• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New member with a question on the P320 issue

This is not the current problem.

The 320 is becoming well noted for discharging without being dropped. This is the second major issue with this model.

Same story going round and round social media. Why not post those well noted items?

There is a very large lawsuit going on. I would err on the side if caution if you plan on CC’ing. The 320 has had issue even after the upgrade. Sounds like therr is potential that the internal sear block can slip. I own a 320 and will not carry until things are settled. Video for reference, and when you click the video description, there is a copy of the lawsuit and all the cases of discharge.

View: https://youtu.be/-SBpZBs3foA

ICE went with the 320. I'll keep my ear to the ground and see if they are having any legitimate issues with them.

I don't believe this, People having a negligent discharge then saying it went off by itself. Especially cops, who don't want to look like an idiot.
Far too many cases of the same exact thing happening. Far as I know one is on camera too. Just read through the lawsuit before having blind faith in sigs fabrication/milling process.

I'm not buying it. A few people futz around with their gun when they're not supposed to, get caught, and quickly blame the gun. Standard cop-out. Then they have to keep the lie going so they sue. Show me the video.

I'm not buying it. A few people futz around with their gun when they're not supposed to, get caught, and quickly blame the gun. Standard cop-out. Then they have to keep the lie going so they sue. Show me the video.

I'm generally inclined to agree with you, but early on when this first happened (not sure about this second round), even Sig admitted that shock, vibration, and heavy impacts could reduce their P320 design's ability to prevent discharge. And they were talking about non-trigger initiated fire. Vibration......seriously?!? That's exactly what internal safeties are made for, so it was a bit of a suspect announcement.

Far too many cases of the same exact thing happening. Far as I know one is on camera too. Just read through the lawsuit before having blind faith in sigs fabrication/milling process.

The video talks about a few cases. Trust me they will fall apart when cross examined. You see if it was a design flaw their would be thousands of instances, not a few. Their would also be an engineering proof of how they failed, by plaintiff lawyers.

I'm generally inclined to agree with you, but early on when this first happened (not sure about this second round), even Sig admitted that shock, vibration, and heavy impacts could reduce their P320 design's ability to prevent discharge. And they were talking about non-trigger initiated fire. Vibration......seriously?!? That's exactly what internal safeties are made for, so it was a bit of a suspect announcement.

Right, that was the drop and fire thing. Not the spontaneously go off in a holster while I'm not playing with it thing. The drop and fire thing can be replicated and proven. There are videos of the drop and fire thing on youtube. Not so much the spontaneous going off in the holster thing.

Right, that was the drop and fire thing. Not the spontaneously go off in a holster while I'm not playing with it thing. The drop and fire thing can be replicated and proven. There are videos of the drop and fire thing on youtube. Not so much the spontaneous going off in the holster thing.

But the drop and hammer test proved it was more inertia than the actual impact. That's why they lightened the trigger mass. That also means that it could have fired in a holster without impact, just a very sharp deceleration.

I'm taking the P320 Legion to the second handgun class at Sig Academy next week. We're shooting 250 rounds and using a holster for the first time so I should have a good idea how the gun responds.

Handgun 102 is a great class. I’ve taken it 4 times, with other new shooters I bring along, and always learn more each time. They have 2-3 instructors watching over 10-12 students. Almost everyone who was scared sh*tless at HG101 doesn’t come back. If they do, and are not safe, they *will* be exited - I’ve seen it twice. The good advice you’ve seen here will be repeated and drilled there.

Men are all about looking like men born with a gun in their hand at the class while the women are real learners, not afraid to shoot poorly and take advice. Be that way. Don’t look at others’ targets, just look at yours and learn to shoot safely. Shooting accurately and quickly comes with time and practice. Use your discount code to re-take 102 and then take 103. These classes are about learning how and what to practice at your home range to get better. Then you come back to challenge yourself and learn new skills and drill at the next level up.

HG103 is a 1-day survey of what you can learn in more depth at HG104 and the "specialty" 1-day classes - Low Light, Scenarios, Moving, etc. The 2-day Defensive Carry courses go more mindset for self-defense - good to take any time after HG102.

Let us know what you think - write a review in the Training sub-forum. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom