New Law Firm Opening In Concord, NH (February 2021)

Qwikdraw45

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just listened to a podcast through FB that was linked via Shooters Outpost. Sean List, an attorney in Manchester was interviewed. He drafted legislation for NH to abolish the Gun Line via Bob Guida.

Sean mentioned that he represents dealers and individuals dealing with 2A issues. At the end of the broadcast, he mentioned that he will be part of a new firm (Lehman, Major, List) opening in Concord, NH in February (of 2021). I've heard mixed reviews about Penny Dean (no personal experience) and it sounds as if List is knowledgeable about firearms laws in NH and at the Federal level.

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As in eliminating State of NH involvement in NICS background checks. When the Sate of NH has excuses about staff shortages, technical limitations, etc., FFL transfers are delayed. Defaulting to the Feds is no more risky than it has ever been, as any changes to NICS laws would pass onto State of NH as well.

Qwikdraw45

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Under the new policy, the “gun line” will only investigate a delayed status for a maximum of 88 days, which is in line with federal standards. After that period, requests still pending will expire and be purged from the system. The new procedures also state the goal of the Permits and Licensing Unit shall be to perform an “instantaneous” check in no less than 90 percent of commercial handgun purchases.

Commissioner Quinn wrote he considered transferring the responsibility for conduction background checks to the FBI, as some demanded, but decided against it. “State law prohibits firearm sales to individuals under an ex parte domestic violence protective order,” Quinn wrote. “Federal law only restricts firearm sales in such instances after the person received actual notice and an opportunity to participate in a hearing.” To follow state law, Quinn said, the state must continue to act as the partial point of contact, saying it “benefits public safety.”

1) So, just deny a sale for 88 days and then expunge it and make the person go through it all over again. 2) Under Federal law, the person has to receive notice and have a hearing (according to the article). Not good enough for our Commish, apparently.

TTA89

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm surprised there isn't already a class action lawsuit. It took over 24 hours for my last pistol purchase a few weeks ago. It seems like a "backdoor" waiting period.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've heard mixed reviews about Penny Dean (no personal experience)

I've no "legal" experience with her either though I have met her a couple of times...not real impressed and every time her name comes up in gun owner's circles the question is almost always raised, "Has she ever won a case"? It would give me pause to retain her.

nstassel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've no "legal" experience with her either though I have met her a couple of times...not real impressed and every time her name comes up in gun owner's circles the question is almost always raised, "Has she ever won a case"? It would give me pause to retain her.
She has a huge win in the area of restoration of rights.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
She has a huge win in the area of restoration of rights.

That would be a great win for her....I didn't see her name in the article (I only scanned it quickly so I may have missed it).

Top Bottom