New Member Saved by NES

JRB262

NES Member
My wife and I recently got our Massachusetts LTC. I've since spent the time researching concealed carry/home defense options that are MA compliant.

I finally concluded (so I think) that the Sig P250c in 9mm was the right choice for me, although the closest I ever got to one was a picture online.

I started to call local firearms dealers without success, then switched to online sources like Armslist.com and Gunbroker.com. While there were a handful of weapons for sale, none were MA compliant.

I began to search the internet more broadly and to my surprise, came across exactly what I wanted. The website looked detailed and professional. I quickly added the gun to the shopping cart, but thought I should look into the company a little closer before I gave out my credit card number.

The Texas address they used had no street number and the P250c price was considerably lower than I'd seen anywhere else. I searched on the names they used gunsshoppers.com and Safer Heaven and came across a few blog posts on NES. Thankfully those blog posts saved me from doing something stupid!

Thank you NES!!

I have since spent a lot of time on the NES site reading helpful posts and lively debates on all sorts of topics. Of particular interest are the opposing opinions on the Sig P250.

I'm still interested in the P250c, but having never held or shot one makes my choice more difficult.

If any NEC members near Needham own a Sig P250c and would be willing to allow this newbie to put a few rounds thru it, I would be happy to compensate them for their troubles.

Thanks again!

-Jeff

rental guns. the way to try many in one day. Mass Firearms in Holliston MA or Granite State in Hudson NH. When you actually shoot it you may find something better, or maybe not, won't know till you try.

You could check out either the Sig pro shop in Epping NH they may have one in stock that you can hold or On Target in Dracut have a bunch of guns you can rent and use in their indoor range.

rental guns. the way to try many in one day. Mass Firearms in Holliston MA or Granite State in Hudson NH. When you actually shoot it you may find something better, or maybe not, won't know till you try.
Thanks, I've been to Mass Firearms several times. I will check out Granite State too. Thanks

A P250? Run away, fast. If you've never fired one, those things are basically hot garbage compared to nearly anything else.

The prices are low because the guns are gutter trash. Nobody wants them. A dealer will laugh at you if you traded one
in.

I would buy a Taurus G3C long before that. You can get those in MA with 3 mags for short money.

You could check out either the Sig pro shop in Epping NH they may have one in stock that you can hold or On Target in Dracut have a bunch of guns you can rent and use in their indoor range.
Thanks, I'll check them out!

When you are ready to make you purchase I’d check the classifieds here. Or talk to some of the dealer members perhaps from the Littleton area. PM id you would like the specific information on the FFL dealer I use

A P250? Run away, fast. If you've never fired one, those things are basically hot garbage compared to nearly anything else.

The prices are low because the guns are gutter trash. Nobody wants them. A dealer will laugh at you if you traded one
in.

I would buy a Taurus G3C long before that. You can get those in MA with 3 mags for short money.
Thanks for the heads up!

This. Heed this advice. I’ve sold very few guns in my life and the P250 was one of them—I’ve never had that many issues with failures to extract/failures to eject on any other platform. If you have the itch for a polymer sig look at the P320, or potentially consider a P229 for a comparable overall sized package

This. Heed this advice. I’ve sold very few guns in my life and the P250 was one of them—I’ve never had that many issues with failures to extract/failures to eject on any other platform. If you have the itch for a polymer sig look at the P320, or potentially consider a P229 for a comparable overall sized package
Good to know, thank you!

OP

I would just get a 320 compact or a p365xl. 250 is hot garbage.
Thanks, I know the 320 replaced the 250, so that might be my best option. I'm just concerned about the drop issue with the striker-fired Sigs vs the hammer-fired ones in DOA.

My wife and I recently got our Massachusetts LTC. I've since spent the time researching concealed carry/home defense options that are MA compliant.

I finally concluded (so I think) that the Sig P250c in 9mm was the right choice for me, although the closest I ever got to one was a picture online.

I started to call local firearms dealers without success, then switched to online sources like Armslist.com and Gunbroker.com. While there were a handful of weapons for sale, none were MA compliant.

I began to search the internet more broadly and to my surprise, came across exactly what I wanted. The website looked detailed and professional. I quickly added the gun to the shopping cart, but thought I should look into the company a little closer before I gave out my credit card number.

