• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New P365

Picked up a BNIB Free state P365 today. Paid a bit more than if I actually lived in a free state but I’m ok with that. Had a small window to go to the range, so I put 50 rounds down range. This is the first gun I’ve had in many years (was out of the game for a bit), but man was I happy with it. Mags were a pain to load, but other than that, I have zero complaints. No primer drag and no malfunctions. Shots were low and to the left, but well grouped (anticipating due to not having shot for many years is my guess). All in all I couldn’t be happier. I’ll send a few hundred more down range, then start looking for a good carry holster for it.

Picked up a BNIB Free state P365 today. Paid a bit more than if I actually lived in a free state but I’m ok with that. Had a small window to go to the range, so I put 50 rounds down range. This is the first gun I’ve had in many years (was out of the game for a bit), but man was I happy with it. Mags were a pain to load, but other than that, I have zero complaints. No primer drag and no malfunctions. Shots were low and to the left, but well grouped (anticipating due to not having shot for many years is my guess). All in all I couldn’t be happier. I’ll send a few hundred more down range, then start looking for a good carry holster for it.
I also purchased one recently. I put 500 ball rounds through it and 100 carry rounds without a hiccup, then sent it out for some slide work. I'm really pleased with how well this gun shoots. Especially with the pinky extension.

I had some raptor cuts, cobra cut, milled out the rear dovetail for a Shield RMSc, and Cerakoted in Jessie James civil defense blue. I just got these images from the guy doing the mill work and I'm pleased so far. looking forward to getting the finished product. Will post some pics once I have everything.

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

That slide looks awesome. Nice color you picked to. I would love to throw a shield on something at some point. Cool build can’t wait to see when it’s down.

Got mine today too, free state version. Can’t wait to take it to the range tomorrow. Ordered my Vedder Light Tuck holster on my phone from the shop parking lot www.vedderholsters.com (highly recommend)
Ordered the Light Tuck this morning.

@MarkT may be a stupid question, but do those slide cutouts reduce recoil, or is it purely cosmetic?

Ordered the Light Tuck this morning.

@MarkT may be a stupid question, but do those slide cutouts reduce recoil, or is it purely cosmetic?
Just cosmetic. I needed the slide milled for the optic, so I figured I'd spice it up a little while they had it.

It will slightly reduce the slide weight, which would actually increase felt recoil (I think), but not sure if it will be perceptible. I'll let you know once I have everything back and hit the range. The optic is backordered so it may be a couple weeks.

Edit: I should add, this pistol is very manageable and even fun to shoot if you use the magazine with the pinky extension. Just a little less so with the flush fit mag.

Last edited:
Love mine. Love my Vedder Lighttuck too. Much better shooter than I ever imagined. Been carrying it for weeks. Super accurate, much less snappy than expected. I'm in love.

I rented one at On Target in Dracut a couple weeks ago. Shot it well, but felt that the edge of the magazine baseplate dug into my palm and wasn’t particularly enjoyable. I was hoping it would be my next purchase to replace the Glock 43 that I’m not in love with, but wasn’t to be for me, sadly.

When I first picked it up I thought it was heavy but then I weighed it against my shield

Attachments

• 917B1B2E-DF93-4B76-A2B1-2548AD24C647.jpeg
    917B1B2E-DF93-4B76-A2B1-2548AD24C647.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 9BB7CEDC-FA1B-4E76-BB34-16081B7A2AC6.jpeg
    9BB7CEDC-FA1B-4E76-BB34-16081B7A2AC6.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 114
Got my lighttuck today with the claw. Took about 3 minutes before I decided the claw wasn’t for me. So far I like the holster, but the claw did not work for me, hindered concealment for me. Once I took it off, it felt much better and hid much better.

Got my lighttuck today with the claw. Took about 3 minutes before I decided the claw wasn’t for me. So far I like the holster, but the claw did not work for me, hindered concealment for me. Once I took it off, it felt much better and hid much better.

