New Nra instructor. Where can i Qualify People?

Just became a NRA pistol instructor. I will be helping my buddy at his shop teach the pistol course until im confident enough to run one. He takes the candidates to his range for the second half of the course and the range is ok with it because hes been a member for 30 years. I currently do not belong to a range that allows that. Ive had a few friends ask me about qualifying them but im not sure what public or even private ranges in the RI area will allow me to do that.
any help would be appreciated ...

thank you ,

OR you could sign up for NES as an instructor and pay extra money than you haven't paid yet anyway :D

and aside from that (as I really try to not be one of those 'go green' snobs)...try contributing to the forum instead of just using it for whenever YOU have a question.

i would get busy and start calling around to those clubs. my mom use to have an expression she liked to say.....god helps those who help themselves,

but what good is helping yourself if your 12th post in doesn't inspire an outpouring of helpful information from fellow forum members (90% of whom probably don't even reside in your state)

was just looking for a little guidance. thanks for telling me to contribute more and the snarky comments.

72! Maybe update the post to say that you're looking for a location specifically in RI?
"but im not sure what public or even private ranges in the RI area will allow me to do that.
any help would be appreciated ..." from the opening post ?????

1) probably been asked here before. Did you search the forum?
2) Most clubs have bylaws against members using facilities for their own profit. That includes gun safety teaching for money. You know, insurance and all..
3) sorry, but I have to be honest... you might want to change your attitude if you want to be an effective teacher... at least the way it comes across here..

Go over to RIFOL, we have a thread about this: The RIFOL forum • Login
Also tell the person that you will be their guest and accompany them to their range.
thanks mike . thats what i was looking for. i don't have an attitude either guys. i was only asking for help. i was confused that so many people saw the post and no one replied... i wasn't expecting the contribute more and your name is jerk / go green. and help yourself responses. ill take my threads elsewhere in the future..

"but im not sure what public or even private ranges in the RI area will allow me to do that.
you need to contact the ranges, speak to a club manager or officer, explain what you are trying to do and see what their policy is. visit club websites, sometimes contact numbers are provided. and at most private clubs, the best time to catch someone in the office is sunday mornings.

i don't think any club is going to let you use their facility for no cost and then there's the liability issue.

thanks mike . thats what i was looking for. i don't have an attitude either guys. i was only asking for help. i was confused that so many people saw the post and no one replied... i wasn't expecting the contribute more and your name is jerk / go green. and help yourself responses. ill take my threads elsewhere in the future..

72 views is nothing.. some threads get that many in about 3 minutes... Possibly your thread title was uninteresting leading to few clicks, and those who read it, didn't have a useful answer for you....

Many times, questions can be answered by searching the forum.. most questions have been answered before.. not many "new" questions about "old" topics.

BTW. props to you for getting instructor certified.. I had thought about it, but also had the forethought of the issue you're experiencing. Maybe you and your club members can work something out where you teach at the club's clubhouse and range, and the club takes some of the revenue. But every club would be different.

Ok...then the "title" of your post. Include RI and/or a town nearby and that may help get more replies.

I'm an instructor and can tell you from personal experience that it really is tough to find a club willing to allow you to use their facilities to teach. Some have "their trainer" who teaches for the club so that not only are those trainers forbidden to make money but it actually cost them money to do the training.

When I became an instructor I visited a number of clubs and was told that they don't allow instructors to teach at their facilities. I teach my Mass Gun Law Seminar (strictly a sit down session in a classroom/meeting room, no range use at all) much more frequently than my NRA classes and they still wouldn't approve my using their space even if I paid to "rent" that space.

You do get more consideration if you have already belonged to said club for years before you become an instructor but that is no guarantee either.

Most of us are in Mass, so we don't know the clubs in RI and only the few from RI that are on NES might help in that regard.

Once you find a location, NES rules require that you pay for an instructor membership ($99/year) in order to advertise here. You would also be very foolish not to obtain instructors liability insurance (most clubs will insist upon this) for $1million which costs $320/year. And the few clubs that allow instructors are likely to charge you a fee to use their facilities. After you pay all expenses, you really aren't going to "make money", I can tell you that from personal experience too.

First time on the internet?

Back
Top Bottom