• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new london home invasion

New London – A 15-year-old teen was charged with home invasion early this morning after police said he broke into a residence at 308 Crystal Ave. armed with a loaded handgun and knife.

The unidentified male juvenile was charged with home invasion, first-degree burglary, second-degree assault with a firearm, first-degree threatening and carrying a pistol without a permit.

Police said the incident happened at 2:49 a.m. The 15-year-old suspect broke into the residence and assaulted the first occupant he encountered in a first floor bedroom. The commotion alerted the victim’s roommate who was sleeping in an upstairs bedroom. The roommate, who was armed with a handgun, came down the stairs and confronted the juvenile assailant.

According to state law, a person is not required to have a permit to legally possess a handgun within his or her residence.

The juvenile immediately dropped his weapon and complied with orders to remain still until police officers arrived. He was arrested without incident.

The injured occupant of the residence received minor injuries but refused medical treatment.

OK how does a conn. resident get a firearm to keep in his residence???? How can he buy a firearm for this reason???????????

without a license?

There is no licensing requirement to possess a handgun in CT if I am not mistaken (which is also what the article says). There is a requirement to purchase. So any legal handguns already owned you can still possess in your home in CT.

There was another armed home invasion in my town yesterday too. At least the precious children in newtown are being kept safe by those new laws.

There's no Pizza Hut in New London anymore!

I moved to CT with a pistol from AZ. Had a hell of a time trying to get an FFL to ship it out of state (because I didn't have a permit).

without a license?

Yes.

Perfectly legal for me to "loan" my mother one of my handguns to keep in her house until the end of time; however, said mother or any person of my choosing can not be disqualified from possesing such weapon i.e. no felonies or class A or B misdemeanors.

As others have said. There is no license requirement to possess any firearm in CT. There are a number of ways an unlicensed person could legally possess a firearm in his house.

1) The spouse, roommate, or significant other could have purchased it and kept it in the house. In this case, the guy who got beat up could have owned the gun.
2) You could have owned the handgun prior to 1994, when a license was first required to purchase a handgun.
3) You could have moved to CT in possession of the gun.
4) It could have been loaned to you by someone who lawfully possessed the gun.

This is one of the things that I keep hammering on when discussing CT v MA. In CT you (at least for now) still have a RIGHT to own firearms. You don't need governmental permission to possess.

Don

Back
Top Bottom