New LTC application - Boston (circa 2020)

There were a few guys offering Boston oriented training (ie with revolver) nearby, who to recommend?
I did this for 50-100 people at Braintree R&P back when they allowed instructors to teach there. I can do it now at Londonderry F&G. It is NOT a "LTC course", it is training to take the Moon Island test and every student that reported back to me got within a few points of what they did with me (I actually run the test but with coaching).

Just to chime in, my wife is in the exact same situation as the OP. We notified GOAL. She does not want to litigate. Too bad. Is BPD issuing other licenses? Isn't Schroeder Plaza still open? Judge Woodlock's decision would probably apply.

I have been in touch with BGR and have lined up some practice this weekend at a Maynard Rod and Gun. No updates on licensing, except that my NH app is in and CT app in hand.

FYI, saw in another thread that the new online system is up for Boston licensing and Moon Island is no longer needed. Still requiring call to get on the wait lis for appointment.

I have been in touch with BGR and have lined up some practice this weekend at a Maynard Rod and Gun. No updates on licensing, except that my NH app is in and CT app in hand.

Note that for your CT permit, you're required to take a course.

What are the minimum firearms training course requirements for pistol permit applicants?
You are required> to complete a handgun safety course, which must consist of no less than the NRA's "Basic Pistol Course," prior to submitting the application. The NRA's "Home Firearms Safety Course" and "First Steps Pistol Orientation Program" are not approved courses.

No updates yet. Nothing from NH either [figured I would send my out-of-state app in).
Did get a round of trap in and some .45 last week.

THEY CALLED ME!
That’s right. As of mid March I have been given the privilege to apply. My suburban mother has had her lic for months and here I am after 7+ mo later and my app is in. Anticipate another ~2 mo to my restricted LTC. 🤞🖕

Last edited:
It is here! I am officially an LTC holder! [mg]

Based on my first post in this thread last August, we are talking 10 months from wait list to LTC in hand. The breakdown:
7 months from wait list to application accepted.
8 weeks from application to fingerprinting (note I burned a week with a mistake during upload).
6 weeks from fingerprinting to LTC in the mail.

Will add, received a scorching case of LTC aids as expected.

In other news, I had an offer accepted on a home in New Hampshire. So I’ll have about 60 days of resident LTC before the whole thing becomes moot. 🚚 See you at Purgatory Fish and Game this fall!

Last edited:
It is here! I am officially an LTC holder! [mg]
Congrats!

Kewl NES Screen Name, BTW.
hubs07yld0ql.png

Congrats!

Kewl NES Screen Name, BTW.
hubs07yld0ql.png
Thank you! It’s actually a (semi)obscure reference to the religious figure in THX 1138. If you haven’t seen it, totally awesome early George Lucas film about distopian future of forced medication, faceless robotic cops, and sexualized propoganda. Felt somewhat appropriate in 2021.

View: https://youtu.be/U0YkPnwoYyE

Back
Top Bottom