• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New knife idea

Love my Cold Steel Recon Tanto. S30V steel (brain cramp may be mixing up the letters).
Got it in 1990-ish. It’s still on my gun belt today and has been beaten and abused repeatedly for 30yrs with no failure, has probably cut 100lbs of firewood being hammered down with another log. It just keeps going.
Bought mine at Armco in about 1989. 😆

I bring my Randall Gambler (4") almost everywhere I go.

Sometimes people see the tip of the leather sheath poking out under my shirt. Nobody cares. If I ever feel it's necessary, I can just IWB it (I do at work, where it's probably illegal). But really, even there, I'm betting nobody would GAF.View attachment 546001

Beautiful knife. Do you know the species of the handle material? Looks like it could be Birds Eye Maple? Simple and elegant. Much too nice for a guy like me.

Beautiful knife. Do you know the species of the handle material? Looks like it could be Birds Eye Maple? Simple and elegant. Much too nice for a guy like me.
Yup, birds eye maple. I’ve owned a number of Randalls and still have more than I need, but that was the first of three that I’ve ordered to my specs from the wizards at Orange Blossom Trail.

Honestly what are you knifing that you can't use a folder for?

Not being an ass to answer either carry what you have or get an esee 4 and call it

But unless your seriously bush crafting a folder does what you need

The only drawback with fixed blades is putting them in the sheath and not slicing something, be it a shirt, finger, or flank. Plus the straps kind of suck.

Honestly what are you knifing that you can't use a folder for?

Not being an ass to answer either carry what you have or get an esee 4 and call it

But unless your seriously bush crafting a folder does what you need

Nothing, ma folder suits me fine. But I found that my large fixed knife was very comfortable and am thinking of changing to a fixed full time. The ESEE seems too overbuilt for my purpose, I’ve never held one or seen one, but I get the impression of a heavy duty knife, that I don’t want or need.

I’m looking more for a Sharpfinger sized blade, that is about the same size as a normal folder is open.

I’m really leaning toward putting the marttiini on my Christmas list. At that price I don’t care if it winds up sucking. But it hits all my desired features and reminds me of a knife I had as a teenager that I lost.

Nothing, ma folder suits me fine. But I found that my large fixed knife was very comfortable and am thinking of changing to a fixed full time. The ESEE seems too overbuilt for my purpose, I’ve never held one or seen one, but I get the impression of a heavy duty knife, that I don’t want or need.

I’m looking more for a Sharpfinger sized blade, that is about the same size as a normal folder is open.

I’m really leaning toward putting the marttiini on my Christmas list. At that price I don’t care if it winds up sucking. But it hits all my desired features and reminds me of a knife I had as a teenager that I lost.
Hey man the heart wants what it wants i respect that lol

Lord knows enough knives and guns are mine due to that

ESEE Camp lor PR4?

ESEE-0754-scaled.jpg
I like these so much I bought two last year just to have for GP knives on our belts for hacking around in the yard, hiking or camp site when nothing larger is needed.

Back
Top Bottom