Latest Legislative Alert RI Update

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Please see my latest post. #24

!!Legislative Alert!!

Attention Everyone.
The Senate has scheduled Anti-Gun Legislation hearings.

Once again, we need EVERYONE to come to the State House on Tuesday, April 2nd.
There will be a rally at 3:30, but as always, being late is better than not coming at all.

We managed to get the House bills held for further study because of our overwhelming numbers.

We need to do it again.
Now's not the time to let our guard down.

The bills scheduled are;

1)Senate Bill No. 84ChapterBY Coyne,Lynch Prata,Miller,Conley,SeveneyENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Prohibits the manufacturing, importation, sale, shipment, delivery, possession, or transfer of any firearm that is undetectable by metal detectors commonly used at airports and public buildings including 3D printed firearms as defined herein.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

2)Senate Bill No. 156ChapterBY Coyne,Seveney,Euer,DiPalma,ConleyENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Limits the issuance of pistol and revolver carry permits to the office of the attorney general.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

3)Senate Bill No. 464ChapterBY Coyne,Goodwin,Sosnowski,Felag,Lynch PrataENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Defines the term "ghost gun" and bans the manufacture, sale purchase or possession of a machine gun, a ghost gun or an undetectable firearm.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

4)Senate Bill No. 469ChapterBY Goodwin,McCaffrey,Lynch Prata,Coyne,ValverdeENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Enhances penalties for failure to report lost or stolen firearms to the police department, and specify penalties for making a false report of lost or stolen firearms.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

5)Senate Bill No. 502ChapterBY Seveney,Coyne,Valverde,DiPalma,EuerENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Requires firearms to be stored securely when not in use and enhances penalties for failure to store firearms in a secure manner.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

6)Senate Bill No. 595ChapterBY Nesselbush,Crowley,Quezada,Lawson,CanoENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Provides that gun dealers on a monthly basis shall report a summary of all gun sales and transfers to the Rhode Island state police.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

7)Senate Bill No. 597ChapterBY de la Cruz,Rogers,Paolino,McCaffrey,LombardoENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Amends the definition of firearms to include taser. Permits any person over the age of eighteen (18) to possess a stun gun. Enacts the review and appeal process of applying for a license to carry with the licensing authority or attorney general.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

8)Senate Bill No. 635ChapterBY Miller,Lynch Prata,Goodwin,Gallo,DiPalmaENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Bans possession, sale and transfer of assault weapons requires registration)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

9)Senate Bill No. 636ChapterBY Metts,Quezada,Crowley,Goldin,LawsonENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Prohibits firearms possession within 300 feet of school grounds except for peace officers, retired law enforcement officers, persons providing school security, firearms on private property and unloaded firearms in containers or locked car racks.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

10)Senate Bill No. 637ChapterBY Goldin,Coyne,Seveney,Euer,MillerENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- LARGE CAPACITY FEEDING DEVICE BAN (Prohibits sale/possession of feeding device holding more then 10 ammunition rounds punishable by up to $5,000 fine or up to 5 years imprisonment with law enforcement/military personnel exceptions.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

11)Senate Bill No. 638ChapterBY Miller,Lynch Prata,Goodwin,DiPalma,LombardiENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Prohibits obtaining a firearm on behalf of another person if that person is prohibited from possessing a firearm. Increases the penalties for purchases of firearms by use of false information.)03/27/2019 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/02/2019)

It's imperative that we send a strong message to the Senator's and tell them No.
Keep the pressure on your Representative, Contact your Senator, and I'll see you at the State House next week.

Once you complete the sign in for the bills, please come and check in with me so we know which Wallum Lake members are there. I'll try, like always, to be in my usual place in the rotunda.

See you all Tuesday
Thank You.
Paul.

LEGISLATIVE ALERT!

SHARE!

Hear we go folks. Full Slate of Gun Restrictions being proposed this coming Tuesday night.

THIS IS THE BIG ONE!

Semi Automatic Ban and Registration, Magazine restriction and CONFISCATION, Elimination of Shall Issue CCW and Many Many More.

Tuesday afternoon. 3pm. Get the word out to all the clubs and shops!

Think it's OK to miss this hearing this time? Well the other side is astro-turfing, concerned about the "large numbers of NRA supporters."

We need to exceed what we did last year.

We Need Everyone to come, bring family, friends, neighbors.

This is our sink or swim moment.

Wear Yellow

Be at the State House on Tuesday, March 19th.

We will arrive at 3 o'clock, and will be there late into the night.

