• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Figured I'd pop and and say hi - I've been reading the NES boards for a while now.

28 from Westfield MA unrestricted class A

doing a bunch of looking around for my first firearm purchase

Welcome aboard!

I'm a little disappointed that you have had your license for more than 30 minutes and aren't talking about what you already bought. [wink]

Welcome aboard!

I'm a little disappointed that you have had your license for more than 30 minutes and aren't talking about what you already bought. [wink]

Thanks but I haven't gotten one yet - funds are tight but saving up and looking around. I know everyone's first purchase probably seems like yesterday so I want to make the right choice.

I am looking for something I can conceal on a daily basis, and is a good practice gun while I wait to get a second.

So far I've been highly interested in two pistols and of course, living in MA, it's banned. I guess that's something I'm going to have to get used to.

I had to wait 24 hours. Most anxious 24 hours of my life [sad]

I had to drive 20 minutes to the shop. Most anxious 20 minutes of my life. [smile]

The guy at the shop looked at it and said "Wow, this is really new". "Yup, about half an hour old. Do you accept cash?"

ETA: Stop thinking and buy a Ruger SR9c. Problem solved.

And another thing: look in the classifieds.

Last edited:
Thanks but I haven't gotten one yet - funds are tight but saving up and looking around. I know everyone's first purchase probably seems like yesterday so I want to make the right choice.

I am looking for something I can conceal on a daily basis, and is a good practice gun while I wait to get a second.

So far I've been highly interested in two pistols and of course, living in MA, it's banned. I guess that's something I'm going to have to get used to.

What are the two pistols? I bet you could legally purchase them, and I bet you'd find them here!!!

So far I've been highly interested in two pistols and of course, living in MA, it's banned. I guess that's something I'm going to have to get used to getting around

fify, and yes.

Welcome! IMO, consider an M&P 9c for your EDC. Great gun out of the box reliability, feel etc. just make sure you get the shitty MA tigger taken care of right away! Like others have said, GO GREEN and enjoy the many benefits!

Welcome. This is a great site and there are some interesting topics discussed in the forums and you will learn a lot. If you have questions post them people are great with telling you what they like. Also the classifieds are great and you can find a wide variety of firearms in various conditions. But if your every by auburn let me know and I can bring some stuff out.

Welcome! IMO, consider an M&P 9c for your EDC. Great gun out of the box reliability, feel etc. just make sure you get the shitty MA tigger taken care of right away! Like others have said, GO GREEN and enjoy the many benefits!

Welcome G, I have to agree with Snow. The M&P9c, was my first buy. I did have a trigger job done after I had it for a year. Its a really nice gun, and for a small guy, like me, I think it carries well too. Good Luck!!

Welcome G, I have to agree with Snow. The M&P9c, was my first buy. I did have a trigger job done after I had it for a year. Its a really nice gun, and for a small guy, like me, I think it carries well too. Good Luck!!

Thinking about that or the shield 9

Anyone have both that can set me straight with differences?

Shield is thiner and single stack mag where the m&p 9c is a dbl stack mag a little thinker but the grip is shorter then the shield... Cant go wrong with either....and this is a great site lots of info and opinions

Btw... The Springfield you want is completely legal for you to own, you just need to looka a little harder to find it, and maybe pay a dumbass premium. But it's not banned for you to own.

Back
Top Bottom