• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New member's Collection

reinbeau

NES Member
I'm totally new here, this is my first post, but here are a few of our guns. My favorite is between the PPKs and the 1911, although the G23 is nice, too....
guns.jpg
I just can't decide! :D

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

S&W uses mostly (if not all) Wilson mags. Although from that picture they don't look the same as my mags (Wilson/S&W 1911).

LenS said:
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

S&W uses mostly (if not all) Wilson mags. Although from that picture they don't look the same as my mags (Wilson/S&W 1911).

From what I have seen only a few of them are sold with marked Wilson Combat mags.

LenS said:

I asked because it didn't look like a Wilson to me either. However, it looks like it has a nice big base pad, the way I like them. Maybe a Novak?

K-DUB said:
Welcome Ann!!!! Nice to see you here. (I'm the one who liked your PPK on Saturday @ the range.)
My fellow class valedictorian? :D How many others from the group are here on this board? Do you know if moderator Lynne is our Lynne?

Welcome to both of you (new members: reinbeau and 03roushs1). Hope you both enjoy it here.

No, Lynne (aka Mother Mod) is not the same Lynne that runs SAS. She is a SAS member (as am I, at least until my membership year runs out) but lives way North of Boston. Since I've known this Lynne for many, many years (going back to our days at DEC) I'll put in a plug for her . . . she and her Husband run Starfire Firearms Safety Training Center in Haverhill. More info on the GOAL trainers page: http://www.thegoalfoundation.org/certifiedinstructors.htm

I don't know if Lynne Roberts registered here or not (I did tell her about it and invite her as well as all other SAS members on their eList, before I was told that men weren't welcome at SAS), but if she did join, I don't think that she has been back since she registered AFAIK.

If you ladies (K-Dub and reinbeau) wish to post things about SAS here, please do so. Spreading the word, especially about Micheal's training sessions for SAS might interest some other women and help SAS as well.

03roushs1,

Thanks for your service to our Country!

You might want to check out the Military forum here. You will find very strong support for our military on NES!

LenS said:
03roushs1,

Thanks for your service to our Country!

You might want to check out the Military forum here. You will find very strong support for our military on NES!

Thanks LenS

It is always nice to hear a thank you once in awhile. I will be sure to check out the military forum.

My fellow class valedictorian? :D How many others from the group are here on this board? Do you know if moderator Lynne is our Lynne?

Yeah, the other valedictorian. I know Len is here, but I'm not sure if anyone else is here & watching quietly. I confiscated the PPK from my old man, so I'll have it next time we meet. :D

If you ladies (K-Dub and reinbeau) wish to post things about SAS here, please do so. Spreading the word, especially about Micheal's training sessions for SAS might interest some other women and help SAS as well.

Thanks Len, we'll send the word out before the next ladies shoot. Oh, & Michael is a GREAT instructor. I am personally very grateful for his willingness to share his knowledge with us.

K-DUB said:

Yeah, the other valedictorian. I know Len is here, but I'm not sure if anyone else is here & watching quietly. I confiscated the PPK from my old man, so I'll have it next time we meet. :D

Although I talked this forum up at the SAS Summer outing, with Lynne R. and posted info on it a few times to the SAS eList, I don't think that anyone else joined up (can't be sure unless they out themselves here [lol] ).

K-DUB said:

Thanks Len, we'll send the word out before the next ladies shoot. Oh, & Michael is a GREAT instructor. I am personally very grateful for his willingness to share his knowledge with us.

It'll be up to you ladies to talk up SAS here or tell others about opportunities that get posted here. The way things were handled does not make me comfortable posting anything to the SAS eList any more. Thus, I felt real uncomfortable when I accidentally sent the jacket post to the entire eList instead of you directly.

I am very glad that Lynne R. took Michael deBethencourt up on his offer of free training for SAS (she has ignored many other offers by other instructors-including Lynne {Mother Mod})!! Yes, he is a great instructor and just what SAS needed. He's the only reason (according to my Wife) why she'll endeavor to make the SAS training sessions (and stay a member) . . . at least as long as Michael is doing the training.

Take advantage of Michael, as lots of people pay serious money for his training (and he is well worth it).

Len, I'm thrilled to have Michael helping us, I'm hoping to get much more comfortable about self-defense, not just guns (then again, can you ever really be comfortable about self defense??) :eek:

K-DUB said:

Cool! I've been reading on the GlockTalk Walther forum about the PPK/s, most seem happy with them, although it seems very important to keep them clean - and polish things internally if you have jamming problems. I haven't had that problem yet, hopefully it'll stay that way! Good ammo is important too. I think I'm firing the cheap stuff through it right now.

reinbeau said:
Len, I'm thrilled to have Michael helping us, I'm hoping to get much more comfortable about self-defense, not just guns (then again, can you ever really be comfortable about self defense??) :eek:

Ann,

Read some of the training material in the Training Techniques forum here on self defense.

Also very highly recommended:

"The Combative Perspective: The Thinking Man's Guide to Self-Defense", by Gabe Suarez, Paladin Press, ISBN: 978-158160404-7

This book is all about mental attitude/mindset to be able to defend yourself.

Back
Top Bottom