New member's Collection

Regarding PPK/s

I've owned a German mfd PPK/s since ~1977. It was made in 1971. It has a very tough spring on the slide and my Wife can not rack the slide. I don't know if the newer US made ones are any different. Just be aware of this and if you don't have any problem, this is a great little gun. I still CCW mine when I need to "carry small" like I did this past weekend.

I used to reload for this gun and never had any problems. I carry silver-tips for defensive loads and I've fired them with no failures either.

I try to clean my guns after each shooting session, so that may make a difference.

I just wanteed to let you guys know that I have been looking for a decent firearms forum for quite some time. You guys have made me feel right at home, with a warm welcome. I have only been here for less that a day. This has got to be one of the best group of people that I have had the pleasure to talk guns with. Thanks for the welcome. And your thanks to me as mentioned in previuos post is appreciated. I can see I will be here for quite a long time. thanks all.

03, we aim to make this forum like a family.

Lots of good info shared, some laughs, some discussion and disagreements. But we don't want any members to become disagreeable!

Have fun and enjoy. Thanks for the compliments, but it is all of the members here that make this forum what it is! :)

Ann,

Read some of the training material in the Training Techniques forum here on self defense.

Also very highly recommended:

"The Comabative Perspective: The Thinking Man's Guide to Self-Defense", by Gabe Suarez, Paladin Press, ISBN: 978-158160404-7

This book is all about mental attitude/mindset to be able to defend yourself.
Thank you, Len, I will.

03, glad to see you like it here; welcome (and thanks for your service).

[changing the subject a little]

Ann, I own an Interarms Walther PPK in .380 - it will eat ANYTHING I feed it with the exception of the aluminum-cased Blazer ammo. I've fed it lead round nose reloads that it shot flawlessly, and my carry ammo for it is Winchester Silvertips - they, too, feel without a hitch. (but it jams EVERY time I try to chamber a Blazer round... something about the soft aluminum case - it gets dented when it tries to feed it)

Nice, small, flat little gun for when you really need to be discrete. Might not make as big a hole as a .45 will, but I'd think that 7 .380 Silvertips would ruin any mugger's day. (Hopefully, I'll never have to find out!)

Welcome to both of the newcomers.

03roushs1, I live up the road from you about 80 or so miles (and a little east). If you have made it to the Lake George gun show, I'm usually at the table selling ammo.

Back
Top Bottom