• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New 'old iron'

Sweeney

NES Member
Sometimes these things find you...

1858 Remington New Model Army.
Manufactured November 1864.
Cartouche; GP, Giles Porter Remington New Model and Pettengill Revolvers 1862-1875.

yRd84gz.jpg
yRd84gz.jpg

xYQFMnN.jpg

Nice bore too! (bad photo)
EZZO8us.jpg

Now for some laser grips and magnaporting!

Last edited:
Saw WTS recently on GunBoards; a neat Colt '61 Navy in .36 that had been converted to .38 short under patents of 1871 and 1873. Tempted, but not $2000 tempted.

t

Wow, that's awesome! Great condition too.

I think the Magnaporting is a good idea but the laser grips are over the top. I suggest something more subtle like a fiber optic front post or maybe mount one of those C-more optics. :D

This was sent to my friend's shop for a new hand spring by a dealer friend of his. It was part of an estate the dealer had purchased. Gunsmith told the dealer he had a friend interested, etc. and I got it for what the dealer payed plus the cost of repair.

Anybody want a Pietta replica? :cool:

Wow, that's awesome! Great condition too.

I think the Magnaporting is a good idea but the laser grips are over the top. I suggest something more subtle like a fiber optic front post or maybe mount one of those C-more optics. :D

I already starting milling the top strap for the reflex sight.

I already starting milling the top strap for the reflex sight.

Cerakote options? I think zombie green would look great once you stipple the backstrap.

Just a thought. I can loan you my Dremel if you need it.

WOW, and very funny. How about a picatinny rail :)

I think I want to free float it first.
how about a bayo lug and magazine feed. it already has the pistol grip......, never mind, we know where that will go

I'm turning down the cylinder to bisect the chambers to act as a cog to feed a belt. I figure the top strap will contain the cartridge pressure upon firing.

Cerakote options? I think zombie green would look great once you stipple the backstrap.

Just a thought. I can loan you my Dremel if you need it.
Thanks! I always do my stippling with 12g high brass and steel shot. Sooo much quicker than one dimple at a time.

Now for some laser grips and magnaporting!

I DO hope you are joking.................

being a purist in my collection of old pieces and although i played along and got a chuckle with the belt fed....... it's starting to actually trouble me. even joking about this....

sorry guys , i have to look away here.

that is a beautiful piece that would be the crown jewel in many collections

being a purist in my collection of old pieces and although i played along and got a chuckle with the belt fed....... it's starting to actually trouble me. even joking about this....

sorry guys , i have to look away here.

that is a beautiful piece that would be the crown jewel in many collections

Fear not, It's in good hands.

Here's a pic. Cap channel widened to a loading block, extractor added to side. Never seen one before. Evidently a "Mason Conversion".

t

IMG_1042[1].jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom