New Mexico to redefine high-cap mag as 10 or more rounds

clarence-thomas-file-rt-jef-190405_hpMain_3_12x5_992.jpg

I think what the OP is saying is that this one goes beyond and limits it to less than 10 ... so all those neutered 10 rounders originally made during the ban and for CA aren't even legal ... I have never seen a reduced capacity mag that had less than 10 rounds except for maybe a 5 rd mag for hunting with an AR-10 or HK-91/G3

NM is in the 10 circuit, there are already mag and AWB cases being heard in Colorado federal court and antis are not looking good there. A favorable 2A circuit court ruling will kill anything from NM too.

I think what the OP is saying is that this one goes beyond and limits it to less than 10 ... so all those neutered 10 rounders originally made during the ban and for CA aren't even legal ... I have never seen a reduced capacity mag that had less than 10 rounds except for maybe a 5 rd mag for hunting with an AR-10 or HK-91/G3
Correct, the new proposed legislation there caps mags at 9, so 10 or more would be considered high-capacity.

We can choose to ignore and scoff at what they are doing in other states, or look at what they’re doing knowing that the MA legislature, AG, and Governor want the same thing here. The anti-2A groups are well-coordinated nationwide.

Correct, the new proposed legislation there caps mags at 9, so 10 or more would be considered high-capacity.

We can choose to ignore and scoff at what they are doing in other states, or look at what they’re doing knowing that the MA legislature, AG, and Governor want the same thing here. The anti-2A groups are well-coordinated nationwide.
Then they'll cap it at 8, 7, 6, 5, and soon, only single shot guns will be allowed. And then those will be outlawed.

You can thank Bill Ruger for this. He was in favor of banning high capacity magazines and in 1989 he sent letters to all of congress in support of a ban.

He is also infamous for his comment during an interview with Tom Brokaw "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun".

You can thank Bill Ruger for this. He was in favor of banning high capacity magazines and in 1989 he sent letters to all of congress in support of a ban.

He is also infamous for his comment during an interview with Tom Brokaw "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun".

I don’t think the antis were inspired by him, they’re self motivated

I don’t think the antis were inspired by him, they’re self motivated

He did not help the cause. He also screwed us on the AWB by not protesting it. He worked to keep the Mini 14 from being banned and he saw it as a way to sell more Mini 14s once all the evil assault weapons were no longer on the market. Look, I'll give credit to Bill Ruger for his accomplishments however when it came to protecting 2A and our rights he was a traitor and a sell out.

Disclaimer: My comments are about Bill Ruger specifically and not Ruger Firearms.

Back
Top Bottom