New LTC applications?

Does anyone out there happen to have any idea when the governor will be allowing local police departments to begin accepting new applications for LTC?
Is it a Phase 3 opening?
I've been trying to get my app. in for a while now.

Give this a try:.

I submitted an LTC application to the Marblehead police department on April 21st. After checking with the Department of Criminal Justice Firearms Licensing hotline, my information was entered into the system sometime around April 30th. Since then, I have been checking on the status of my application regularly. I keep getting told that it is pending review by the licensing officer and he could be waiting for background checks to clear. I've even emailed my licensing officer to check up on the application, but he has stopped responding to my emails. I'm not sure what to do other than wait and hope it goes through soon.

I submitted an LTC application to the Marblehead police department on April 21st. After checking with the Department of Criminal Justice Firearms Licensing hotline, my information was entered into the system sometime around April 30th. Since then, I have been checking on the status of my application regularly. I keep getting told that it is pending review by the licensing officer and he could be waiting for background checks to clear. I've even emailed my licensing officer to check up on the application, but he has stopped responding to my emails. I'm not sure what to do other than wait and hope it goes through soon.

Welcome to the forum and gun ownership in Massachusetts. it seems to routinely take 8-12 weeks under normal circumstances. I’m not familiar with Marblehead specifically though.

The licensing officer probably stopped responding to your emails because he feels that you are annoying him. If you piss him off he could drag his feet. Is it right? Hell no. But in this state you will get to exercise you 2A rights when they say so. Unlike most states you can’t even buy a bullet, much less a firearm without the states permission slip.

It sucks. It isn't right. It’s a violation of our rights and it won’t change until gun owners band together and elect a state government that sees it the same way we do. Of course we could win a Supreme Court case if they deign to here one of the gun cases currently before it.

Thats why it is so important to support GOAL, COMM 2A, GOA, and other organizations that share our values.

Bob

I'm in Swansea and I called the local PD to set up an appointment for my wife and me to get our LTC and they said they will call me back which was over a month ago. Is this normal? How long have people been waiting to get a new LTC in 2020?

Welcome to the forum and gun ownership in Massachusetts. it seems to routinely take 8-12 weeks under normal circumstances. I’m not familiar with Marblehead specifically though.

The licensing officer probably stopped responding to your emails because he feels that you are annoying him. If you piss him off he could drag his feet. Is it right? Hell no. But in this state you will get to exercise you 2A rights when they say so. Unlike most states you can’t even buy a bullet, much less a firearm without the states permission slip.

It sucks. It isn't right. It’s a violation of our rights and it won’t change until gun owners band together and elect a state government that sees it the same way we do. Of course we could win a Supreme Court case if they deign to here one of the gun cases currently before it.

Thats why it is so important to support GOAL, COMM 2A, GOA, and other organizations that share our values.

Bob

I would write him another email asking him why he hasn't responded. Tell him all you want is an update. I would do this until you get one. Keep it straightforward every time. You should definitely not be afraid to keep emailing. For real.

I'm in Swansea and I called the local PD to set up an appointment for my wife and me to get our LTC and they said they will call me back which was over a month ago. Is this normal? How long have people been waiting to get a new LTC in 2020?

Welcome to the Forum.

Is it "normal"? Nobody knows. When the covid panic started, many PDs closed down, to a greater or lesser extent. Some have stepped up and done what's right; others...not so much.

I'm not in your town, so I have no details about what they were like, pre-pandemic, but while it may be neither normal or right, it is what it is.

Try calling back? Email?

Who, then, shall be heard—is it those who cry loudest? No, for all cry loudly. Those who cry longest shall be heard, and justice shall be done to them.”

Good luck!

Does anyone out there happen to have any idea when the governor will be allowing local police departments to begin accepting new applications for LTC?
Is it a Phase 3 opening?
I've been trying to get my app. in for a while now.
Does anyone know of any specific police departments that are accepting new applications for LTC. It could certainly help me place a bit of pressure on my local PD if I could point to other police departments that have not suspended accepting applications.
Thanks.

Does anyone know of any specific police departments that are accepting new applications for LTC. It could certainly help me place a bit of pressure on my local PD if I could point to other police departments that have not suspended accepting applications.
Thanks.
If you want to apply pressure, contact COMM2A and GOAL. And send them at least $10-20. It is amazing how few gun owners support these organizations, yet they have done so much for us.

The PD in town A does not give a f*ck what the PD in town B is doing. You pointing that out might cause your application to move to the bottom of the pile.

Waiting a month or so to get a call for an appointment is normal in normal times. On a good note, you & your wife will mostly get issued no restrictions. Swansea is one of the few towns who have done the right thing and kept issuing permits during this pandemic, unlike some other towns who stopped.

As others have said it's up to the town's PD. I called a couple weeks ago and had my appointment today in Hamilton. They estimated 5 weeks until I hear back.

Back
Top Bottom