If you can't get there for 3 o'clock, come as soon as you can.

Sign in opposition to these heinous bills and have your voice heard.

We need Everyone!

Do Not sit this one out.

I will see ALL of You Tuesday.

Thank You.

United We Win

Legislative Alert!!

On Thursday, February 28th, the House Finance Committee will hear testimony on the proposed additional 10% tax on all Firearms and Ammunition.

This is an incredible attack by Gina Raimondo on our Law Abiding Citizens who want to exercise their Rights under the Second Amendment !

This will result in Firearms and Ammunition sales tax being taxed at 17% and add an additional tax of 10% on all club related activities, from membership fees, to range fees, and any sales or fees collected by the club.

We can still put a stop to this tax. Please bring two friends with you to the rally.

The Rally Starts At 3:30, but if you can't get there until later, come as soon as you can and sign in opposition.

Don't let Gina Raimondo weaponize the budget process against us!

Lets All make a Statement Together ! #YellowandProud!

Continue to contact the members of the Senate finance committee and the Senate President and tell them that you oppose this attack on the Rhode Island Firearms Community.

Include your name and contact information in the email so they know that you're a Rhode Islander and you're watching.

Legislative Alert!!!!
Please Share!!!!

Last edited:
**Legislative Update**

Due to the pending weather, the State House hearings have been postponed, so there will be no rally tonight.

I will update you when they are rescheduled.

I would ask that you contact your Senator and Representative as well as the Speaker and Senate President and make sure that they know that we oppose the new taxes in the budget that unfairly target firearms owners. We have a little more time to drive the message home, and when the hearing is rescheduled, we will tell them face to face.

Thank you to everyone who planned on attending tonight. To those who weren't, hopefully you'll realize how important this is and have a change of heart for the next time.
Until Then,
Stay Vigilant,
Thank You
Paul Spadea
Political Action.

Why can’t they hold these dam hearings for when people don’t have to skip work to attend?
Are they just blatantly trying to keep those people from showing up? Very annoying. I’m not a RI resident but still would like to show support

Why can’t they hold these dam hearings for when people don’t have to skip work to attend?
Are they just blatantly trying to keep those people from showing up? Very annoying. I’m not a RI resident but still would like to show support

Mr. E,
I am not sure what your work hours are but it started around 3pm and goes sometimes til very late at night, people come and go all evening. I am not a RI resident either but usually go to most of these hearings. The line waiting to get in was around 300 deep. Really great turnout yesterday! I heard around 3,000 +/- Patriots wearing yellow in support of the 2nd A.
Only saw 3 enemies of the constitution(moms demand action, or whatever they call themselves, usually angry and uptight)in red shirts.
Hope to see you at the next one!

Mr. E,
I am not sure what your work hours are but it started around 3pm and goes sometimes til very late at night, people come and go all evening. I am not a RI resident either but usually go to most of these hearings. The line waiting to get in was around 300 deep. Really great turnout yesterday! I heard around 3,000 +/- Patriots wearing yellow in support of the 2nd A.
Only saw 3 enemies of the constitution(moms demand action, or whatever they call themselves, usually angry and uptight)in red shirts.
Hope to see you at the next one!

People were confused when the "no further study" announcement came out around midnight because people were still testifying. Guys who were leaving work at midnight still got to the State House.

I to had to work and didn't get to the state house until after 8. I was there till I think 1:30 this morning testifying.

People were confused when the "no further study" announcement came out around midnight because people were still testifying. Guys who were leaving work at midnight still got to the State House.
They actually voted to hold the bills for further study at the start of the hearing and read off two bills following public testimony. I'm still going through the footage now and have about 6 or so hours of it.

Given the in-person backlash they got LAST year, I'd think they want to make it as inconvenient as possible. The response from RI gunners was staggering.

It was. A lot better than the response to Mike Yacino's last rally at the State House in Boston 15 or so years ago. Dozens of us. :(. It was disheartening.

Even through all the e-blasts that went out, there were still lots of people whom had no idea what was going down. There are lots of people whom are members of gun clubs in RI who have the mindset that it doesn't effect them because they are "shot gun guys" or "bow and arrow guys" (or gals for that matter) however this year they are coming for you by trying to add taxes on top of the dues you pay. The amount of FUDDS is staggering, hopefully this year is a wake up call....

So Shannon Watts joined bird woman at the State house for what? Doesn't she know that RI fluctuates between 1st and 2nd for states with the lowest gun deaths in the country? No need for what your selling lady.

!!!Legislative Update!!!

