Hi all,
Went to Mass Firearms school to get our LTC certificates a week ago.
A friend of mine brought us to a range to shoot an array of handguns.
I think for my Wife's first gun it will be a 22 caliber. I like this gun but
do not know if it is legal in MA ?
http://beta.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/specSheets/3910.html

For my first purchase I am thinking of getting the S&W 9mm Range Kit.
Up in the air on which AR I would like to get.
I have been reading and watching You Tube videos since the class ... LOL ....
Sort of like the S&W AR-15T
Thanks for all your replies ...
Rob .....

Welcome.

[video]https://youtu.be/xBdpINm9UBU[/video]

Seriously don't concern yourself on "what is legal in MA" other than the AWB and post-ban mags issues as those are felonies to possess. All the rest is pure BS and restrictions ONLY on what a dealer can transfer, not on what a person can buy or possess.

Welcome, Rob. I have a few suggestions for you.

First, go Green.

Second, from a female's perspective, let your wife choose her own first gun. Encourage her to try a variety of calibers, don't just assume a .22 is what she wants or needs.

Third, have fun!

Enjoy the site. As for the AR, I suggest going to AR15.com and learn how to build your own. It's not that difficult and you can learn alot about the rifle in case you have a malfunction.

OK .... what does Go Green mean ?
I live in Pepperell, MA amd my buddy that sort of got me to go for my LTC
lives in Townsend right up the road from me. I will most likely join the Townsend
gun club. We were there yesterday trying hand guns at the range. A 22 luger like
gun and I think the rest were S&W models. I know one was a 9mm from the
S&W range kit, one was called a Bodyguard 9mm, also one was a revolver
but not sure if it was a 38 or 357 ... sorry I do not know my models yet :-(
My Wife is a lefty and had a hard time racking the all the semi automatic hand
guns. She had fun with the 22 gun so I figured that caliber would be good for
her to start with. Then graduate to something better. She had a hard time figuring
out how to use the sights. We explained but she kept shooting OVER the whole target post :-(
I have been to the gun shop in Mason, NH once and was drooling all over the guns there ... LOL
They also had some nice ones where we took our course in Framminghan (Mass Firearms)
wish they were closer to us. Tomorrow we will be up in Nashua and I saw that there is a gun
shop and range in Hudson, NH so we may stop in there to just window shop. I did get to
go with my buddy after we left the range to Four Seasons in Woburn. Nice place but too
crowded to really just look around and ask questions.
Rob .....

"Go Green" = "spend the twenty-one bucks per year to help keep the site alive, and enjoy the benefits of being green such as Karma (inter-member freebies,) monthly gun give-a-ways, and group buys."

Back
Top Bottom