The Texas address they used had no street number and the P250c price was considerably lower than I'd seen anywhere else. I searched on the names they used gunsshoppers.com and Safer Heaven and came across a few blog posts on NES. Thankfully those blog posts saved me from doing something stupid!

Thank you NES!!

I have since spent a lot of time on the NES site reading helpful posts and lively debates on all sorts of topics. Of particular interest are the opposing opinions on the Sig P250.

I'm still interested in the P250c, but having never held or shot one makes my choice more difficult.

If any NEC members near Needham own a Sig P250c and would be willing to allow this newbie to put a few rounds thru it, I would be happy to compensate them for their troubles.

Thanks again!

-Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I own the Sig P 250 SC. You're welcome to try it out. Bring a box of ammo and your own targets. If you don't mind trudging through the snow a bit for our out door pistol range. It's a nice pistol. My club is located in Canton

Walt

in.

Don't listen to these guys, a gun is a personal choice. I shoot my p250 more accurately than any other gun, and it is a great choice if you like the trigger, which I do. It has also never jammed or failed in any way after many thousands of rounds. Can't say the same for oher guns.

But yes defiitely try it before you buy as the p250 trigger is very different than the usual handgun.

I would always choose hammer over striker for a personal defense gun.

Don't listen to these guys, a gun is a personal choice. I shoot my p250 more accurately than any other gun, and it is a great choice if you like the trigger, which I do. It has also never jammed or failed in any way after many thousands of rounds. Can't say the same for oher guns.

But yes defiitely try it before you buy as the p250 trigger is very different than the usual handgun.

So my experience with this platform is irrelevant but your experience with this platform is relevant?

I own multiple sigs and consider myself a fan but my opinion was wholly formed by my personal experience with the p250 platform and its failures for me.

It not as big of a decision as nearly every new gun owner thinks it is. We all remember our first, but very few people end up carrying the first gun they purchased. I think there is a "what was your first gun thread" on here somewhere its about 50/50 whether people even still own them. Mine was a Beretta 92FS, which i do love and will never sell, but hardly ever carry.

Thanks, I know the 320 replaced the 250, so that might be my best option. I'm just concerned about the drop issue with the striker-fired Sigs vs the hammer-fired ones in DOA.

Best thing you can do is get one in hand and try it out. You may never even fire it if you don't like how it handles. Everyone's advice is important but you're the only one that can make that determination. Take up ablediver on his offer and what do you have to lose? Couple of bucks on ammo?

It not as big of a decision as nearly every new gun owner thinks it is. We all remember our first, but very few people end up carrying the first gun they purchased. I think there is a "what was your first gun thread" on here somewhere its about 50/50 whether people even still own them. Mine was a Beretta 92FS, which i do love and will never sell, but hardly ever carry.

Good points, adapt and learn and sometimes you move on. Personally I bought one handgun and carry it, love it but I'm not adverse to finding something better.

Reactions: SDG
So my experience with this platform is irrelevant but your experience with this platform is relevant?

I own multiple sigs and consider myself a fan but my opinion was wholly formed by my personal experience with the p250 platform and its failures for me.

You an drgrant are telling him to "run away fast" while I am saying he should try it out before dismissing it based on someone else's online advice. Big difference.

You an drgrant are telling him to "run away fast" while I am saying he should try it out before dismissing it based on someone else's online advice. Big difference.
Ok I’ll give you that as fair. Unless there were improvements/revisions though I would say be very skeptical of any of the gen 1’s (circa. 2008 production). Perhaps they corrected the issues in later revisions but my experience with their initial production was less than acceptable

P250C was my very first gun. Excellent choice for a starter since the double action teaches you trigger control. I can sell you mine. PM me if interested.

If you do decide to buy something on line, my opinion (for what it's worth) is to buy via GunBroker, from a seller with a significant number of positive ratings, no negatives. And you'll have to have it shipped to a local FFL.

I've bought a couple of guns from GB and had them shipped to FFL's I had done business with here in MA. Normally it's not the cheapest route to go, but in these times when it's hard to find things it can be a good option. I live on the northshore or I'd point you to shops I use.
Good luck!

Last edited:
I have a sig p250c it’s not a bad gun at all. There are some features I like about it a lot. Some I don’t like as well.
If you’d like to try one hit me up.
In these current times I’m willing to even throw in a LITTLE ammo so you can give it a go. Pm me if interested.

I agree!

Back
Top Bottom