New license applicants from last Sat test; your new call should be in today

I may have the Charlie version of your call sign(s). LOL

The 3 Amigos

3AMIGOS-9f1.jpg

I was hoping to find a 2 meter mobile and I would like to find something along the lines of a Yauseu 897d which covers the MF/HF/VHF/UHF bands. Maybe an antenna. This should be interesting...guns I know....ham gear, not so much.

I was hoping to find a 2 meter mobile and I would like to find something along the lines of a Yauseu 897d which covers the MF/HF/VHF/UHF bands. Maybe an antenna. This should be interesting...guns I know....ham gear, not so much.

Nice. Let me know if you get set up over the weekend. I bet you would be able to hit the Haverhill Repeater. Thats a nice radio. Keep me updated and have fun.

Consider the FT-857D. It's basically the same thing but in a mobile package. You need to feed it 12V (13.8V really) because it doesn't have a built-in 120VAC power supply, and you can't slap their over priced 897 auto-tuner on the side, but you can mount the body of the 857 in your trunk and just have the detachable faceplate up front. That's what I'm just about done doing. For road trips it will take me about 5 minutes to move it from the shack desk to the car.

I heard you guys talking after I cleared the repeater for a bit so I could get settled at work. I was using a Baofeng UV5R HT. 5w into the Ipswich repeater. I was talking with Madball13 earlier, as well. I'm surprised that the RX and TX on this cheap radio and stock antenna is as good as it is. Granted, I live in Ipswich, but from in my apartment and car I can hit Ipswich, Gloucester, Danvers, Topsfield, and West Newbury 2m repeaters no problem.

I'll definitely listen for you. I'll be getting a vanity call sign ASAP, as having ZVC as my last 3 makes it so I almost have to say it
phonetically every time.

Very Nice! Yeah I ended up buying a Baofeng UV-5R after the class on Amazon. I can hit a few repeaters some 2m and others 70cm here at my house. I would agree with you that it sounds great. I purchased the cable and i'm using CHIRP and it's 1000% times better than manuel entry. I will more than likely be on tonight. I want to test my sound on the CAARA repeater. Also, I would remove Madball13's call just in case he does not want it out.

CHIRP is what I used, too. Manual programming sucks for a lot of freqs. Doing a couple on the go isn't too bad, though.

I'll get on the CAARA 2m repeater tonight and see if I can catch you. As of right now, we are getting ready to head out to the hospital (wife's water broke) and play the waiting game. LOL

I took down the call sign just to be safe. Although, I may give him a call later and tell him that I posted all his FCC info on NES, including his home address. That should be fun. [troll]

Congrats Bud!! I know who you are now and can put a face to the callsign. I will call you out tonight and see if you are on. If I can hit the repeater @ CAARA i should be on the NET Sunday night.

CHIRP is what I used, too. Manual programming sucks for a lot of freqs. Doing a couple on the go isn't too bad, though.

I'll get on the CAARA 2m repeater tonight and see if I can catch you. As of right now, we are getting ready to head out to the hospital (wife's water broke) and play the waiting game. LOL

I took down the call sign just to be safe. Although, I may give him a call later and tell him that I posted all his FCC info on NES, including his home address. That should be fun. [troll]

Smooth move Ex-lax.

Back
Top Bottom