Was it adjusted to the proper height? I switched to the claw on all my Vedders and it made concealment much better. I carry 4 o'clock

I’m happy I got mine with the claw. At first it seemed quite awkward, but it clearly reduces printing. Loving this holster for the p365

I rented one at On Target in Dracut a couple weeks ago. Shot it well, but felt that the edge of the magazine baseplate dug into my palm and wasn’t particularly enjoyable. I was hoping it would be my next purchase to replace the Glock 43 that I’m not in love with, but wasn’t to be for me, sadly.

Sorry to hear you are not in love with your G43, BUT happy to say I'll take it off of your hands ;)

Was it the flush mag? I want to try the extended.

I tried the P365 with the 10rnd extended mag and the 12rnd mag, that little extra length of the 12rnd made a world of difference in keeping my finger on the grip. I was renting at the time but the P365 is on both my son's and my buy list. Unfortunately he's in MA so he's stuck with the 10rnd, but he figures he'll be able to 3d print a new base plate that will give him the extra length. It's a great little gun.

I tried the P365 with the 10rnd extended mag and the 12rnd mag, that little extra length of the 12rnd made a world of difference in keeping my finger on the grip. I was renting at the time but the P365 is on both my son's and my buy list. Unfortunately he's in MA so he's stuck with the 10rnd, but he figures he'll be able to 3d print a new base plate that will give him the extra length. It's a great little gun.

I think there are 10 round extended mags floating around, and should be more on the market soon.

I did the same thing when I first tried the Light Tuck w the claw. Then I gave it another try about a month later and it’s been on ever since. I also put a strip of self sticking foam pad along the bottom 1 1/2’ - 2 “ which I find makes it more comfortable w AIWB. Haven’t started carrying the 365 yet, will soon, may not need the pad since it’s so much smaller than what I’m carrying AIWB. Also have to get over the hump of carrying striker fire AIWB vs DA/SA hammer fire w a decocker which is all I’m comfortable carrying AIWB at the moment.

I've been carrying a striker fired AIWB for 10+ years without issues. You just need to be careful with re-holstering, which should rarely need to be done with a live firearm. Things can go South (literally) very quickly if you aren't careful.

I've been carrying a striker fired AIWB for 10+ years without issues. You just need to be careful with re-holstering, which should rarely need to be done with a live firearm. Things can go South (literally) very quickly if you aren't careful.

Until you finally use that gun to defend yourself, and as the cops are arriving to clean up the mess, you reholster and shoot your balls off, lol. Just remember to empty the mag into the bag guys.

You just need to be careful with re-holstering, which should rarely need to be done with a live firearm.
How else do you practice/train with it if you’re not drawing and shooting targets?;)

Or does your range/club not allow drawing from a holster?

How else do you practice/train with it if you’re not drawing and shooting targets?;)

Or does your range/club not allow drawing from a holster?

Good point. No my club does not allow due to Fuddish rules, so that use case didn't occur to me. And when I do 3-gun I carry OWB.

Believe me, I would much prefer to train my carry gun from draw. For those who can, and carry AIWB, I would recommend just watching your pistol and holster as you re-holster to ensure there is no fabric or other object in the way that could get caught on the trigger.

Good point. No my club does not allow due to Fuddish rules, so that use case didn't occur to me. And when I do 3-gun I carry OWB.

Believe me, I would much prefer to train my carry gun from draw. For those who can, and carry AIWB, I would recommend just watching your pistol and holster as you re-holster to ensure there is no fabric or other object in the way that could get caught on the trigger.
Gotcha. Yeah you definitely need to be extremely careful reholstering. I’ve never tried appendix carry before. One of these days I should try it to see how I like it.

Gotcha. Yeah you definitely need to be extremely careful reholstering. I’ve never tried appendix carry before. One of these days I should try it to see how I like it.
I switched to appendix carry about 6 years ago and will never go back. 4 o'clock was never comfortable for me and I spent a fortune on holsters trying to make it so. You can carry all day long with a compact pistol and forget it's there. Larger pistols can also be comfortable, I occasionally carry a G17 AIWB, it just sucks when you need to tie your shoes.

And you don't have to worry about huggy people inadvertently touching your gun when they go in for a hug. ;)

OP - in your first post you mentioned difficulty reloading the mag. Look up the Maglula Uplula. My thumbs are very happy that I purchased one, and it works on all my pistol calibers with the exception of .22LR.

Back
Top Bottom