New Muzzle Loader Help

Thanks to the 2 guys at MRA who helped me with my muzzleloader today. Class acts, both of them! In general, shooters seem to be great guys/gals.

Thanks to the 2 guys at MRA who helped me with my muzzleloader today. Class acts, both of them! In general, shooters seem to be great guys/gals.

So this means the deer won't have a chance in the next couple of weeks?[wink]

I just finished cleaning the dang thing. What a mess. There really aren't that many parts, though, so aside from the mess it's a pretty easy job.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed shooting, too. I think I'll pick up a cap or flint to play around with, if I can find one around here.

Cleaning tip

Get a 5 gal plastic bucket
Fill it with a couple of gallons of steaming hot water with a generous squirt of dish washing liquad in it

pull your barrel out from the stock.

use the ramrod with swag to run a hot wet patch from muzzel to breach with the breach in the bucket.

Repeat a few times until the stinky rotten eggs come out.

run a dry patch down the barrell to dry it out

wet a cotton ball with oil and run it up & down the barrell. You can leave it in the end of the barrel as a oil plug and blow it out with a cap next time you use it if you like. Personally I dont do that. but will run an oil patch thru before loading up for a hunt.

wipe your whole gun down with an oil rag to keep rust at bay

great mix for ball patch.

1 part ivory dish soap.
1 part mineral oil
1 part hydrogen peroxide

shake well and give it a squirt on your patch

Back
Top Bottom