I am a happily married, 40yo male with 4 children. My wife is an artist, and my oldest daughter is in the Air Force. I'm originally from Bristol, TN.
I am employed as a technical administrator for a military contractor. My interests include: camping, hiking, fishing etc (anything out of doors, really). I am a big fan of the Glock, and I own 4 firearms: a SW9VE, a G17, aG26 and a G27.
Being from TN, I am a big racing fan; I did some late model driving in my youth, and still follow ARCA, IROC and, of course, NASCAR. Although I will say that I preferred NASCAR when it wasn't so "Hollywood". It's too bad that ASA has slipped away.
I am a voracious reader of almost any non-fiction, mostly science and history. I spend almost all my free time with my beautiful wife, we're both still "head over heels" after 17 years. I'm a lucky man. That's about it, folks.

derek said:
Excellent Tim. I think we finally found someone who loves NASCAR as much as Tony does. :D

Oh????

Team HENDRICK all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, welcome Tim!

Tim3256 said:
I own 4 firearms: a SW9VE, a G17, aG26 and a G27.
Welcome!
How do you like that SW9VE? I was looking at the .40 version the other day. Looks like a pretty nice piece for the $$

Adam

Team Hendrick? Oh No. Their all so ....."vanilla".
Don't get me wrong, little Jeffy's an awesome wheelman, but I've never gotten over him crying when he first won at Charlotte. There's NO CRYING in auto racing...at least, there shouldn't be.

I root for the jerks over at Roush. :D
I've always been a big Martin fan ever since NASCAR screwed him out of the Championship.

And BTW... It will always be WINSTON CUP to me. [wink]

To ADAM_MA:
For the price the Smith is a great piece, I haven't fired the .40, but would expect to be just fine. However, I have had a few misfeeds with WWB ammo...which is strange, but she's new. I don't think I'd use it for carry, but she's fun at the range. I recommend if you have "extra" cash for fun.

To TonyD:
DEI (especially Dale's boy) is overrated. Sorry, but I haven't seen anything all that impressive. Jr can win, but only if the car is perfect...that's what I loved about hid dad, he could win in a 5th place car!
Jr needs a crew chief that will tell him to shut up and drive the car and stop trying to tell the crew what to do, if anyone's a big enough jerk to get the job done it's Hmiel (unless Eury comes back). I think it will be tough for Jr to live up to the hype, considering how hard it is to win these days.

Good to hear from ya, though...wouldn't want everyone to root for the same guy, that'd be no fun. :D

I don't think Jr's overrated but there's a lot of stuff they have to work out. These days it takes a perfect car to win and one disadvantage they have is only two cars.

As far as crew chiefs, look how many his dad went through.

TonyD said:
I don't think Jr's overrated but there's a lot of stuff they have to work out. These days it takes a perfect car to win and one disadvantage they have is only two cars.

As far as crew chiefs, look how many his dad went through.

Jr fans always making excuses... [roll]

TonyD said:
Winston Cup and DEI rule! If you don't agree, you're simply not in your right mind. [twisted]

DEI [?] [?] [?] With that great driver Mikey Hit the Waltrip [?] [?] [?] Hahaha
Gimme a BREAK! [wink]

Tim3256 said:
Don't get me wrong, little Jeffy's an awesome wheelman, but I've never gotten over him crying when he first won at Charlotte. There's NO CRYING in auto racing...at least, there shouldn't be.

I agree but the boy can drive. I'm with Jimmie Johnson anyway but Jeff is OK too.
We do the Dover race every June but missed it this year for our oldest daughter's HS graduation.
We really want to go to Martinsville some day.

Welcome from "Up North", Tim.

By the way, I'm an ABG fan. Anybody But Gordon.

Actually, I like the Ford drivers, and kinda like DEI. Mikey and Dale Jr have far more "class" than the Hendrick drivers. Hendrick himself is a crook, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by Nickle
Welcome from "Up North", Tim.

By the way, I'm an ABG fan. Anybody But Gordon.

Actually, I like the Ford drivers, and kinda like DEI. Mikey and Dale Jr have far more "class" than the Hendrick drivers. Hendrick himself is a crook, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I know it's a longshot, but I'd really love to see Martin get the Cup.
IMHO, he is by far the best NASCAR driver to never take all the chips.

