• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New LTC format

New LTC from local PD arrived by US Snail today.

I noticed an interesting change - the LTC now has the numbers for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline and the Samaratins Helpline printed on the back.

mine had that when I renewed in 2015

was the change made after the 2013 bill was passed? I think so...can't remember

I have no problem with that.

I just wish they had better graphics.

Whenever I show it to LEOs from out of state or anyone from out of state, they call it a forgery.

I could make a better looking document with a better photo on my office ID printer.

I guess all that matters is that the number matches the police database.

Back in 2014, Naughten said they were working on a better design. Never happened.

Whenever I show it to LEOs from out of state or anyone from out of state, they call it a forgery.

Everyone I know with a LTC has a different photo box size and a different pose inside said photo box. Seriously, my high school ID was better set up than our LTC's

I could make a better looking document with a better photo on my office ID printer.

I guess all that matters is that the number matches the police database.

Back in 2014, Naughten said they were working on a better design. Never happened.

The purpose of this is to marginalize gun owners. I am not ok with it.

The very poor scan of the state seal is what makes it look hokey.

What was even worse was the old paper MA LTCs, and the laminated card stock that RI used until recently.

I don't get why the LTC format doesn't follow the state ID/drivers design with the holographic logo. All professional licenses in the state are rubbish too. Makes no sense why they aren't standardized for security and cost saving purposes.

Suicide numbers were added as part of the last revision to the laws in 2014.

New LTC from local PD arrived by US Snail today.

I noticed an interesting change - the LTC now has the numbers for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline and the Samaratins Helpline printed on the back.

Shouldn't they give out the number, when you get the application.....some towns, you going to need it! [rofl]

There is a top rated range in Mass that also offers these numbers when you apply to use the range.
I think it is a brilliant idea.
It can help ID suicidal people and prevent them from offing themselves at that range.
It's good for business, good for the regular customers, and good for the gun community.

Nobody can stop a suicidal person who is 100% intent on killing themselves.

No need to make a mess of a nice range.

In this day and age here in Mass, there is no reason to use a gun when you can buy 1000x the OD limit of opiates for short money and peacefully enter the here after.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I bet most people would change their mind if they just "sleep on it".

I for one, when I am very excited about making a large purchase, often come to my senses after getting a good nights sleep rather than make an impulse buy.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I bet most people would change their mind if they just "sleep on it"."

I'd wager a large number of suicides are warranted.

Valuable advertising space wasted!

When the RMV sends out the renewals for registrations or licenses they stuff the envelopes with third party ads.

The EOPSS could get in on the action — ad for Speer Ammo or Gunbroker.com on the back of every LTC :p

I don't get why the LTC format doesn't follow the state ID/drivers design with the holographic logo. All professional licenses in the state are rubbish too. Makes no sense why they aren't standardized for security and cost saving purposes.

Suicide numbers were added as part of the last revision to the laws in 2014.

TX LTC looks just like the DL. I have to look twice to make sure I produce the right one when asked.

Damn. If you are suicidal and can wait long enough to get a gun license to shoot yourself in the head, I say you've got some serious commitment. Who am I to stop you?

more high pedestrian bridges over rivers or ravines would help to reduce gun related suicides

huh! yep, never noticed before until now. the only thing that jumps at me when i turn it over is at hair color. and thats because in big, bold lettering it says...GRAY.

Damn. If you are suicidal and can wait long enough to get a gun license to shoot yourself in the head, I say you've got some serious commitment. Who am I to stop you?

No kidding, most people I know don't have the commitment to................

Back
Top Bottom