As I stated last week, the 2A Sanctuary movement has energized the Anti Gun groups, and given them a new battle cry.. They have multiplied their efforts, concentrating their focus on the bills that ban Guns in school zones, ban magazines, and ban semiautomatic firearms.

As a result, the Senate and House are getting rapidly increasing pressure to move the gun ban Bill's on to the floor for a vote.
It is essential that we keep the pressure on and kill these bills in committee.
We need everyone to call in opposition to moving these bills forward.
House Speaker Mattiello at 401-222-2466
Bills are
H5739
H5741
H5762
Senate President Ruggerio at 401-222-6655.
Bills are
S0635
S0636
S0637
The people who answer the phone will be very nice and polite. We need to be equally nice and polite. Remember that they're simply taking a message, and that they are in no way responsible for these bills.
Just say your in opposition to the Bill's, they will take name and town and put you on the list.
They said they are receiving many calls in support of the bills, and we need to counter that. We need to call Daily, and we need to tell other to do the same.

Also, keep the pressure on your Senator's and Representative, but once again, be nice, be polite. Let them know where you stand, and that you're as opposed today as you were when the bills were introduced. Whatever you do, don't blame the messenger. Remember, the person who answers the phone is an innocent "middle man", and not responsible for the bills..... However, if they're upset by what's said to them on the phone, that could be enough to sway their offices vote.

I witnessed a young lady in tears because someone called her and screamed at her about, of all things, the firefighter overtime bill...
We're better than that. Let's not lose hearts and minds over a lack of ability to control out emotions. That's why I've stressed the importance of being nice.. State your opposition, and remember, these people are getting it from all sides, on every issue.

Thank You
United We Will Win.

This garbage state has SO many problems to deal with, infrastructure, finance, people and businesses leaving in droves but the one thing it has going for it is some of the lowest firearm incidents in the country. The fact that they even waste time on this horse sh!t shows how stupid the RI politicians are.

Legislative Alert !!

On Tuesday, 5-28-19, and Thursday 5-30-19, the Senate will be considering two firearms infringement bills.

The first is S84, which bans any ”undetectable” firearms, including those that have been 3D printed.

This bill is dangerous because it could ultimately be used to ban common use polymer lowers and and other polymer firearms components, which are growing in popularity.

The second bill is S595 which would require all firearms retailers to submit a monthly report and summary of all firearms related transactions to the State Police. In addition to drowning retailers in paperwork, this legislation establishes a database of firearms owner's and a registry of their purchases. The bill and it's sponsor claim that it doesn't, but it does and must be stopped.

As I stated, these bills are being considered. The public input hearings we're on April 2nd, and we showed up and told them No. Now these bills are coming back without even a sub A amendment. There will be little to no additional public input. This is the danger of ”tabled for further study".

This isn't a call to show up at the State House en masse, but, if you want to make your presence known, being there is never a bad idea.

It's very important that we keep the pressure on. Call your Senator. Call the members of the Senate Judiciary. Call the Senate President. Fill their mailboxes with opposition. Make sure that they know that we oppose these bills as well as the rest of the attempts to restrict our rights. Remind them that we said No, and we meant it. We're watching and paying attention to what they do.

Remember that the person answering the phone is just a messenger. Be nice, be polite, and be courteous. When we maintain the high ground, we invalidate most of what the anti gun groups say about us.

As we enter into the last month of the legislative session, remember that this is the most dangerous time of the year for us, and we must remain vigilant.

United We Win

Thank You

!! Legislative Update !!

In my last email, I stated that ”this isn't a call to show up en masse”... Well... As things have progressed, that has changed. The Rhode Island Second Amendment Coalition is requesting that all available people come to the State House, and show your opposition to these bills.

The following is a forwarded message from the Rhode Island Second Amendment Coalition.

Hello Second Amendment Supporters.

The Senate has scheduled two very dangerous "firearm" bills for Consideration, meaning we will NOT get a chance to address the Senate Judiciary directly! Senate Bill #84 the 3D printed firearm and accessories (On 5/28/2019), and Senate Bill #595 FFL monthly reporting to State Police, (On 5/30/2019)

We need people there BOTH days in Yellow to show our opposition to these bills! We need you to CALL and EMAIL your Senate Judiciary members! We need you ... and the three friends you bring along, to come to the State House anytime after 3:00pm.

The Bills can be viewed on our website, the Federated website, The Rhode Island Revolver and Rifle Website and RIFOL website. We will again have a table set up with shirts and buttons for our supporters. The Capital Police are asking us to remind people that they may not bring in any small pocket knives, Leathermem or other metallic items. We are also asking people NOT to make statements to the Press, Please direct them to one of the heads of your Rhode Island Team.

