• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello All you fine Ladies and Gents out there.

New member here, dropping a note to say Hello.

I am in the process of completely my LTC application in the fine town of ..........CANTON......
I will drop it off next week, and then book an appointment during drop off.
The application requires 2 references from non-family members. Not sure the point of this, as anyone can drum up 2 friends, colleagues, or neighbors to support them. I just don't see the point of it.

I did attend a firearms safety class last week, and the instructor says I have about a 50/50 shot of obtaining a class A LTC in CANTON.
After reading through the forums it seems like I have a slim chance. I may end up obtaining legal councel on this.
Anyone out there have any recent experience with the town of CANTON??
Any other words of advice would be appreciated.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

PEACE, LOVE, PROSPERITY AND THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

I am in the process of completely my LTC application in the fine town of ..........CANTON......
The application requires 2 references from non-family members. Not sure the point of this, as anyone can drum up 2 friends, colleagues, or neighbors to support them. I just don't see the point of it.

I did attend a firearms safety class last week, and the instructor says I have about a 50/50 shot of obtaining a class A LTC in CANTON.
After reading through the forums it seems like I have a slim chance. I may end up obtaining legal councel on this.

What? There are girls here??

Great first post. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
~Matt

Thanks Rad,
yeah I'V read enough to get the vibe of this forum.
Its all good.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I gotta cover all the bases, Im sure theres a few

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I gotta cover all the bases, Im sure theres a few

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Matt

Unless you are denied for any reason, your chances of getting a LTC-A should be 100%. The question is, will they issue it to you without any restrictions.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Merry Christmas. Find others interested in shooting and get them to get LTC's too. Enjoy the sport but grow the sport too.

Welcome. Merry Christmas. Lots of good information here and some that you cruise right over. All in all its a good forum. Again welcome.

Some Chief's want to see a little time under your belt. If you get a restricted this go-round you may get an upgrade next time.
In the mean time choose your tools wisely, practice and train. There is no greater need or worthier a goal as to protect your family and self from those that mean you harm.

Welcome. Do yourself a favor and take a few private lessons. You don't need to wait for your LTC, and it will give you a ot more confidence and proficiency once you do get it.

welcome to the forum... good luck with your application

in the spirit of Christmas, your first year of "Green" membership is on me. BUT it does come with a condition. You must take a minimum of 3 people to the range with you in 2016 that have never shot before. Our greatest chance of keeping the 2nd Amendment is converting new shooters.

welcome to the forum... good luck with your application

in the spirit of Christmas, your first year of "Green" membership is on me. BUT it does come with a condition. You must take a minimum of 3 people to the range with you in 2016 that have never shot before. Our greatest chance of keeping the 2nd Amendment is converting new shooters.
Outstanding!

Typical and sadly your instructor is clueless about the law.

I seem to recall reading here that some things may have changed in Canton over the past year or two, however I'm not 100% positive.

I suggest using the following site:
https://www.google.com/advanced_search
and putting "Canton" as the key search word, set it to last update "Past Year" and put "Northeastshooters.com" for the site and see what turns up. Hopefully it will be good news. [This search method is much better than the built-in forum search.]

Good luck and welcome to NES. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom