New Mexico LTC

mitch28

NES Member
Might be moving to New Mexico currently have MA LTC what would be required to get a NM license prior to moving out there? Would I need to go in person before hand to get this done?
Thanks!

Reading that handbook - NM trumps MA in many aspects of licensing bullshit. It's what can happen when concealed carry flies above rather than below the radar.

Up until 2 years ago, my wife and I were NM approved CHC instructors. The training was 15 hours with live fire of the maximum caliber handgun you would carry, both revolver and pistol. We encouraged qualifying with a .45 ACP in both categories--that covered basically any caliber below .45.
But unless something changed (possible) I'm not aware of a medical info release being required.
Is this now the case? HIPPA?

But unless something changed (possible) I'm not aware of a medical info release being required.
Is this now the case? HIPPA?
It appears to be the case now. Since you “voluntarily” sign the release, then there is legally no HIPAA violation. If the police went to a doctor without a court order and without your consent and asked for your medical records and the doctor complied, that would be a HIPAA violation. But in this case, the police have your signed release.

Note, I’m not saying this is morally right (it is a horrible invasion of privacy IMO), just that it isn’t a HIPAA violation as I understand it.

My friends wife recently got deployed to NM for two years. He reluctantly sold NH house and moved down there with her. After 4 months of hell he is back here in NH living in his camper. His wife visits when on leave.
In other words, apparently NM sucks.

If the police went to a doctor without a court order and without your consent and asked for your medical records and the doctor complied, that would be a HIPAA violation.
Unless they used the root password provided in HIPPA :mad:. I'll give you a hint - it's two words.

There is a LOT of bullshit in that law - such as not valid on indian reservations; may not carry more than one concealed gun at a time; appear to give private property no gun bans the force of law; etc.

Other than that pesky due process thing, the NM restrictions on and requirements for concealed carry are much stricter than MA. Which, of course, means nothing if you can't get your MA LTC because you have been denounced and considered unsuitable.

Over half the tenants in my apartment complex carry. Last year the complex was bought by some a55holes from California, and they sent notices out that firearms are not permitted on the property.
A few days later, they rescinded the notice...
One of the maintenance guys told me that they were threatened with lawsuits by several different attorneys.
F***ING CALIFORNIA FAGGOTS!

Back
Top Bottom