• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new list

stinx

NES Member
I see the newest version of the list is out, no Sig P-320 or FN pistols on it. Whole lotta nothing.

FN pistols will probably never be on it, along with a ton of others. It's all a pipe dream.

Do they actually require a test on each caliber of the same gun? I see the P220 in 45 but not the P220 in 10mm.

Do they actually require a test on each caliber of the same gun? I see the P220 in 45 but not the P220 in 10mm.

this is one of dozens - if not hundreds - of questions that arise due to "the list". ultimately it's not worth worrying about.

My neighbor is a sales rep for Century and told me the Canik was going to be on the list, I tried to get him to hook me up with no luck.

My neighbor is a sales rep for Century and told me the Canik was going to be on the list, I tried to get him to hook me up with no luck.

my dad has a TP9 and loves it but are there 10rd mags available for us behind iron curtain?
well i guess so, http://www.deguns.net/product-p/ma549.htm

but i'm not sure if they a model w the mags. otherwise the value part is sort of lost.

Not only each caliber, but every barrel length, and all different frame and slide materials (alum. carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium, polymer) on each model. On top of that, they have to supply six (I think) examples of each and every different iteration for testing. Actually only the models they want to test. That's why you see models missing from "approved" lists.

You can see why most manufacturers don't bother. The cost of the guns is bad enough, but the cost of testing each one is a killer. Then there's the chance they fail the testing.

Last edited:
Omg guys look at all those glocks!!

Forget about the Glock. Buy the Canik TP9SA.

- - - Updated - - -

my dad has a TP9 and loves it but are there 10rd mags available for us behind iron curtain?
well i guess so, http://www.deguns.net/product-p/ma549.htm

but i'm not sure if they a model w the mags. otherwise the value part is sort of lost.

The dealer can buy the TP9SA with two (2) ten round magazines included. I've seen black and FDE.

Attachments

• 2016-01-25 22.48.45_resized.jpg
    2016-01-25 22.48.45_resized.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Is the FMK-9C-1 and 9C-1 GENII something new on the list?
Another Glock wannabe.

FMK firearms

I've heard those are crap. The caniks on the other hand I've heard nothing but good things about. Behind enemy lines it doesn't really matter with 10rd mags though...really not much different than an M&P with an apex kit.

I've heard those are crap. The caniks on the other hand I've heard nothing but good things about. Behind enemy lines it doesn't really matter with 10rd mags though...really not much different than an M&P with an apex kit.

Different than an M&P. TP9=DA/SA. TP9SA=SA. M&P=DAO.

Glocks were on the eops list last time as well iirc, however this is not the ag's super secret no glocks list. This is still being fought in court by comm2a.

Different than an M&P. TP9=DA/SA. TP9SA=SA. M&P=DAO.

for striker guns the distinction is rather arbitrary....for example the M&P is close to an SAO.
if i am recalling correctly, my beef w the TP9SA is that the P99-like decocker on the slide is still present, thus if decocked the gun is rendered inoperable. round chambered but cannot fire.

I've been told that every SKU/model number needs its own test and the state charges $10k. If the manufacturer makes the same firearm in multiple finishes, each color has to be tested and approved. That's why you might be able to buy a Sig in black but not any of the other dozen colors. The manufacturer is only willing to pay so much for testing so we only the core products that they know will sell.

Not only each caliber, but every barrel length, and all different frame and slide materials (alum. carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium, polymer) on each model. On top of that, they have to supply six (I think) examples of each and every different iteration for testing. Actually only the models they want to test. That's why you see models missing from "approved" lists.

You can see why most manufacturers don't bother. The cost of the guns is bad enough, but the cost of testing each one is a killer. Then there's the chance they fail the testing.

Sadly most mfrs aren't smart enough and don't have a good handle on our laws. NO they do not need to test every single iteration/SKU if they are smart (which most aren't) and get the lab to issue an "engineering equivalency" report that they submit to the GCAB for approval.

I've been told that every SKU/model number needs its own test and the state charges $10k. If the manufacturer makes the same firearm in multiple finishes, each color has to be tested and approved. That's why you might be able to buy a Sig in black but not any of the other dozen colors. The manufacturer is only willing to pay so much for testing so we only the core products that they know will sell.

Totally untrue!

The state charges exactly ZERO! Mfr pays a test lab to test the guns. Almost all the testing is identical to the CA testing requirements (and CA does charge an annual fee/gun $50 last I looked and they had >5x the number of gun models listed as MA) and can be done at the same time, saving a ton of money. Most mfrs choose not to bother submitting to MA due to the arbitrary AG regs enforcement issues.

Sadly most mfrs aren't smart enough and don't have a good handle on our laws. NO they do not need to test every single iteration/SKU if they are smart (which most aren't) and get the lab to issue an "engineering equivalency" report that they submit to the GCAB for approval.

Totally untrue!

The state charges exactly ZERO! Mfr pays a test lab to test the guns. Almost all the testing is identical to the CA testing requirements (and CA does charge an annual fee/gun $50 last I looked and they had >5x the number of gun models listed as MA) and can be done at the same time, saving a ton of money. Most mfrs choose not to bother submitting to MA due to the arbitrary AG regs enforcement issues.

Fascinating I'd love to hear your sources on the matter. I'm not trying to be a troll I'd just would love to know how you know. I've heard manufacturers bitch about the 10 grand all the time

for striker guns the distinction is rather arbitrary....for example the M&P is close to an SAO.
if i am recalling correctly, my beef w the TP9SA is that the P99-like decocker on the slide is still present, thus if decocked the gun is rendered inoperable. round chambered but cannot fire.

But, because of decocker:

"940 CMR 16.05(2) shall not apply to handguns which have a hammer deactivation device."

I don't recall the 2nd amendment talking about a list. I do recall the phrase "shall not be infringed", though. I suppose its all a matter of interpretation.[frown]

I would like all the Mass handgun testing reports from the three "approved labs" published. Which firearms are to be tested, when, quantity, who, test results, what happened to firearms. Will it take a Freedom of Information Act Request? I still don't understand police firearm purchases being exempt from Mass handgun safety requirements.

chesapeaktesting.com (Maryland)
hpwhite.com (Maryland)
nts.com/locations/wichita

Back
Top Bottom