New member here

pj150

NES Member
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give a quick intro, being a new member. I've been reading threads here and on a few other forums. Not really new to the gun scene, got my FID about 7 years ago. Been hunting with the shotgun since then with varying success (mostly waterfowl and some upland). Living North of Worcester for the past 5 years has made me appreciate the outdoors a bit more. Coming from the city, it is a big change. I still make the trek once in a while for entertainment and for a good meal.

Anyway, I just submitted an application for LTC-A ALP in my town and just awaiting their response back. I suspect it will take another 3-4 weeks. The application process didn't seem as difficult as what I have read here. Must be the town or I must have did something wrong. Any case, I'll just wait a few weeks and call them for a status.

The next things on my agenda if and when my license comes thru is to 1) find a range or join a local club and 2) to find a nice Glock 23 without breaking the bank and getting proficient in it's usage. I've rented a few pistols in the past just to try out. For some reason, I don't shoot 9mm all that well but the .40 I seem to do much better. Haven't tried any .45's yet.

I'm thinking one weekend I'll bring the wife with me to the S&W range in Springfield and give that a go. 25 bucks to rent including a box of ammo and target sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Yep, Four Seasons is on the list of stores I will be visiting again.

I remember when I was a real newbie when I bough by first shotgun at Ivanhoe's. I just stumbled across it when driving around Burlington. Not sure if they are still there but I did my first purchase of a Mossberg 590. Looked real mean with the heat shield and 9 round capacity. Ivanhoe's back then used to only sell to Police or something like that. It's all a bit blurry but I do remember the person there sold me the 590 hanging on the pegboard behind his desk.

Had an IC choke with a 20" barrel but I still used that on my hunts. Had ALOT of strange looks but surprisingly did very well against pheasants, mallards and seaducks. It was only after shooting my friend's Super Black Eagle which made me think about getting a real hunting gun. I then went and traded the 590 for the Ulti-mag 835. Real heavy that shoots 3.5 shells. This was at four seasons. Got only 150 in trade for the 590 (miss that gun but I did really beat on it). I think I may have deal with a kid with glasses back then, didn't know his name but he was really young.

Thinking back, it must have been funny to see a guy out in ponds with a 590. Used one of those disposible chopsticks as a plug to limit the shells to 3. Things are a bit different now but it's funny to think back on the stupid and silly things one does in life.

Back
Top Bottom