What do you guys think of F1's pathetic response to Michelin's tire issues?
I've never been a huge fan anyway, and they're sure not going to improve their standings in the US that way!

Tim3256 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I know it's a longshot, but I'd really love to see Martin get the Cup.
IMHO, he is by far the best NASCAR driver to never take all the chips.

What do you guys think of F1's pathetic response to Michelin's tire issues?
I've never been a huge fan anyway, and they're sure not going to improve their standings in the US that way!

I'm 100% with you on Mark Martin. A true Gentleman he is.

F1 is where Gordon should be. He'd fit in perfectly. I could care less about F1.

Why does everybody hate Gordon so much? I've always wanted to know. Is it because he has all of his teeth? [lol]

Someone once said it's because he annunciates.

I don't particularlly care for him because, next to cryin' Crusty Wallace, he's the biggest whiner in NASCAR. Also, he's had the silver spoon of racing since he was born. Earnhardt's, and the likes, came up the hard way, even jr.

Although I don't care for Fords, I've like Mark Martin and I too would like to see him win a Cup before he goes.

TonyD said:

I don't particularlly care for him because, next to cryin' Crusty Wallace, he's the biggest whiner in NASCAR. Also, he's had the silver spoon of racing since he was born. Earnhardt's, and the likes, came up the hard way, even jr.

Although I don't care for Fords, I've like Mark Martin and I too would like to see him win a Cup before he goes.

I thought Stewart was the biggest cry baby, maybe he's just the biggest punk. Doesn't Jr have an excuse for everything? [twisted]

The BIGGEST reason I dislike Jeff Gordon is the <person> he drives for.

Hendrick Motorsports has to be the most <deleted> team in the sport.

Gordon being a thorough Whine-Ass is the 2d reason. Like I said, he should be driving F1 or Indy Car. He'd actually be on the better end of those drivers.

Edited by LenS: Please be careful and avoid accusing people of illegal activity on a public forum (unless you are quoting from someone being convicted of something). This could leave you, Derek, etc. in a severe legal liability problem. I thus modified your post reluctantly.

derek said:
TonyD said:

I thought Stewart was the biggest cry baby, maybe he's just the biggest punk. Doesn't Jr have an excuse for everything? [twisted]

You are grossly misinformed.

Len - Hendrick was suspended for a time because of exactly what nickle described, it's not a secret. Also, he was merely stating his opinion.

Nickle said:
The BIGGEST reason I dislike Jeff Gordon is the <person> he drives for.

Hendrick Motorsports has to be the most <deleted> team in the sport.

Gordon being a thorough Whine-Ass is the 2d reason. Like I said, he should be driving F1 or Indy Car. He'd actually be on the better end of those drivers.

Edited by LenS: Please be careful and avoid accusing people of illegal activity on a public forum (unless you are quoting from someone being convicted of something). This could leave you, Derek, etc. in a severe legal liability problem. I thus modified your post reluctantly.

Sorry Len, but NASCAR did catch Jeff with a "questionable" manifold, and they've caught him numerous times in the past with "questionable" parts on the car. This is all a matter of record with NASCAR. I give all the drivers the benefit of the doubt. It's just that Jeff's been caught by NASCAR with "questionable" parts several times, so yeah, I'm not making an accusation, just stating the record. This is all well documented by NASCAR.

I thought that it was...what do you call a bunch of rednecks chacing a rich guy?

NASCAR?

At least that's what my father in law says, but then he's a HUGE NASCAR fan. Hell, at my wedding, he had a TV with the race on in the back room so they could keep going back and checking the race.

C-pher said:
At least that's what my father in law says, but then he's a HUGE NASCAR fan. Hell, at my wedding, he had a TV with the race on in the back room so they could keep going back and checking the race.

Now that's love.
:D

Yea, he's also the guy that when I asked if I could marry his daughter, he flipped down the paper he was reading and said, "I don't care, go ask her mother."

He's a great man. Served in Vietnam, helicopter mechanic. Now he's a Lt. on the Fire Department.

We get along great, and we love to trade grillin' recipies and hot foods.

But yea, that's love. Glad we were getting hitched, but couldn't miss the race.

Back
Top Bottom