New member, and membership

Hello all, newly licensed, new member and just purchased green! From central MA and dont know anybody into firearms so its been a bit intimidating, but with everything going on i really thought it was time to get it! I knew MA was annoying about 2A, but now im living it lol. For example i just found out i cant purchase a glock 19 gen 4 at the store, but can buy private sale..hmm ok. Any advice or tips feel free to send them my way, im glad to have found NES because i felt really alone before.

Welcome. And here is your first 'like'. The great thing about Glocks in MA is you get to pay more for a used early gen than a new current gen. I think the rumor i heard that since they are plastic they melt is not true. Good luck.

Hello all, newly licensed, new member and just purchased green! From central MA and dont know anybody into firearms so its been a bit intimidating, but with everything going on i really thought it was time to get it! I knew MA was annoying about 2A, but now im living it lol. For example i just found out i cant purchase a glock 19 gen 4 at the store, but can buy private sale..hmm ok. Any advice or tips feel free to send them my way, im glad to have found NES because i felt really alone before.
Keep and eye on the WTS Pistol thread. A G19 Gen 4 will pop up.

Keep and eye on the WTS Pistol thread. A G19 Gen 4 will pop up.
Thanks i am watching! I just need to learn how it works 100% now, trying to understand terminology etc right now and the process of transfer etc.

Welcome to NES [wave]

some advice... search through some threads before asking questions... any “Newb” question you have has probably been asked before by someone, so a quick search may yield a lot of useful info

Since you’re in Central MA, Mass Firearms has a descent armory of pistols you can rent to try before you buy. Then troll the WTS ads here or post a WTB ad.

stay away from .40 cal (its ghey)

Most ammo pricing are currently at ‘WTF’ rates. Find some defensive ammo to keep loaded, and get practice ammo when you can find it... if in stock, Cabelas hasn’t jacked their ammo pricing up too much, but limits the number of boxes you can buy in any particular caliber.

if you want an AR or AK variant the’ll be a bit pricey these days, but most likely cheaper now than after Jan 20th, so maybe consider that over a hand gun if funds are limited.

best of luck and welcome to the addiction!

Welcome to NES [wave]

some advice... search through some threads before asking questions... any “Newb” question you have has probably been asked before by someone, so a quick search may yield a lot of useful info

Since you’re in Central MA, Mass Firearms has a descent armory of pistols you can rent to try before you buy. Then troll the WTS ads here or post a WTB ad.

stay away from .40 cal (its ghey)

Most ammo pricing are currently at ‘WTF’ rates. Find some defensive ammo to keep loaded, and get practice ammo when you can find it... if in stock, Cabelas hasn’t jacked their ammo pricing up too much, but limits the number of boxes you can buy in any particular caliber.

if you want an AR or AK variant the’ll be a bit pricey these days, but most likely cheaper now than after Jan 20th, so maybe consider that over a hand gun if funds are limited.

best of luck and welcome to the addiction!
This is excellent advice thanks so much! Glad i posted here!

Welcome and good luck! Be safe. I am in central ma too. Check out Continental Firearms in Clinton. Good guys. They also offer training.

Back
Top Bottom