over it.
Do you know if he was using a kydex holster? I can't imagine how that could happen if he were.

Do you know if he was using a kydex holster? I can't imagine how that could happen if he were.

Here’s a link to the thread which includes the video: Holstered pistol fires when guy bends over

He reholsters the gun while wearing the holster, takes a couple steps, bends over to get something and blam. Guessing a piece of clothing got caught when re holstering, I believe it was kydex. There’s a lot of commentary/speculation in the thread. I holster w the gun in the holster. Most of the AIWB draw training I do is w a laser cartridge and it’s a DA. Holstering the loaded 365 while wearing the holster isn’t going to happen for a while. I’ll probaby reholster the whole thing when I do training.

Back
Top Bottom