• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Office of Gun Safety Enforcement

• Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.
From the Ag website. Yeah. OK.

• Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.

I actually don't hate everything about that bullet point of hers. Almost everything about the War On Drugs was a mistake, and I'm not sure I'm down with a guy being a PP for life just because he was caught with a joint in, say, 1987.

But I doubt it would ever get through the legislature, and I'm obviously dead-set against it being done any other way.

Load your own. I realize that’s not practical for everyone but it’s worth considering

I do however during the great primer and powder shortages of 2020 - 2022 I definitely stocked up on factory ammo. Also, some cartridges I don't reload because I don't shoot enough of them to make it worth it.

If they want to stop ammo hoarding, they should go after people who have ammo storage permits for more than 10,000 rounds.
WTF?
You do realize there are gun owners who shoot more than a couple boxes of ammo per year right? 10k rounds is not a lot. Maybe to you it is.

Does it seem unreasonable to have the idea, that we should just apply to positions within the office. Play their game, infiltrate the office.

You know they are going to hire a bunch of anti gun shitlibs for the positions. Nothing says you can’t fake it during the interview, get the job and then be the devils advocate and work to keep people in check while working there. If they fire you, even better. Play their game, easy enough to bring a suit against the state over getting fired for political views.

Does it seem unreasonable to have the idea, that we should just apply to positions within the office. Play their game, infiltrate the office.

You know they are going to hire a bunch of anti gun shitlibs for the positions. Nothing says you can’t fake it during the interview, get the job and then be the devils advocate and work to keep people in check while working there. If they fire you, even better. Play their game, easy enough to bring a suit against the state over getting fired for political views.

What positions? they'll probably hire a bunch of interns for something that is basically nothing more than the "office of virtue signaling".

So be soft on criminals........... and hard on the law abiding citizens who legally own guns. Got it.

When I hear "Office of Gun Safety Enforcement", all I think of is grandstanding and pandering to the suburban soccer mom Karen's, akin to Trump's "Second Amendment Coalition" or all the other "pro-gun" legislation submitted by "true and honest Republicans" when it has no chance to pass to grandstand and pander to naive, Conservative boomers.

I actually don't hate everything about that bullet point of hers. Almost everything about the War On Drugs was a mistake, and I'm not sure I'm down with a guy being a PP for life just because he was caught with a joint in, say, 1987.

But I doubt it would ever get through the legislature, and I'm obviously dead-set against it being done any other way.

I agree, but I am skeptical that bullet point is really more than empty virtue signaling anyways, especially after she figures out that the majority of people that would end up using such a
facility (like expungement) are not necessarily minorities.

So be soft on criminals........... and hard on the law abiding citizens who legally own guns. Got it.
this.

she's made it clear that she's going after law abiding people, who have been vetted by the FBI, rather than actual criminals who are robbing, killing, etc.

Got it.

so glad I moved

Is their a link to what the “Office of Gun Safety enforcement' is? I know what it is but is it on the mass.gov website?

Like they contact you or something?

I have no comment.

Just curious what their “duties” will entail

I’m still reading it but ..

So you be able to posses a gun legal in ma after being arrest for a gun crime as long as your not white

It’s more political theater… After reading the gun, hoarding thing and the thing after it basically they’re just advocating for promoting laws like a limit on how many guns you can purchase a year or how many you can purchase in a lifetime. I’m glad there’s this little thing called the constitution.

“ Shall not be infringed”

There’s no place in the country that limits how many guns you can own or buy.MA wants to be the first.. That wont hold up
California has a limit of 1 gun purchase in a 30 day period.

What positions? they'll probably hire a bunch of interns for something that is basically nothing more than the "office of virtue signaling".
If Bloomberg pays for attorneys to staff an office within the AGO like he's done elsewhere to push an agenda it could be a legit problem.

I do however during the great primer and powder shortages of 2020 - 2022 I definitely stocked up on factory ammo. Also, some cartridges I don't reload because I don't shoot enough of them to make it worth it.

Sorry, remark wasn't intended directly at you, but rather at MA gun owners in general. That being said, as has been pointed out to me, components are treated the same as ammunition, so getting them shipped will probably have the same issues.

I load the centerfire pistol calibers that I shoot. Can't load .22, (well, actually you can - but it's a horrendous pita), and I don't shoot enough 5.56 or .308 to warrant loading them.

This would likely fall into the category of "sealed but still a firearms disability"

Luckily she won't come after my pre-Healey ban AR15. I have my registration confirmation from the MA gun portal laminated and Maura said she won't come after me.

I also have a typed explanation on what makes my pre-ban glock mags legal, laminated of course, in my safe.

I don't know about you guys but I'm good.

I don't understand why there is a priority to stop hoarding of guns and ammo. What does that have to do with crime?
I don't know, but you basically can't shoot more than 2 guns at one time, so the size of your collection is rather moot, unless you're worried about loss or theft.
You know what would have helped prevent loss or theft? Not publishing the MIRCS data.

I don't know, but you basically can't shoot more than 2 guns at one time, so the size of your collection is rather moot, unless you're worried about loss or theft.
You know what would have helped prevent loss or theft? Not publishing the MIRCS data.
They want your guns stolen that way they can push their agenda.

Commies don't want individuals with large collections able to arm their family, friends, and neighbors if the need arises. They want you helpless and ground firmly under their heel or the heels of their proxies.

Wow.

This is why they made that database public boys.

Cops can't f-ing get regular training, I hope the state intends to pay for this "regular training"
I guess I didn’t think of this exactly but it was probably mentioned in the other thread.

I didn’t think about the cops that think they’re super citizens digging through these lists with their buddies.
I’m sure they can narrow it down to specific people easier than we can.

I guess I didn’t think of this exactly but it was probably mentioned in the other thread.

I didn’t think about the cops that think they’re super citizens digging through these lists with their buddies.
I’m sure they can narrow it down to specific people easier than we can

They need the same information we do, and if they're going to scrounge for that they can get it at work, but if they're pulling us up its easy enough to tab over to the firearms.

The bright side is that she is substantially less intelligent and more emotional than her predecessors (except for maybe window licking Reilly) so odds are her reach will exceed her grasp resulting in dumb moves that backfire in court.
I think this is 100% spot on.
The only white supremacists that I know are in the Blues Brothers Movie.

Back
Top Bottom