Remember to call and E-Mail your Senator telling him/her that you are opposing all these bills. RIFOL has links to the contact numbers along with sample letters.
Thank you

!! Legislative Update !!

According to Rhode Island Bill Tracker, the meeting to consider Senate Bill S 0595, scheduled for Thursday, May 30th, has been postponed. No further information is available at this time.

The meeting for Senate Bill S 0084 is still scheduled for Tuesday, May 28th. The Rhode Island Second Amendment Coalition requests that people arrive at the State House, any time after 3 o'clock, to show opposition to this Bill.

Ordinarily, I would tell you that I will be in the rotunda, in my usual spot. Unfortunately, I have to attend a wake on Tuesday, and I will not be able to get to the State House untill later in the evening, but I'll be there as soon as I can.

Thank You

!! Legislative Alert !!

Forwarded From The Rhode Island Second Amendment Coalition.

Senate Anti Gun Bill 84 to go to the Senate floor for a vote! Wednesday June 5th !

On Wednesday June 5th, 2019 the Senate will put Senate Bill #84 the 3D printed and "Ghost" firearm bill to the floor. The terrible language of this bill will/can make all your pre 1969 firearms and Federally Legal Form 1 firearms illegal. The language of the bill was so bad that even a Sub A did not cure the problems. Despite this the Senate Judiciary still passed the bill stated they will submit floor amendments.

We would like to see people in Yellow Shirts in the Gallery so "our" Senators will have to see us as they vote away our rights. Be there between 4:00pm and 6:00pm as the vote will be very quick. Please CALL and EMAIL your Senators and tell them what you think of this! There will be no opportunity for public comment and we have no opportunity to see the amendments before they hit the Senate floor for a vote. Remember let your voice be heard, call and let your Senator know how you feel and how you will be voting next election. 2020 is not that far away.

Please be respectful at all times while in the State House. The Capital Police are asking us to remind people that they may not bring in any small pocket knives, Leatherman's or other metallic items. We are also asking people NOT to make statements to the Press, Please direct them to one of the heads of your Rhode Island Team.

!! Legislative Alert !!

Forwarded From The Rhode Island Second Amendment Coalition.

Senate Anti Gun Bill 84 to go to the Senate floor for a vote! Wednesday June 5th !

On Wednesday June 5th, 2019 the Senate will put Senate Bill #84 the 3D printed and "Ghost" firearm bill to the floor. The terrible language of this bill will/can make all your pre 1969 firearms and Federally Legal Form 1 firearms illegal. The language of the bill was so bad that even a Sub A did not cure the problems. Despite this the Senate Judiciary still passed the bill stated they will submit floor amendments.

We would like to see people in Yellow Shirts in the Gallery so "our" Senators will have to see us as they vote away our rights. Be there between 4:00pm and 6:00pm as the vote will be very quick. Please CALL and EMAIL your Senators and tell them what you think of this! There will be no opportunity for public comment and we have no opportunity to see the amendments before they hit the Senate floor for a vote. Remember let your voice be heard, call and let your Senator know how you feel and how you will be voting next election. 2020 is not that far away.

Please be respectful at all times while in the State House. The Capital Police are asking us to remind people that they may not bring in any small pocket knives, Leatherman's or other metallic items. We are also asking people NOT to make statements to the Press, Please direct them to one of the heads of your Rhode Island Team.

I'm not an RI resident but out of curiosity, does anyone know how things went yesterday with regard to this???

I'm not an RI resident but out of curiosity, does anyone know how things went yesterday with regard to this???
I got this on the 5th:
!! Legislative Alert !!

The Senate just passed bill S0084 Sub A.

This Bill, among other things, makes any firearm manufactured without a serial number, a felony to own.
Gramps single shot .22, that's been in your family for 100 years is now an "illegal gun".
Our last chance to stop this, and keep it from becoming law, is now with the House.
Everyone needs to call their Representative, and Speaker Mattiellos, and get this voted down.
Call Often! Emails Often! Don't let this attack on our rights go on unanswered.

A sense of urgency is needed now more than ever.
Let's fill their inbox with our opposition.
Below is a copy of the bill.

Remember, United We Win, complacency will ruin us all

Thanks

http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/BillText19/SenateText19/S0084Aaa.pdf

Then I also got this after:
!! Legislative Alert Update !!

Disregard last Legislative Alert.

It seems that there were amendments made that were not published when the blast was sent.

Bill grandfather's pre 1968 firearms.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom