New laws effecting uppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any reason to think new gun control legislation will have an effect on AR-15 uppers? I've had a JP rifle on my wish list for a while, but still can't quite afford it. I'm thinking it may be prudent to order the cheaper lower assembly now, and then get the much more expensive upper receiver down the road. It would suck to have laws go into effect prohibiting the sale of that upper between now and then. Any reason to think a new breed of definitions may be on the horizon that would effect uppers and the like?

IMO...NO. I see problems for Assault weapons (complete), hi-cap mags, gun show loophole, fmj bullets, ammunition record keeping requirement, people with "crimes" from 50 yrs ago - That now show up on Criminal History's...and some other things.

Upper and Bolts will go up in price, but not subject to restriction. Of course, don't try that "Pre-ban" - "Post-ban" Frankenstein Ar 15 Build!

I am predicting a possible angle of attack for the anti-gunners. There seems to be an under-current of concern over "metal" based bullets, the Barnes style monolithic made bullets of 1 single bullet/ metal material. They might maintain? that they are designed to penetrate....as in "Armor Piercing"?
As to the FMJ , the anti-gunners know that the FMJ are the cheapest and most popular / available type of ammunition. I can guess that any mass shooting on record involving the AR Rifle used FMJ Ammunition. The anti's "This Time", will go after guns, hi cap magazines and AMMUNITION.
Further, I fear that they will do away with IMPORTED Ammunition. So, the majority of that is FMJ.

Does anyone have any reason to think new gun control legislation will have an effect on AR-15 uppers? I've had a JP rifle on my wish list for a while, but still can't quite afford it. I'm thinking it may be prudent to order the cheaper lower assembly now, and then get the much more expensive upper receiver down the road. It would suck to have laws go into effect prohibiting the sale of that upper between now and then. Any reason to think a new breed of definitions may be on the horizon that would effect uppers and the like?

Ask One Eye Jack he is the oldest one-eyed machine gun dealer with a license to tell fortunes east of the Mississippi! he should know [smile]

Jesus H Christ... NHKevin is on the money... Some of you folks need take a deep breath and step away from the internet. Come back when you get your shit together - we'll miss you, but it will be okay.... [thinking]

This, jesus H.... Let's all stop speculating about fake shit that doesn't even exist.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom